CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
B-G
robgusc76
The Yancey
A. Pilgrim
qcgamecock
Travelin
SMOTFS86
CockFighter
Connor to be backup? (1038)
aTm demolishes Kyle (1032)
Cocky at the Duck Co (985)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (417)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (244)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (203)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (187)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (178)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (176)
How would a man writ (158)
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Greatest Gamecock Players
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Gotta get Agent 0 going
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
The Vent and Coaching cha
Most Powerful Coaches In
Shaq Roland

Old 12-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons
Default What is your upset pick of the bowl season?

I'm going with 42-38 UCF over Baylor. Partly bc it helps our strength of schedule and partly bc I want to know if Baylor's program is for real or just a pretty facade a la Clempson.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material
Default Re: What is your upset pick of the bowl season?

Rice over Miss St

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 202732
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Duke 24 Texas A&M 23
Just got a feeling.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Clemson over Ohio St.

Just kidding.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I don't know if it will be considered an upset, but I think that Clemson will destory Ohio State. I am sure I will get flamed on here but I honestly think that Ohio State is the weakest of all teams in the BCS bowls. They were exposed in the B1G championship and I don't think that they will be able to handle the speed of Clemson...assuming that Tajh and McDowell play well.
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
I'm going with 42-38 UCF over Baylor. Partly bc it helps our strength of schedule and partly bc I want to know if Baylor's program is for real or just a pretty facade a la Clempson.
It's not that I really believe Baylor is as good as some want to believe, but I do think they are gonna blowout UCF. UCF was lucky their game against us ended up being close, and they had to escape some games with wins (as did we a few times). I think it's going to catch up to them in the bowl game.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Texas over Oregon
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

South Carolina over Wisconsin.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I don't know if it will be considered an upset, but I think that Clemson will destory Ohio State. I am sure I will get flamed on here but I honestly think that Ohio State is the weakest of all teams in the BCS bowls. They were exposed in the B1G championship and I don't think that they will be able to handle the speed of Clemson...assuming that Tajh and McDowell play well.
There is no doubt that Ohio State's defense is weak. However, Ohio State has one of the best running offenses in the country. No offense to Connor Shaw but he isn't Braxton Miller - and Clemson couldn't even stop Shaw. I think this will be a high scoring game. I think this game will come down to getting a defensive stop here or there and TOs. Clemson can win this game but they are going to struggle to stop their offense. Clemson's D isn't Michigan State.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I think UCF could upset Baylor. I also think Baylor could blow them out.

Blake Bortles, in my opinion, is probably the best QB in the 2014 draft with the right tools to be successful in the NFL.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1097400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Texas over Oregon
this. I think oregon has been flat since they complained about going to the rose bowl.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Auburn over FSU.
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
There is no doubt that Ohio State's defense is weak. However, Ohio State has one of the best running offenses in the country. No offense to Connor Shaw but he isn't Braxton Miller - and Clemson couldn't even stop Shaw. I think this will be a high scoring game. I think this game will come down to getting a defensive stop here or there and TOs. Clemson can win this game but they are going to struggle to stop their offense. Clemson's D isn't Michigan State.

All valid points...but as much as Clemson does not have Michigan State's D, Michigan State does not have Clemson's offense. But you are probably right...high scoring game. I just think that Beasley will give Miller fits all day
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
All valid points...but as much as Clemson does not have Michigan State's D, Michigan State does not have Clemson's offense. But you are probably right...high scoring game. I just think that Beasley will give Miller fits all day
And MSU's vaunted defense still allowed OSU to rush for ~260 yards.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

AU over FSU
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

My biggest (by pointspread). Fresno State over So Cal
Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Beasley won't get close to Miller because he is too mobile. Ohio State will pass the ball but they run a lot more. Combined Carlos Hyde and Braxton Miller had 336 rushing attempts. Miller had 231 passing attempts (should be noted that Hyde missed the first 3 games of the season and Miller was out with injury and shared time when he first came back).

By comparison, Shaw had 259 passing attempts. He ran the ball 22 times against Clemson for 94 yards. Ohio State has one of the best rushing offenses in the country. They will destroy Clemson. If Clemson can't stop Shaw, they surely won't stop Miller. They will stack the box and dare Miller to beat him with the pass. I don't think Beasley will be effective against OSU.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Clemson over Ohio St.

Just kidding.
I was going to say Ohio State only scores 69.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

so hard to pick...there is always a team that shows they don't want to be there against a vastly inferior opponent.

Iowa over LSU?
UCF over Baylor?
Houston over Vandy?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
so hard to pick...there is always a team that shows they don't want to be there against a vastly inferior opponent.

Iowa over LSU?
UCF over Baylor?
Houston over Vandy?
I took Houston..