CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
ccured
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
Thenardier
ucan'tlickourcocks
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Stadium Ratings-Site (891)
NBA Wants to Up Age (574)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (505)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (463)
Construction of Worl (443)
Save Electricity By (390)
HELP calculating acr (324)
How Experienced In P (294)
40 Ways You Know You (265)
Salut Salon "We (119)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
South Carolina @ Auburn S
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Gamecock cheerleader with
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Where will we be preseaso
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 12-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material
Default Citrus Bowl Stadium

One of my cousins I'm going to the bowl with just snapped her left foot and is now wearing an orthopedic boot. Our seats are in the upper deck on row A. Can anyone tell me if the stadium has elevators or escalators to the upper deck?

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 0
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Citrus Bowl Stadium

I dont think so, the stadium is old and crappy
Old 12-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

I would imagine every stadium has an elevator in it. It's a requirement for all handicapped people.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The stadium is scheduled for a major reconstruction after our game. I am not sure about current elevator access except for the club level suites though.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

You could call/email to capital one people..?

I've never been to the stadium so I have no idea.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

All stadiums have seating for the disabled. Contact the Bowl people ASAP.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
One of my cousins I'm going to the bowl with just snapped her left foot and is now wearing an orthopedic boot. Our seats are in the upper deck on row A. Can anyone tell me if the stadium has elevators or escalators to the upper deck?
http://www.orlandovenues.net/other_i...s.php#disabled
http://www.orlandovenues.net/other_i...faq_citrus.php
Old 12-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Thanks. That wasn't easy to find on their website or via Google.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
[url="http://www.orlandovenues.net/other_info_files/faq_citrus.php#disabled"]

Thanks. That wasn't easy to find on their website or via Google.

I don't know what you searched via google, but when someone mentioned that "by law" part, I remembered the ADA. So I just searched "Citrus Bowl ADA" and this website came up with all the information. So I just passed it on to you via CT.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:

PM to you. In the handicapped section they have a ramp. 407.423.2476 is the phone for accessible seats
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

You'll probably get an upgrade of some sort, or at least have more room. A small consolation I guess.

I bought my tickets today!!!

All booked flight hotel and fb tickets.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #12
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I hope the elevator is in better shape than the rest of the stadium.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I hope the elevator is in better shape than the rest of the stadium.
It can't be as bad as Legion Field.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #14
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
It can't be as bad as Legion Field.
It's not, the stadium ain't that bad the location is a dump, but still not as bad as legion field location
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #15
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

If you have been to Legion Field, then ANYTHING is an upgrade.

That place was the dump of all dumps.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #16
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
It's not, the stadium ain't that bad the location is a dump, but still not as bad as legion field location
^
Agree

The stadium isn't great, but it's far from the worst I've ever been in.
The surrounding area is similar to a lot of areas you find here in Columbia
and in every major city. With the large crowds before during and after
the game, it's no issue. You just don't want to be walking around the
area late at night by yourself or with one or two people.

My son and I were there for the Cap 1 bowl in 2011 and thought it was a
very good atmosphere, and again.... not a great stadium, but it wasn't
"crap" as some are making it out to be.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

At legion field the concourse looked like it hasn't been cleaned since it opened. No doubt the worst stadium I've ever been to.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
Blue&Cocky
Long Live The Note

Male

Blue&Cocky has hatched from the shell

If only UCF's place were bigger, that'd be a MUCH better place to have the game. The Citrus Bowl is in probably the worst part of Orlando. But we can't do anything about it. So that sucks. GO COCKS!!!

FOREVER TO THEE! GO COCKS! GO BLUES!
Blue&Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
At legion field the concourse looked like it hasn't been cleaned since it opened. No doubt the worst stadium I've ever been to.
the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned for at least 20 years.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #20
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Yeah, but who else is freaking pumped for this game?

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote