CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
ertman420
Lalli25
CoverTwo
MWard
SAETerrier
JerseyBird
Jethro Beaver
Victor Hampton Arres (1829)
What type of snake i (821)
response from charte (789)
how has more ESPN an (557)
Gamecock Legacy recr (374)
Attendance next seas (364)
purchasing football (257)
Honeymoon recommenda (201)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (139)
$15 home AC (134)
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Playstation 4
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Larenz Bryant update?
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #21
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: I admit, I love Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
We know the feeling on the second part. The Game was once what you did after tailgating. Now it is what you look forward to after tailgating. I will have to tell you though, and I have been to Lambeau. Never been to Camp Randall but would love to add that to my list of stadiums. But I have been to every SEC stadium but Kyle Field, every ACC stadium except the last expansion, been to the Big House, the Horseshoe and Lincoln. We ain't never lost at tailgatin' and don't plan to.
USC! USC! USC! USC!

Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Some of you are going to be in for a big surprise. There's a fair segment of Badger fans that pride themselves on being the most offensive fans in the nation. Their version of our Game....Cock cheer is Eat Sh*t....F*ck You.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
BadgerBadger
Walk On

Male

BadgerBadger has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Some of you are going to be in for a big surprise. There's a fair segment of Badger fans that pride themselves on being the most offensive fans in the nation. Their version of our Game....Cock cheer is Eat Sh*t....F*ck You.

Yeah, about that... At Camp Randall the student section engages in quite a bit of verbal abuse. It's all directed internally (for instance, Section P will stand up and chant "O Sucks!", which propels Section O to stand up and chant "N sucks P!").

The ES/FU chant originally was the old Lite Beer "Tastes Great/Less Filling". Or it was when I attended Madison, anyway (graduated '91). At some point it descended into its current state.

There have been many threads on our boards devoted to this topic, and it always devolves into a generational battle (ol' geezers vs young pups). Kids, I tell ya...
BadgerBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #24
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Don't play Clemson there. They are quite easily offended and will pummel you with their eloquent use of the English language on message boards. I saw one of them post a two syllable word a few days ago.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #25
BigAppleBucky
Walk On

Male

BigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
The freezing of the tookus increases your consumption of brandy xbxexexr, bxrxaxtxs axnxd cxhxexexsxe though.
FIFY
BigAppleBucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #26
Blue&Cocky
Long Live The Note

Male

Blue&Cocky has hatched from the shell

This was the one team I didn't want Carolina to play in a bowl or any other game. I, too, have a deep connection to the Badger state, my grandpa is a UW grad and my whole mom's side is from the Milwaukee area. I'll also admit that UW is the only other school that I root for, other than the Gamecocks. This might be an unpopular opinion, Madison might just be the best college town in all of America. GO GAMECOCKS!

FOREVER TO THEE! GO COCKS! GO BLUES!
Blue&Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBadger View Post
Badger alum here. I have the fortune of living in Minneapolis, which makes Madison feel veritably tropical. Thought you Cocks would get a laugh out of the fact that we're looking forward to a high of -2 today! Couple that with a 20 mph wind and you have pure arctic bliss (think "Fargo").

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in Florida. We Badgers, especially the more seasoned ones who attended Mad Town pre-Alvarez, treat our games as the icing on top of the cake. The cake being the party, of course.

Enjoy your balmy day!
I'm in Fargo by NDSU as we speak and its -19 out. good thing i'm inside. As for Wisky fans. they're great people. both fan bases will get along well in Florida.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:

Oh that's classy. I thought it'd be "Cheddar...Brie"!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Cocky View Post
This was the one team I didn't want Carolina to play in a bowl or any other game. I, too, have a deep connection to the Badger state, my grandpa is a UW grad and my whole mom's side is from the Milwaukee area. I'll also admit that UW is the only other school that I root for, other than the Gamecocks. This might be an unpopular opinion, Madison might just be the best college town in all of America. GO GAMECOCKS!
Although I haven't experienced Madison, have you ever been to Austin?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #30
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
I seriously doubt the obnoxious minority are the ones who travel.

