CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ertman420
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
Ericvol2096
RGHoskins
usc90grad
rosstheboss
thekob
Mangus now coaching (1045)
Can Tennessee get to (830)
Chick Redefines the (485)
2 Crazy things (450)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (436)
ESPN Article on HBC (428)
Spread vs. aTm (392)
The Bama series (345)
Lindy's top 100 for (341)
Ronald McDonald Gets (158)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2001 vs Sandstorm
2016 Thon Marker
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2 Crazy things
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Spurrier would take Clown

Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default 5 out of 6 of USA Today's Analysts Pick US

5 out of 6 say we will defeat the Badgers.

I have always liked USA Today.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: 5 out of 6 of USA Today's Analysts Pick US

link bro?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
jrussjr
4-Star

Male

jrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his comb

I think it all comes down to the mindset of the team on gameday; however, after hearing a few recent interviews with Connor, Kelcy, Jadeveon and others whom will be playing their last game in the GnB, I don't think that is going to be an issue!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ports/4102957/
Old 12-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
link bro?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ports/4102957/
Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
CockNAwe
Walk On

Male

CockNAwe has hatched from the shell

Athlon has Carolina across the board: http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...ions-and-picks
CockNAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

I think UCF beats Baylor. I was not impressed at all by Baylors defense this year. They played probably 3 quality teams all year, were crushed by OSU in one and the third was against Texas. UCF has some good players and you can bet there will be at least a little bit of overlooking them as they come from the AAC and have never been a powerhouse. Blake Bortles is also getting some projections to the first round I bet he tries to show out against a bad Baylor defense in his last collegiate game to boost his draft profile. UCF has played some pretty poor games but they play up to their competition. UCF 34 Baylor 31
Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNAwe View Post
Athlon has Carolina across the board: http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...ions-and-picks

Outside of the championship game they aren't giving the acc much love at all.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Outside of the championship game they aren't giving the acc much love at all.
as it should be....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #10
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Hope they're right...I want our guys that are leaving to go out on top.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
Harrycock
Walk On

Male

Harrycock has feathers coming inHarrycock has feathers coming inHarrycock has feathers coming in

Auburn didn't win the SEC with smoke and mirrors (although it did look like that in their last 2 games). I expect that when the Sec champ lines up against the ACC champ the chips will fall like they usually do.
Harrycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #12
uesbc
Walk On

Male

uesbc has hatched from the shell

The only place I read for college football predictions is College Football News.

Wisconsin vs. South Carolina
Knee-jerk reaction to matchup: Just how much does South Carolina care? Will Jadeveon Clowney be looking to put on a show to secure his spot as the No. 1 overall draft pick? Will Steve Spurrier's team bring its A game to the post-season and come up with a third straight bowl win over the Big Ten? The problem might be an ultra-motivated Wisconsin that's looking for a signature victory, especially after the really, really weird performance in the regular season-ending loss to Penn State. If the Badgers had remembered try to run the ball against the Nittany Lions, and won, the pick would be the Gamecocks, but, in one of the best games of the bowl season.

Early pick that will probably change: WI 24-23

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1355121.html
uesbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think our ace in the hole is Shaw. The kid is a winner. And if for some reason we end up as the home team, its in the bag. LOL
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
zoobadger
Walk On

Male

zoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I think our ace in the hole is Shaw. The kid is a winner. And if for some reason we end up as the home team, its in the bag. LOL
Your run defense is probably more important. If you can stuff the Badger running game without having to depart from your base defense excessively, you'll win 24 - 17 or thereabouts. This is what my head tells me will happen.

I was going to say my heart says the Badgers will win, but after dropping three straight (winnable) Rose Bowls in a row, my heart pretty much figures the same thing. A close loss where if you change the outcome of four or five plays the Badgers might have won.
zoobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

CFN picked against us? Well, considering they have picked against us all year...
Old 12-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoobadger View Post
Your run defense is probably more important. If you can stuff the Badger running game without having to depart from your base defense excessively, you'll win 24 - 17 or thereabouts. This is what my head tells me will happen.

I was going to say my heart says the Badgers will win, but after dropping three straight (winnable) Rose Bowls in a row, my heart pretty much figures the same thing. A close loss where if you change the outcome of four or five plays the Badgers might have won.
I love having sensible fans from other teams on here. No smack talk. Just open conversations about fact based opinions. It's nice. Especially since some unnamed fan bases seem to only be able to come on here and talk crap.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoobadger View Post
Your run defense is probably more important. If you can stuff the Badger running game without having to depart from your base defense excessively....
Agree, but stuffing the run means we get penetration and disrupt the play. If I was your OC, I'd run, run, run...and run it right up the middle.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
BadgerBadger
Walk On

Male

BadgerBadger has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I love having sensible fans from other teams on here. No smack talk. Just open conversations about fact based opinions. It's nice. Especially since some unnamed fan bases seem to only be able to come on here and talk crap.

I'm with Zoo. We Badger fans have been beaten down in recent years by some really wrenching losses. I just don't see us pulling this one out.

Still looking forward to getting shitplowed for a week in the Florida sun with everyone, though!

On Wisconsin.
BadgerBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

This game will be very crucial for our young LBs to show how much they'd learned and matured over the season. They will really need to step up and hit the proper gaps on the run plays, something they've struggled with quite a bit over the season. The Florida and Clemson games in particular. Hopefully the extra practice time will help the team game-plan and get everyone onto the same page....
Old 12-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uesbc View Post
The only place I read for college football predictions is College Football News.
Lol wut?

You might as well walk into a preschool class and ask the kids who's going to win the gamed. CFN is a joke.