CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
johnnyb
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Tennessee game (944)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
No Comments on the Holes?
Tennessee game
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Texas athletic director:

Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default SIAP: Marcus Lattimore Letter to Gamecock Fans

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/12/2...mas-thank.html
Quote:
Growing up in Duncan, South Carolina, I never really cared too much about football teams in South Carolina. I never understood the pride of our state and why Clemson and South Carolina football was so big. I was always a fan of players, never the school, but for some reason when I got the offer letter from South Carolina at the end of my 11th-grade year, I was excited, not knowing what would unfold the next four years of my life.

Brad Lawing and Jay Graham came into my living room a couple weeks before my senior season in high school began to wind down. We talked for about an hour and honestly, I don't remember a thing except when coach Lawing asked me if I had any concerns. I told him what was in my heart, that I felt a lot of pressure to go there and contribute to be somewhat the face of Carolina football and turn the program around.

Coach Lawing said three words that really stuck with me forever -- "Just be yourself.” I knew after that where I would be attending school.

Did my three years at Carolina turn out the way I wanted? No. Did it turn out the way that God wanted it? Yes, and now I'm here in San Francisco and I realize that’s all that matters, and I wouldn't change a thing that happened.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: SIAP: Marcus Lattimore Letter to Gamecock Fans

I wish I could post the whole thing.

In fact I wish this letter was read before the first game next season in the Brice.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Lant
P90X-Man

Male

CockyCash: 30300
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Lant Send a message via Yahoo to Lant

wow. what a great young man.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Can't wait to see him on the field again.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

One of the handful of times I got really mad at HBC was having Marcus out wide BLOCKING in a stationary position with the play coming right up behind him. Why in the world HBC had our all American RB BLOCKING out wide, I'll never understand. If not for that play Marcus would have finished out that year and we probably beat Arkansas running the ball with him and Marcus may have stayed all 4 years. Goes to show how one play can change a career. Duncan boy Marcus!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
One of the handful of times I got really mad at HBC was having Marcus out wide BLOCKING in a stationary position with the play coming right up behind him. Why in the world HBC had our all American RB BLOCKING out wide, I'll never understand. If not for that play Marcus would have finished out that year and we probably beat Arkansas running the ball with him and Marcus may have stayed all 4 years. Goes to show how one play can change a career. Duncan boy Marcus!
I'm sorry, but your post makes no sense. Because someone is a star on the team means he shouldn't have to do things other than what make him look good or highlight his ability? Part of what makes Marcus so special is the fact he's unselfish, and blocking on a play is a fine example of that trait. As for being stationary, maybe he wasn't supposed to be. I'm sure it would have been much better if he had put the guy on the ground with a crushing block or driven him backward, but that didn't happen. Your post makes it seem as though guys like Alshon Jeffery should never have blocked for Lattimore downfield. Would that have made sense? Anyway, much love for Lattimore and what he represents.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Wow. What a great, classy young man. His parents raised him well.

Can't wait to see him play again. I'm sure he will do many great things over in San Fran.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

That is why Marcus Lattimore is My all time favorite Gamecock player. Classy young man!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Oh man. Love him to death. Getting all sappy again
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

i want to see him get his wheels back under him, and really do well in the NFL. He really is a pretty good kid, and i wish him well.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

maybe the classiest act to ever wear the garnet and black- bar none
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpep View Post
maybe the classiest act to ever wear the garnet and black- bar none
No maybe about it. He damn sure is!!! and Go Marcus!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I'm sorry, but your post makes no sense. Because someone is a star on the team means he shouldn't have to do things other than what make him look good or highlight his ability? Part of what makes Marcus so special is the fact he's unselfish, and blocking on a play is a fine example of that trait. As for being stationary, maybe he wasn't supposed to be. I'm sure it would have been much better if he had put the guy on the ground with a crushing block or driven him backward, but that didn't happen. Your post makes it seem as though guys like Alshon Jeffery should never have blocked for Lattimore downfield. Would that have made sense? Anyway, much love for Lattimore and what he represents.
Makes sense to me. Don't put your star RB out wide blocking putting him in a position to possibly get hurt which happened. Spurrier knew where that play was going and to have Marcus out there blocking was just not smart. Alshon was a wide receiver and that was part of his job, to block, so that remark makes no sense. Marcus was our RB, should never have been out there. Anyway, agree with your last sentence so we'll leave it at that.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Makes sense to me. Don't put your star RB out wide blocking putting him in a position to possibly get hurt which happened. Spurrier knew where that play was going and to have Marcus out there blocking was just not smart. Alshon was a wide receiver and that was part of his job, to block, so that remark makes no sense. Marcus was our RB, should never have been out there. Anyway, agree with your last sentence so we'll leave it at that.
Part of Lattimore's job as a running back was to block, too.

Last edited by kingoftheroost; 12-23-2013 at 06:57 PM.
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Just Marcus being Marcus. No matter where the NFL and life takes him, SC will always be home.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

is someone cuttin onions in here? That was a great read. we love you marcus, always will. While we work on getting MD28 his trophy, you go out and steal the starting job from Frank Gore like he beat your mama and get yourself some (more) trophies.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
is someone cuttin onions in here? That was a great read. we love you marcus, always will. While we work on getting MD28 his trophy, you go out and steal the starting job from Frank Gore like he beat your mama and get yourself some (more) trophies.
Definitly got goose bumps. I can't wait to see Marcus in San Fran. Really hope he gets them to a Super Bowl.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I thought it was kinda neat he ended with "Lets Get Mike Davis that trophy next December!" I heard he was really high on Davis, but that right there just proves it.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
cocky-K
4-Star

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

Can't wait to see that dude run again.
cocky-K is online now   Reply With Quote