CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
usc1
FanofCarolina1
Travelin
kingofnerf
Decommitment from Te (1259)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (906)
Cleveland Browns Hea (777)
Garcia and Clemsux T (725)
Four USC Basketball (403)
Former Gamecock root (394)
Need a dog kennel (332)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (257)
Props to Eric Hyman. (242)
Bowl packages (226)
My early Monday dinner .
Franks boy's are playing
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
looks like we have 2 OL r
The Vent and Coaching cha
Former Gamecock rooting f
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
QB Next Season?
Decommitment from Texas A
2014 Subway Classic:**USC

Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

CockyCash: 200
NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material
Default I became a State Trooper yesterday.

Hey everyone,

I doubt anyone's noticed but I haven't posted on CT for quite a while because I've been busy at the state criminal justice academy becoming a State Trooper. I just wanted to share this with you all as I love being a part of the CT community and I can't wait to protect and serve you all out there on our state's highways.

I got hired 6 months ago after graduating from USC with a degree in broadcast journalism and it's been one heck of a ride ever since, but I'm finally finished!

Here's a picture of our basic class, I'm in the 4th row, 3rd from the right:

Here's me and my "little" brother at yesterday's graduation, he's a freshman at USC:

Thanks for being an awesome Gamecock community and I hope if we ever have to meet out there on the road, it's under good circumstances.
NotKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: I became a State Trooper yesterday.

Congrats! Keep those idiots out there in check!

My dad is good friends with two of the top dogs of the SC State Troopers. Melvin and Mike (their last name escapes me right now, but they are twins).
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

That's great, man! Way to go
Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

If you just happen to pull over Tahj Boyd for doing 14 over, don't let him off with just a warning! lol.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
GamecockRebel
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1290
GamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talons

Congrats!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Congrats! Be safe out there.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Congrats and try to stay safe.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001079
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Congratulations brother and stay safe. I will soon be heading to SCDC Academy.
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
burr
Recruit

Male

burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

be careful
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Congrats! What Troop will you be with? Where will you be patrolling?
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Congrats

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Is there like a code word I can say to get out of tickets?
Old 12-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 View Post
Congrats! What Troop will you be with? Where will you be patrolling?
I'm in Troop 1, on the roads of Lexington. There are a lot of traffic collisions there, so it's a tough place to work. I'm ready for it.
NotKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Congrat's, State Troopers are usually pretty cool.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Congrats, Bro! So can we call you Not Highway Patrol now?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #16
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotKyle View Post
I'm in Troop 1, on the roads of Lexington. There are a lot of traffic collisions there, so it's a tough place to work. I'm ready for it.
If I can recommend anything, know the DUI 'clues' cold. Not just the clues for the SFSTs either. Memorize the clues for car-in-motion and the clues for the pull-over phase as well as you know the clues for the SFSTs. Also, I know it might involve doing this on your time off, but find officers, deputies, and/or troopers who love to testify in trials and pick their brain for advice as much as you can—even go watch them in court. We've got the most demanding DUI law in the country, so it's especially important in South Carolina to be prepared to fight for a conviction by trial and not just a plea. Never let their feet (not even a toe) go off camera if you can help it, especially under your cruiser's brush guard. Finally, if something goes wrong with your video (i.e. a malfunction), make a habit of providing a Humble affidavit to the prosecutor early on and ask your supervisor or DUI prosecutor exactly what needs to go in them. Hopefully you won't have to write many though!

I'm really, really excited for you and I'm happy to see your kind of enthusiasm for the Patrol. You're going to be a great trooper and I wish you the absolute best.

(PM me if you have any questions!)
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

TS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPit

Congrats to you. My nephew just became SCHP last year.

TS-45 Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Congrats, you're not the only pig we have here. I know a couple of them prefer to fly under the radar though.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Congrats! Watch yourself out there and stay safe.

Try to remember that if you see a guy speeding in a garnet minivan, he's OK

...and remember, take it easy on the brothers...the brothers!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Don't tase me bro!

Jk. Congratulations, and stay safe out there!

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote