CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8055)
Super-Efficient Ax (334)
South Carolina @ Aub (288)
BREAD (269)
Starz Black Sails (174)
Dress shirt help (172)
BREAD
Connor Mitch
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Johnny Manziel Pretty Much Admits He's Going Pro

Hardly a surprise..

Quote:
It would be a complete shock if Johnny Manziel returned to Texas A&M next season rather than entering the 2014 NFL Draft, and he recently made some comments that are the strongest sign yet he plans to move on from College Station.

Manziel was speaking to the media recently where he commented on the issue.

While Manziel said he will seek advice from others before determining whether or not to declare for the draft, he did make it very clear that he believes he is ready to make the jump and play in the NFL.

In my mind, I think I am, Manziel said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. I feel like Im playing, for the most part, at a really high level of football. Im putting the ball where I want it to be and Im throwing it with a lot of velocity.

You dont want to go and be unprepared for the National Football League and leave two years on the table. It all comes down to making the best decision for you. Whether youre ready. Whether teams are quarterback-needy. You look at all your factors.

Manziel will spend the next few weeks discussing his future with Texas A&M head coach Mike Sumlin, his private passing coach George Whitfield Jr. and others close to him, before he finalizes his decision.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/12/johnn...hes-ready-nfl/
Old 12-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Johnny Manziel Pretty Much Admits He's Going Pro

Good get him out of there before next year.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
markp_vip
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Should make our opening game next year a little easier. Anyone know anything about who A&M will go to at QB when he leaves?
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Should make our opening game next year a little easier. Anyone know anything about who A&M will go to at QB when he leaves?
Matt Joeckel (Luke's Twin brother) is currently a Junior and has seen time (started for him when he was suspended) but I doubt they go with him. He wasn't a Sumlin Recruit.

Kenny Hill was a freshman this year (and has also seen snaps) and one of the top Dual Threat QBs in the nation. I believe he gets the call as he fits that offense more and will haves full season as well as spring under his belt.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Good get him out of there before next year.
Amen to that...
Old 12-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

How many college QBs have private passing coaches? serious question.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Matt Joekel is next in line according to the depth chart.
-He has completed close to 60% of his passes for 293 yards, 2 TDS, 0 INT.

Kenny Hill is listed No. 3 currently.
-Completed 70% of his passes for 183 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT.

They are bringing in 5-star QB out of Arizona named Kyle Allen.
-6'4, 195 lbs. For his junior year, completed 72% of his passes for over 3100 yards, 36 TDs, 7 INTs.
-According to Maxpreps, for his senior year he has completed 68% of his passes for 2535 yards, 29 TDs, 10 INTs.

Hill is probably the most like Manziel, so I think the TAMU staff wants him to be the guy next year.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
A good amount

That same guy that coaches Manziel has coached:
Landry Jones (while in college)
Braxton Miller
Tahj Boyd
Logan Thomas
Aaron Murray
(To name a few)

Here's a video they did on him during gameday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrouLfAq36A
Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I feel bad for whatever NFL team drafts him
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
A good amount

Braxton Miller
Tahj Boyd
Logan Thomas
Aaron Murray
(To name a few)

Yeah, I don't see any issue with it. Those guys usually go see this coach during the off season. Which is a time that they can't practice with coaches.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Cool. Either way TAMU will be starting a first time starter at the toughest place to win in America.

Edit: I just saw where Joeckel started those two games last year.

Last edited by uscGRAD04; 12-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think he pretty much admitted it when he tweeted that he couldn't wait to get out of college station this summer.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
A good amount

Braxton Miller
Tahj Boyd
Logan Thomas
Aaron Murray
(To name a few)

Never seen this video. Pretty cool when Aaron Murray mentioned Jadeveon Clowney's. No doubt JC was in their heads.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Or Daddy's that have their own private jet.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Good
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

He's been checked out for a while. I think he was checked out during the Missouri game which is why he didn't beat them

North Carolina Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

He gone cuz he skerred!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

I've said all year that he and Evans are both gone.

That being said I think Kenny Hill is their QB next year. He's athletic, but nowhere close to Johnny. His dad is former major league baseball pitcher Ken Hill and he went to Southlake Carroll. They prettyy bread state championships there. They are winning or in state every year it seems like.

He'll be pretty good
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I have a bet with my friend that he won't go in the first 15 picks. He says he will, I don't think so. I guess we'll see.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #20
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:

Dylan Thompson used the same private passing coach as well as Tahj Boyd