CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
ertman420
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
2 Crazy things
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Gun Holsters

Anybody have any holsters they absolutely swear by? Trying to find something that isn't too bulky.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gun Holsters

what gun and method of carry?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

I prefer the crossbreed supertuck style (many makers large and small make a version of this, theres a local guy that makes them for me with a horsehide backer) for tuckable (can tuck a shirt in over the gun holster and the only thing that shows is the beltclips) inside the waistband carry.

pocket holsters IMO desantis makes a good one for LCP sized pistols
Old 12-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I'm wanting to go on the hip. I'm looking at http://www.versacarry.com/ but don't know how comfortable I'll like an inside wasteband holster. I'll probably get one and try it out since it's only $25.

I bought a Glock 9mm this weekend.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I'm wanting to go on the hip. I'm looking at http://www.versacarry.com/ but don't know how comfortable I'll like an inside wasteband holster. I'll probably get one and try it out since it's only $25.

Glock 19? Glock is so popular its like the Iphone of guns. Theres tons of crap out there just gotta find what you like. As for me, I bought one of those $20 holsters at Walmart a while ago, and I love it. Does the job I need it to do.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

does any part of the holster cover the trigger on that model? just asking because it looks exposed on the website...personally with a glock style pistol (no actual safety lever or switch other than on the trigger/grip) I wouldnt carry it with an exposed trigger, just asking for a ND (negligent discharge)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Glock 19?
Yeah

Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Yeah
Glock is so popular its like the Iphone of guns. Theres tons of crap out there just gotta find what you like. As for me, I bought one of those $20 holsters at Walmart a while ago, and I love it. Does the job I need it to do.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
does any part of the holster cover the trigger on that model? just asking because it looks exposed on the website...personally with a glock style pistol (no actual safety lever or switch other than on the trigger/grip) I wouldnt carry it with an exposed trigger, just asking for a ND (negligent discharge)

It has a trigger gaurd that goes on your dominant hand side so you don't hit it when you're pulling.

I've thought the same thing though, it seems like you have the opportunity of your butt or whatever just catching the trigger.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:

also if you wear your pants with a "snug" waistband, you need to go a size or two larger if you plan to carry IWB, I like IWB, tuckable (for a compact say glock 19), pocket (for a pocket gun like a jframe smith or LCP sized pistol), or ankle (subcompact say glock 26). I dont like having to wear a designated cover garmet like a jacket/sweatshirt/vest and I tuck in most shirts
Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
It has a trigger gaurd that goes on your dominant hand side so you don't hit it when you're pulling.

I've thought the same thing though, it seems like you have the opportunity of your butt or whatever just catching the trigger.
so it only covers the trigger on one side? the otherside is exposed to your pants/underwear/skin?
Old 12-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

I like these for an IWB/tuckable solution
http://www.stickywireholsters.com/St...RD-HOLSTER.htm

lots of guys swear by these also, never tried them personally tho
Old 12-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I have a g19, but prefer to carry my smaller Kahr CM9. I use a kydex holster (the one in your link there appears to be one, too), over a leather 'pancake' one. The advantage is less 'bulk', as you mention, downside is less stability, imo. You can probably make it work, though.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:

looked at the site again and it does look like it covers both sides, also its not as likely to catch the trigger and fire when you are drawing as when you are reholstering...not a big fan of the rod going up the barrel tho, seems like with regular long term use it could affect the crown of the barrel
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
I have a g19, but prefer to carry my smaller Kahr CM9. I use a kydex holster (the one in your link there appears to be one, too), over a leather 'pancake' one. The advantage is less 'bulk', as you mention, downside is less stability, imo. You can probably make it work, though.
yep, width and grip length are what you fight when concealing a pistol normally, the kahr is smaller in both directions than the g19
Old 12-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Btw, the holster I was talking about is a Cook's.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I like these for an IWB/tuckable solution

lots of guys swear by these also, never tried them personally tho
You posted the same link twice ...

Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
You posted the same link twice ...
My Bad...this should have been the second link

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792
Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Those look well made also, are they tuckable? I like the leather/horsehide backer personally, it's more comfortable to me and is as thin as the kydex is
Old 12-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Thanks for posting. Their OWB looks real nice. I might have to try that one out.