CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Most Stunningly Tragic Christmas Wish Ever

Des Moines radio station, KSTZ “Star” 102.5 FM has run a "Christmas Wish" program for over 20 years, but nothing could have prepared them for Brenda Schmitz's request.

The wife and mom of four lost her battle with ovarian cancer two years ago, at the age of 46.

“About a week and half ago we got [her] letter in the mail,” station brand manager Scott Allen told the Des Moines Register. “We’ve been doing the Christmas Wish program for 20-plus years. We’ve never received a wish like this, ever.”

Brenda wanted the station to do something wonderful for her husband, David, and their children, after she was gone.

And so, David was asked to come into the station to have a wish granted, but was told nothing further. As the stunned dad attempted to hold back his tears, host Colleen Kelly started to read his wife's first letter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4489451.html

#ModForMod

Last edited by The Yancey; 12-23-2013 at 10:18 PM.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Most Stunningly Tragic Christmas Wish Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Des Moines radio station, KSTZ “Star” 102.5 FM has run a "Christmas Wish" program for over 20 years, but nothing could have prepared them for Brenda Schmitz's request.

The wife and mom of four lost her battle with ovarian cancer two years ago, at the age of 46.

“About a week and half ago we got [her] letter in the mail,” station brand manager Scott Allen told the Des Moines Register. “We’ve been doing the Christmas Wish program for 20-plus years. We’ve never received a wish like this, ever.”

Brenda wanted the station to do something wonderful for her husband, David, and their children, after she was gone.

And so, David was asked to come into the station to have a wish granted, but was told nothing further. As the stunned dad attempted to hold back his tears, host Colleen Kelly started to read his wife's first letter.

Can't see the vid, but if this is the one where the wife wanted the wish held until her husband met someone and moved on, wow, it's good
Old 12-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Dont know why you can't see it unless you are on one of those iThingies. I edited it to include the original Huff Post link though. It is the dead wife's wish though.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Good stuff! Kinda puts things in perspective
Old 12-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Dont know why you can't see it unless you are on one of those iThingies. I edited it to include the original Huff Post link though. It is the dead wife's wish though.
Yeah, it's an iOS/YouTube issue
Old 12-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I watched it on my laptop,windows 8 but wouldn't work on android phone
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

My girlfriend told me about this tonight. Really seems like an absolutely incredible story.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 1065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Ok, who's chopping onions?!?!
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 1834874864
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

Can't see to type

#YanceyForMod
MB_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 4311755
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

Man that really hit a nerve with me.You see in 1997 I lost my wife to ovarian cancer.My son was 1 1/2 and my daughter was 4.It was really tough on us,but we made it.They are all grown up now.My daughter is texting me happy birthday from work and my son is lying on the couch as B type this. I still to this day miss my wife,Angela Marie Rabon,16 years later.Btw she was just 23 at the time.RIP Ang,we miss you!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

That was so hard to get through.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Very touching story of life. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

This is killing me, I never lose a tear but this has done it.

CF4ever, sorry to hear that. GB you.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
This is killing me, I never lose a tear but this has done it.

CF4ever, sorry to hear that. GB you.
thanks man,I've grown a lot from it