CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
SCohioBoy
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
Sweet Corn!!! (367)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
A'ja Wilson
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Larenz Bryant update?
Kelcy and Vic questioned
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 11-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material
Default Bitcoins exploding!!!

A lot of you probably have never heard or dont know much about them. Basically, its a currency that has no backing, like the gold standard, that you can use to purchase things online. Its been around for a few years and doesnt have a ton of vendors accepting it. Its virtual currency. It use to sell for cents or a few dollars for one virtual coin. However, this week it has exploded to about 900 dollars a coin.

I have a few friends who bout a couple a few years back and just made thousands. There are also stories online of people just remembering they bought them and realizing they are worth half a million or some crazy amount.

Anyway, they are extremely volatile and can change value quickly. There are also other online currencies that you can own.

My question is, does anyone have any or know anyone that hit it big? I just purchased a 100 dollars worth. About a tenth of a coin. I just want to get my mind around it and I know that I am buying them when they are sky high. However, I plan on purchasing some other smaller ones and hoping to hit it big. Its very confusing but it has great potential.

Here is some info trying to explain it.
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise...urvival-guide/
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bitcoins exploding!!!

Not a good way to play it. To play that way you will need a sophisticated trading platform that monitors and analyses micro-movements and buy/sell on small margins. Perhaps a safer way is to mine them yourself. You will need a decent computer with an advanced video card. There are many 3rd party systems of varying cost that will help. Many provide generic infor free. Here are some: http://startbitcoin.com/, http://www.wikihow.com/Mine-Bitcoins, http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/08/how-to-mine-bitcoins/, http://www.howtominebitcoins.com/.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Saw something online about a dude I believe I in sweden. He had bought some years ago when they first were introduced (2008 or 2009?) and forgot about them. Saw something on TV and spent three days trying to remember password. Finally remembered it and found out he had something 3/4 of a million dollars. Can yyou imagine finding 3/4 of a million
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Saw something online about a dude I believe I in sweden. He had bought some years ago when they first were introduced (2008 or 2009?) and forgot about them. Saw something on TV and spent three days trying to remember password. Finally remembered it and found out he had something 3/4 of a million dollars. Can yyou imagine finding 3/4 of a million
Did he cash it in.

If you do t cash it in you don't have squat. The value could drop as fast as it rose.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I follow a Call of Duty YouTuber on Twitter and he is always tweeting about bitcoin. I've watched the value of the currency tick upward from his tweets from less than $100 a few months ago to around $800 the other day. I would have a hard time pulling the trigger or something like this, but if I had some extra income that lying around I would love to try.

He started preaching Lite Coin last night and telling people to buy it while the price was still low.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Did he cash it in.

If you do t cash it in you don't have squat. The value could drop as fast as it rose.
http://now.msn.com/kristoffer-koch-n...bitcoin-profit

only cashed in some
Quote:
Forgetting about investments for four years usually isn't the best way to manage money, but for Kristoffer Koch, the strategy (if you can call it that) paid off handsomely: It bought him an apartment. In 2009, the Norwegian man was writing his thesis about encryption and researching the (at the time) little-known Bitcoins. The encryption on Bitcoins, a digital currency with no centralized authority, makes them essentially untraceable. Curious, Koch bought 5,000 Bitcoins, which cost about $24. Then he forgot about them, finished his thesis and went on with his life.

Bitcoins grew in popularity, and the currency boomed earlier this year. All the media coverage reminded Koch about his purchase, so he checked his account. The coins, which used to be worth less than a penny apiece, now had a total value of $866,000. Koch cashed in a fifth of his earnings to buy a three-bedroom apartment in Oslo. For their part, Bitcoins are still going strong: A new Bitcoin exchange called Coinfloor, committed to anti-money-laundering rules, opened Tuesday.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

There is even a Bitcoin Black Friday now: http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/28/ove...tersocialshare

#ModForMod
Old 11-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Did he cash it in.

What do you mean "cash them in." People are "cashing in" when they're buying them. The American $ is the currency that is guaranteed to do one thing, and one thing only and that is lose its value.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Another, why didn't I think of this moment. Dude made 24,000 buy holding up a bitcoin sign.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/colleg...153845085.html
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
What do you mean "cash them in." People are "cashing in" when they're buying them.
Eh. It's a matter of perspective. Everyone knows what I meant.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Talk about a fall:

"Prices of virtual currency bitcoin fell 20% Wednesday and are now down more than 50% from their record high hit two weeks ago amid worries that China is moving to block the purchase and use of the currency by its citizens," The Wall Street Journal writes.

Bitcoin's big slide began two weeks ago, as we reported, when Chinese authorities told banks there that they couldn't trade in the currency. Officials were worried, NPR's Frank Langfitt reported, about a lack of control over bitcoins that "makes it easier to launder money and finance terrorism."

Wednesday, MarketWatch writes, "BTC China, the biggest bitcoin exchange in that country," announced it has "temporarily stopped" accepting yuan deposits into bitcoin accounts. The news followed reports that "the People's Bank of China had a meeting on Monday with about 10 major third-party payment processors and ordered them to stop working with bitcoin exchanges."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-bite-the-dust

#ModForMod
Old 12-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Putting real money to get a tenth of a fake internet coin... Seems like a wise money move.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Seems legit.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #15
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Putting real money to get a tenth of a fake internet coin... Seems like a wise money move.
All great things started as a risk....history has proven that. Ill make sure I contact you for approval the next time I wipe my ass or blow my nose.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #16
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
All great things started as a risk....history has proven that. Ill make sure I contact you for approval the next time I wipe my ass or blow my nose.
No need to contact me for those things, unless you are considering spending 100 dollars on a tenth of fictional toilet paper. Then you can call me.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-te...coin-dogecoin/

#ModForMod