CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
sanford
usc1
thekob
TAFC 5 1981
B-G
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Spurrier vs Saban (1004)
Gurley or Davis (780)
Expect A Healthy Dos (598)
Lattimore Sidelined (598)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (429)
Coach's media golf p (351)
Anyone Switching to (349)
Darth Vader 'Vette (292)
college football mat (238)
South Carolina Footb (172)
2015 - Mon Denson
South Carolina Football H
2015 - Marquavius Lewis
Destiny Beta
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Expect A Healthy Dose of
Gurley or Davis
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Amonte Caban

Old 12-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material
Default Which Disney Park

So, my friend was closing at his job at Autozone tonight when a guy knocked on the door needing help with his car. My friend reopened the store to help the guy and his family out with their problem. They started talking and my friend told him we were heading down to Orlando for the bowl game, turns out the guy is a VP at Disney and offered us free tickets to thank my friend for helping him out.

What park should we go to? I have never been to Disney (outside of eating at Chief Mickey this past April on the field trip), and need to know what park would 3 guys in their mid-late 20's like the best?

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Which Disney Park

EPCOT is the most adult. MGM studios has some nice rides too.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Island of Adventure would be our best bet but that is Universal.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

^ Epcot is nice, but many of its attractions are outdated. They still have that Ellen DeGeneres/Bill Nye/Alex Trebek ride from the 90s (?). All those old 90s references.

The Magic Kingdom for sure. The new Snow White area just opened.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Trade those tickets for Universal, you won't be disappointed.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

If you've never been to Disney at all you should definitely do Magic Kingdom. It's the "main" park and you'll get the best Disney experience. The previous Capital One Bowl was my friend's first Disney trip and even though we had all done Magic Kingdom a million times we all agreed it was the best part for someone who had never been. He was a 23 year old male and loved it.

Epcot is really fun too though. If you had more than one day I would do this one next.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #7
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Paging 2000Grad....

Really though, it's tough to say. Each park has something to offer. Epcot has the best food options of all the parks. For the thrill rides, Epcot has Soarin; Magic Kingdom has Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad; Animal Kingdom has Everest; Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM) has the Rockin Roller Coaster, Star Wars 3d thing (reminds you a lot like the Days of Thunder thing Carowinds used to have), and Tower of Terror. Everest might be the best roller coaster they have imo, but the rest of Animal Kingdom may not be what you want to do. My wife and I took a week vacation there when we were 27 and I enjoyed Hollywood Studios the most. Went back in October 2012 with my sister, brother-in-law, and twin nieces and the best part was watching the girls in the Magic Kingdom seeing all the princesses and other characters.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

did someone say Disney?

Which park...question of the century.

It will be packed when you go, so avoiding crowds probably won't be an option. If it is thrill rides that you seek and pop culture references, I would head to Hollywood studios. They have the aetosmith rock n roller coaster, the tower of terror, star tours, which is unbelievably good, and some awesome shows like Indians Jones epic stunt spectacular, lights, motor, action stunt show. There is the American idol experience where people actually audition in a real singing competition and the winner gets a ticket to a real American idol audition.

Toy story mania is an awesome 3d ride where you play old midway type games for fun. Fantasmic is one of the best nighttime shows. Very cool effects.

magic kingdom...this is the most Disney of any park. Here is where all the movies from Disney come to life and here is where all the beloved rides are...classics like pirates of the Caribbean, space mountain, hammed mansion, jungle cruise, splash mountain, big thunder mountain, it's a small world, peter pans flight, buzz lightyear space ranger spin, etc. awesome parade at 3pm and one at night. Great fireworks show as well. By the way, seven dwarfs mine train isn't open yet.

Epcot is definitely not a boring place. They have some good rides such as soarin', test track, which they just revamped, mission: space, all of which are in future land.

Epcot is split into 2 sections, future land and world showcase. Future land opens st 9 and the other at 11. the world showcase is like a high quality world's fair. It showcases Mexico, Norway, Morocco, China, Japan, Germany, Italy, Canada, France, UK, and USA. Norway and Mexico have rides and USA, Canada, France, and China have shows. They all have restaurants that serve their unique cuisines, except USA, unless you count burgers and chicken fingers as our unique cuisine.

There are unique gifts your can purchase at each country and unique adult beverages. By the way, each country has cast members from that actual country, so if your are in Norway, you will meet the tall blond haired, blue eyed people from Norway. Stay for illuminations when the park closes...great show and there are .

