CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
rosstheboss
3MTA3
Spurticus
Master Bedroom
WeStillOwnUSC
bigdog2003
Spurrier_Superior_On
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
Clemson Georgia Game to b
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
ESPN article on Clowney -
Acock reviews the SEC Net
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 12-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default CB's next year.

This is undoubtedly going to be like the LB situation we had this year, they will struggle all year long. Even if we do get DJ Smith or Wesley Green it is hard to imagine they could come in and play the way Vic and Jimmy did.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
bcolinc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spurs
Default Re: CB's next year.

Hopefully out front 7 or so can get a lot more penetration early on to kinda help that out! I think we will be very athletic at the CB position though, so I'm sure they'll be ok back there
Old 12-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

I see a lot of zone being played next year. While the corner position is a concern we should be fine at safety. I think a lot of cover 2 and 3 deep will be played with the emphasis of the DL getting the rush.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Rico, Ali, and Ronnie....then the FR we get this class. CB is wide open in '14.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I don't think Ronnie Martin is playing anymore from what I've read on here.
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
This is undoubtedly going to be like the LB situation we had this year, they will struggle all year long. Even if we do get DJ Smith or Wesley Green it is hard to imagine they could come in and play the way Vic and Jimmy did.
Munerlynn played and was solid as a freshmen.

not that it will be an ideal situation either way
Old 12-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Rico is transferring i thought, and if the poster below you is correct then ronnie isnt playing either. Sure hope we get DJ and Wesley although that is no guarantee.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Rico is transferring i thought, and if the poster below you is correct then ronnie isnt playing either. Sure hope we get DJ and Wesley although that is no guarantee.
First I've heard of Rico transferring... link?
Old 12-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's the first I've heard of Rico transferring.

Are you thinking of Ahmad?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Rico is NOT transferring. Ahmad Christian transferred. Ronnie Martin has practiced all season and there hasn't been any indication of a transfer, to my knowledge.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Rico is NOT transferring. Ahmad Christian transferred. Ronnie Martin has practiced all season and there hasn't been any indication of a transfer, to my knowledge.
Rico isn't transferring. Ronnie just needs to get his head on straight. He is a ballet and a tough player. But heeds to show the coaches he is ready to play. Ali, I don't know much about.
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Rico needs one more offseason and I think he will be good at one spot. If Ali or Ronnie (who needs to get with it first) can step up and take the other CB role, that'd be great. It'll be tough to place the burden of starting out of the box on a true frosh. Hopefully we can reel in a few more DB's this class to go with Al Harris and Darin Smalls. That being said, I've heard GREAT things about Smalls pure cover ability
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #13
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Kane Whitehurst played CB in High School, might make a change to defense if needed.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
rob1181
Walk On

Male

rob1181 has hatched from the shell

We have 9 scholarships receivers plus Kane Whitehurst coming into spring practice and 3 senior starters plus Shaq coming back. At corner we only have 3 scholarship corners are on the team, and none of them have ever played a down of football for USC. P. Cooper and Whitehurst are both backups who played corner in High School and Cooper practiced at Corner earlier this year and Whitehurst practiced at Corner for Arkansas before transferring. Other than moving a couple of Safeties over, they seem like the best bet for spring football
rob1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervous

Are all the recruits going to be a 100% come spring? I thought I heard news of Smalls and Harris suffering some type of injury this year. Can't remember if one was a torn hamstring and another was an ACL injury. Hope I am wrong.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

[quote=henmania;4030223]He is a ballet and a tough player. [quote]

Are ballet dancers tough? Didn't know that! LOL

Lynn Swann took ballet when he was a receiver for the Steelers, so I guess anything's possible.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

We've got to use a "Zig Ziglar" approach to cornerback (thinking positive).

"Come to South Carolina. If you've got skills at cornerback, you won't be riding the pine."

I'd use that like crazy to recruit like hell.

Nothing is more important to an athlete than playing time.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1181 View Post
We have 9 scholarships receivers plus Kane Whitehurst coming into spring practice and 3 senior starters plus Shaq coming back. At corner we only have 3 scholarship corners are on the team, and none of them have ever played a down of football for USC. P. Cooper and Whitehurst are both backups who played corner in High School and Cooper practiced at Corner earlier this year and Whitehurst practiced at Corner for Arkansas before transferring. Other than moving a couple of Safeties over, they seem like the best bet for spring football
LOL....Pharaoh Cooper will not be on defense!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

GamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spursGamecockInPA has earned his spurs

Any chance a WR or two might be moved over? I bet Byrd would be a great CB, but that won't happen for obvious reasons. Maybe one of the guys who can't crack the WR rotation might see the field back there.
GamecockInPA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
We've got to use a "Zig Ziglar" approach to cornerback (thinking positive).

"Come to South Carolina. If you've got skills at cornerback, you won't be riding the pine."

I'd use that like crazy to recruit like hell.

Nothing is more important to an athlete than playing time.

Most guys want to earn PT and not let it be given to them.