CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
roosterdude21
acejrock
NJCocky14
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8001)
Super-Efficient Ax (323)
South Carolina @ Aub (281)
BREAD (245)
Starz Black Sails (168)
Dress shirt help (167)
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?
What is your perfect egg?
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Connor Mitch

Old 12-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #21
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Byrd To Miss Bowl With Knee Injury

We need third play of the season Shaq to show up.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #22
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Who are we going to throw to on our 3rd offensive play now. WHO!?

Seriously though, KW looked like a good, quick, deep threat, then he fell off the face of the earth. Is Shamier even dressing anymore? I didn't see him at all during the Coastal game, and we played 5th string.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #23
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 875
SCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his comb

Cooper about to get some solid WR time maybe?

The past is history,tomorrow is a mystery,but today is a gift.. that is why we call it the present
SCMunnerlyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #24
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Who are we going to throw to on our 3rd offensive play now. WHO!?

Seriously though, KW looked like a good, quick, deep threat, then he fell off the face of the earth. Is Shamier even dressing anymore? I didn't see him at all during the Coastal game, and we played 5th string.
Shamier was injured that game
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Their secondary isnt that good guys, chill
Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
byrd was our "safety" on kick returns too.

He has saved our butt several times also.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 490
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

I think Shamier go hurt before the Coastal game, but last I heard he is good to go now.
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

hope we can get some throws to k. smith and fuller too
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Byrd Great Job this year! Hurry Back for next year. Kane Whitehurst now is your time to show your 4.3 speed 2nd only to Byrd. Coming in as a unknown for Wisconsin will allow you to shine.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #30
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I highly doubt Smith, Whitehurst, Jeffery, Brent, or Fuller get very much or any burn.

It'll be Jones, Ellington, Roland, Cooper, and one out of those five (Smith, is my guess) that get all the snaps unless its a blowout. Probably will see a few more targets to the tight ends as well.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Kane Whitehurst...time to shine and put your jets on.
Damn, you beat me to it!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #32
CockyMarine
Walk On

Male

CockyMarine has hatched from the shell

Byrd is one of my favorite players on the team. He does nothing but keep his mouth shut and BURN DBs. He has turned into a very dependable reciever. Get well soon buddy!
CockyMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I love Nicky Jones and I realize he is a senior, but I don't like the move of putting him in Byrd's spot. He should remain where he is. No one on our team can burn em like Byrd with the exception of Whitehurst and maybe Cooper (moreso because of the shake n bake at the line he has). An no offense to Nick Jones, but he is probably not even in our top 5 fastest receivers. I say throw Pharaoh or Kane and just experiment out there and see what happens. I mean, we still have Mr. Roland and Nicky out there regardless. I wouldn't even mind seeing Kwinton and Jody get a couple looks each. I expect about 30 passes, so I say give about 8 of those looks to those guys and see if someone can make a play. We know Jones and Roland can; no need to fix what's not broken

I actually don't see this to be as nearly a big of a blow as some of you guys are making it out to be. It does hurt to lose Byrd, but don't forget that Roland has actually pulled in the last few deep go routes.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Jones was the starting B receiver before Roland took over at X receiver which is where Byrd was starting. When Roland cracked the starting rotation at X, they moved Byrd to B in front of Jones to get the best 3 on the field.

Jones, Ellington, Roland will be our starting three. Cooper will back up at Z, Ellington slides over to X when Roland needs a breather, and Smith or Whitehurst backs up Jones at B.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his claws

Is 2014 Nick Jones' last year of eligibility?
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #36
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I love Nicky Jones and I realize he is a senior, but I don't like the move of putting him in Byrd's spot. He should remain where he is. No one on our team can burn em like Byrd with the exception of Whitehurst and maybe Cooper (moreso because of the shake n bake at the line he has). An no offense to Nick Jones, but he is probably not even in our top 5 fastest receivers. I say throw Pharaoh or Kane and just experiment out there and see what happens. I mean, we still have Mr. Roland and Nicky out there regardless. I wouldn't even mind seeing Kwinton and Jody get a couple looks each. I expect about 30 passes, so I say give about 8 of those looks to those guys and see if someone can make a play. We know Jones and Roland can; no need to fix what's not broken

I actually don't see this to be as nearly a big of a blow as some of you guys are making it out to be. It does hurt to lose Byrd, but don't forget that Roland has actually pulled in the last few deep go routes.
Jones is a RS JR.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #37
Cockfanga
Walk On

Male

Cockfanga has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugedatdude View Post
Actually, it probably just means Shaq Roland will get more targets.

Maybe - but Shaq isn't in this class of speed and KW being an unknown to Wisconsin could be fun. Don't get me wrong - Shaq is a great receiver...but running a sub 4.3 is something special. Could you imagine a set with a LB trying to cover KW? :-)

It sure would be fun to see all receivers catch and run some...just light up the field.

Should be a fun game to watch -
Cockfanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfanga View Post
Maybe - but Shaq isn't in this class of speed and KW being an unknown to Wisconsin could be fun. Don't get me wrong - Shaq is a great receiver...but running a sub 4.3 is something special. Could you imagine a set with a LB trying to cover KW? :-)

It sure would be fun to see all receivers catch and run some...just light up the field.

Should be a fun game to watch -
Shaq runs a 4.4 and being 6'1 he can handle it!
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #39
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

It would be a really, really long throw if K Smith catches it.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #40
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Who is KW?