Animal kingdom has the Kilimanjaro safari ride where you really do see rhinos, elephants,etc add you rider along in an open air vehicle. Sometime u mentioned expedition Everest, which is a very good coaster. There are two great shows in three lion king and finding Nemo. Both are"musicals"in a sense, but have a very unique flair to them. There is also a"mouse"coaster over in Dino land USA. Hard to describe, but it is a roller coaster in which the car can rotate. They have an awesome 4 pm parade Abbas most people empty out after. One thing that you need to know is that this park elk close early on the winter due to the animals...gets dark early, so animals are off to sleep. Probably won't get the best band for your buck there due to that.

I hope this helps. Have fun!

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
EPCOT is the most adult. MGM studios has some nice rides too.
My mom swears by EPCOT! Loves the attractions and also raves about the authentic restaurants and cuisine that are available there.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

One day, one park........... Magic Kingdom
Old 12-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterFriendly View Post
One day, one park........... Magic Kingdom
This.

One day one park is how we roll, and Magic Kingdom never disappoints.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #12
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

It depends on what you want. Magic Kingdom never disappoints me, but Epcot is a close second. Use fast pass to avoid the long lines. While some of your party waits in a long line, send the others to rides you want to ride for fast passes you redeem later. If you time it right, you'll be at the front of the line holding their places when they get back. Some places are out of fast passes early in the day, so hit them first. Soarin' at Epcot and Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom are two of those.

Yes, it's crowded at Christmas, but the decorations, parades, and wonderful fireworks displays make up for that.

Have fun!

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Hollywood Studios is my favorite. Of course the kids love Magic Kingdom. So either of those are fine.

Hollywood Studios has some pretty cool shows for guys: Indiana Jones Show, the Stunt Show Spectacular. You'll have to check on the times and if they will be playing. The Aerosmith Ride is the best rollercoaster of all the parks IMO and the Tower of Terror is right next to it pretty neat as well. And then the Fantasmic Laser Show at the end of the night is awesome.

The reason I said check on the times for the shows b/c I heard the rumor that they will be doing away with Indiana Jones at some point and expanding their Star Wars attractions. 2000Grad is this true?
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
So, my friend was closing at his job at Autozone tonight when a guy knocked on the door needing help with his car. My friend reopened the store to help the guy and his family out with their problem. They started talking and my friend told him we were heading down to Orlando for the bowl game, turns out the guy is a VP at Disney and offered us free tickets to thank my friend for helping him out.

What park should we go to? I have never been to Disney (outside of eating at Chief Mickey this past April on the field trip), and need to know what park would 3 guys in their mid-late 20's like the best?
EPCOT.. You will love the countries..
Old 12-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I just don't think you've truly experienced Disney until you've done Magic Kingdom.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Hollywood Studios is my favorite. Of course the kids love Magic Kingdom. So either of those are fine.

Hollywood Studios has some pretty cool shows for guys: Indiana Jones Show, the Stunt Show Spectacular. You'll have to check on the times and if they will be playing. The Aerosmith Ride is the best rollercoaster of all the parks IMO and the Tower of Terror is right next to it pretty neat as well. And then the Fantasmic Laser Show at the end of the night is awesome.

The reason I said check on the times for the shows b/c I heard the rumor that they will be doing away with Indiana Jones at some point and expanding their Star Wars attractions. 2000Grad is this true?
They are definitely expanding the star wars theme to include a star wars themed land. should be pretty good. It wouldn't surprise me if they did away with the Indiana Jones stunt show. Been there since park opening and haven't changed it that I can remember. Since they are coming out with star wars 7, this world be prefect timing

Old 12-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I just don't think you've truly experienced Disney until you've done Magic Kingdom.
I like the way you think. Definitely is the classic Disney park. When Disney acquired marvel, they did so in an attempt to reach a demographic they were losing. Of course, mk is truly classic.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #18
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1745978
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Magic Kingdom!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Thanks everybody for the replies. I think we may do Animal Kingdom, I have wanted to ride Expedition Everest since I saw it being built on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsGarnet View Post
Trade those tickets for Universal, you won't be disappointed.
I have been to universal before, went last April and really liked it. Don't think we can trade anything since the guy is putting us on a pass list at the park we pick.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

EPCOT, speaking from the second most experience behind 2000grad haha...it'll be more adult friendly (beer/wine/speciality drinks) along with excellent food. It is a staple though to do Magic Kingdom. If I were you, I'd suggest the park hopper option. Obviously a little more, but IMO, it'll allow you to bounce. Plus there's a monorail from MK to EPCOT.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote