CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
RGHoskins
TAFC 5 1981
Dizzy01
ReadR00ster
Cockhornleghorn
Rebel4ever
OscarTheGrouch
Diamond DeSheilds, U (1884)
how has more ESPN an (1146)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (884)
Gamecock Legacy recr (661)
Attendance next seas (479)
Clemson's At It Agai (450)
Women's bb - Deshiel (392)
$15 home AC (306)
22 ways to annoy peo (284)
Why sports will alwa (209)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
how has more ESPN anounce
Clemson's At It Again
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
One thing I was glad to s
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Connor Mitch
I got robbed in broad day
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default My personal favorite plays of 2013

Again, these are just my favorite plays of the regular season.. I'm sure the bowl game will produced a few more.

I'll start this off with the first touchdown of the year. The "Mills" play executed at its finest. I remember Todd Ellis saying that when they were practicing this play earlier in the week that Spurrier really got onto Shaq for slowing down .. He must've gotten the message.

The next two are a Nick Jones special. I also like these because they are against former Gamecock commitment, Brendan Langley. These were huge momentum turning scores in the Georgia game and just flat out amazing plays by Connor and Nick.

Next up, this amazing catch by Bruce Ellington against Vandy. Connor Shaw was absolutely dealing in the first half of that game.

Double dip from the UCF game. Obviously Mike Davis' 50+ harder has to be mentioned but how about Jimmy Legree's interception? That is what having a senior in the secondary does for you. Really going to miss that guy.

Gotta show Damiere Byrd some love … anyone want to bet that he doesn't catch a deep one in the bowl game?

Here is my favorite Mike Davis run of the year.

Missouri fun time!

How about these clutch plays in the Florida game?

..And dammit this was a touchdown.

Elliot Fry might be end up being our best kicker ever.

More Shaq? Why not. #Beastmode

and if you're going to post the Florida incompletion.. Gotta post this one too..

and finally, King Cooper.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: My personal favorite plays of 2013

You outdo yourself on this thread man. Five stars

HOWEVER - no Skai Moore?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Great.

My favorite was that cooper TD late vs Clemson. And the 75 yard by mike vs UNC. And Bruce vs Vandy. Damn there's too many!

That should have been a TD vs UF. Definitly would have made the game look better than it was... Oh well we still won

Great season. Now beat Wisconsin!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Great memories from this year.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

This thread has ruined my productivity for the day
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Your Friend Bucky
Walk On

Male

Your Friend Bucky has hatched from the shell

Nice thread. Will definitely check some out!
Your Friend Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Best thread since we captured our 5th state title!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Honorable mention: Davis's other TD run vs UCF where he carries buddy across the goalline on his back.

Busta's circus catch vs UF

Vic's INT vs UCF

Bryson's INT of Watkins

Davis screen play vs Mizzou where he throws one of the OL into his block.

So many great plays. There was another I wanted to post but I can't recall....

Oh and the entire Arky game.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Good selection. My top is Bruce v Missouri. Game changer - and a superb catch.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

My favorites were the ones from the klempson game. Most of them involved young guys with bright futures ahead of them.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Shaw really was playin his best ball before he got hurt early in the season. :/
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Nice!

Some of those throws are 50+ yds in the air....best deep passer in Gamecock history!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Man we might be lethal on offense next season if the line can continue to improve and Thompson can play decent. We kind of have receivers for days with Bruce, Byrd, Jones and Shaq if Shaq continues to develop. I also wouldn't trade wilds and davis for another set of backs in the country.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Davis 75 yd td at UNC

Pharaoh td pass to Wilds

Missouri 4th and forever in OT

Brison picking off Watkins

Clowney last sack on Boyd

Busta beast catch through PI against UF.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Great thread, thanks for taking the time to put all this together.

My favorite Davis run was his long TD against UNC. I had no idea he was that fast until that moment.

Then it was like... well, this is going to be an interesting year!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

great post. Really shows how much the passing game took off (as you predicted) this year.

Boom!....don't know why Gamecocks rag on Todd. I think he's just fine and seems to be a genuine good guy.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

A play that never was and should have been but we got screwed out of it by the refs letting Tennessee call a LATE time out was the wide open Mason Zandi off the line catch and run to the end zone that was blown dead by that BS time out the refs gave Tennessee. We get that play, we win that game and it would have made your list and changed our season.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #18
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

The offense was awesome this year.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #19
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Pharoh Cooper is going to do something huge for us the next 2 years. I say 2.. because no way in hell he isn't dafted his junior season.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
topcock77
Walk On

Male

topcock77 has hatched from the shell

4th and 15 vs. Missouri and its not close!
topcock77 is offline   Reply With Quote