I was living in LA back in 93 when Wisconsin went to its first Rose Bowl in 40 years. Badger fans were EVERYWHERE. They were good, normal people, I thought. It was nice to be surrounded by people who weren't Californians for a week.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #31
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post

I have been to both and honestly prefer Madison just in terms of party with great people. Austin is great for the night life but the People's Republic of Madison is a lot of fun. And the girls there are very friendly if you know what I mean. I had 2 nieces graduate from Madison and I used to recruit Madison for work ages ago. Never had a bad time there although I have had many hangovers there. It is a hard drinking, hard partying crowd.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

when i attend the NDSU game at the FargoDome I'm sure i'll run into some Badger fans. I'll see what they think. Go Chants.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

The most incredible alcoholic beverage I have ever had in my life was in Madison, Wisconsin on New Years' Eve in 2008.

It was at a restaurant or brew pub within walking distance from the state capitol. I do not remember the name of the place, but I wish I did. We went with some friends from Madison and ate at the bar. It was a festive place for sure.

Anyway, the drink was an apple cider whiskey that had been home-made by the bartender. It was a special drink which they kept in a large glass container right there on the bar. It was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted and went down so easy you wouldn't even know it. I think I drank about 3 glasses of them before I realized I was flying United. Plus, it was served heated.

Apple cider whiskey.

Home made.

In Wisconsin. Think about it.

Unfreakingbelievable.

Wisconsin also has my respect because they hate Bret Bielema.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #34
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Apple cider whiskey.

Home made.
Isn't that called moonshine brandy around these parts?
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
Blue&Cocky
Long Live The Note

Male

Blue&Cocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Yes, I have, but MadTown is better IMO.

FOREVER TO THEE! GO COCKS! GO BLUES!
Blue&Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #36
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah I never see that kind of crap as comical. Maybe if you are in 7th grade you think it's a good idea. But pretty selfish of that group considering the rest of the stadium is full of people including children who don't want to hear that.

Outside of that, my only experience with Wisconsin fans was visiting Ohio State the year Ron Dayne won the Heisman. We got seats in the visitor section, which was fun bc Wisconsin won. I had a great time with their fanbase, so nothing bad to say outside of those childish chants a minority find funny.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #37
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

The PSU guys around here generally have nice things to say about the Wisconsin fans and all indications are that they are good, friendly folks. So, I hope after we trade some barbecue for some brats and curds before during the tailgate we hang 50 on them in the nicest way we possibly can!

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #38
zbadger
Walk On

Male

zbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervous

Protip, look for a wisconsin group with a case of Spotted Cow and ask to trade for a bottle. I'm sure many fans will be bringing it down to Florida. It's a great beer that is only sold in Wisconsin and I'm sure many fans would be happy to spread the word about it.

Good topics to bring up with Badgers fans: Bielema sucks, Go Pack Go, Russel Wilson/JJ Watt/Joe Thomas, Oline and RBs, Beer, Brats, Cheese, Bielema really sucks, Ohio State sucks, Bielema sucks some more. Actually just talk about hating Bielema and we will get along greatly.
zbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #39
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbadger View Post
Protip, look for a wisconsin group with a case of Spotted Cow and ask to trade for a bottle. I'm sure many fans will be bringing it down to Florida. It's a great beer that is only sold in Wisconsin and I'm sure many fans would be happy to spread the word about it.

Good topics to bring up with Badgers fans: Bielema sucks, Go Pack Go, Russel Wilson/JJ Watt/Joe Thomas, Oline and RBs, Beer, Brats, Cheese, Bielema really sucks, Ohio State sucks, Bielema sucks some more. Actually just talk about hating Bielema and we will get along greatly.
Speaking of Russell Wilson, we kicked his ass pretty good when he was at NC State..

Hey.. I would love to buy a 12 pack of Spotted Cow from one of y'all.. Lmk!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #40
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Beer + Sausage = Fat Chicks