CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
Regalcock
b381l
catdaddy66
NJCocky14
BREAD (462)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (431)
South Carolina @ Aub (348)
Dress shirt help (293)
Starz Black Sails (249)
Best Child Acting Pe (153)
Sindarius Thornwell (113)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (57)
Unsung Hero (47)
Well gameday just go (13)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
TOSHIBA Satellite i7 lapt
How to cut the mustard
Kelcy and Vic questioned
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit

Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #41
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Starting Qb next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Maybr you should have read the rest because its obvious to everyone here you dont know what you are talking about. If you wpulda read the rest you would have learnt a thing or two
The point all the haters of your post have is:

SWAGGGA thinks that Mitch's arm strength is on an NFL caliber.
His haters think that Mitch's arm strength is not on an NFL caliber.

Neither is more right than the other, because NFL caliber arm strength ranges from can't throw a 20 yards out route to can throw it 70 yards on the knees....
Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #42
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
i should've used this the first time I had no idea, you're like the Kanye of CFB
Keep embarrassing yourself.

What im saying is true. Its obvious too cause no one knows enough to actually discuss it so they just try and throw insults.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #43
GSC2013
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
GSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his comb

Some are over-reacting to the phrase "NFL ready arm". I don't think the guy meant "NFL ready Quarterback".

Obviously, NO QB who has never started a college game is "NFL ready". But, it would be like someone saying a freshman offensive lineman who can bench 550 saying he has an "NFL ready bench press". Just meaning that one physical trait is up to NFL standard right now.

I think that's all he meant. That the kid's arm strength right now is on par with NFL standards.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #44
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Some are over-reacting to the phrase "NFL ready arm". I don't think the guy meant "NFL ready Quarterback".

Obviously, NO QB who has never started a college game is "NFL ready". But, it would be like someone saying a freshman offensive lineman who can bench 550 saying he has an "NFL ready bench press". Just meaning that one physical trait is up to NFL standard right now.

I think that's all he meant. That the kid's arm strength right now is on par with NFL standards.
I dont see whats so hard to understand about this. Thanks
Old 12-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #45
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
I dont see whats so hard to understand about this. Thanks
Come on man! Ive been backing u up for 2 pages! How bout some props! lol just playin
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #46
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Didn't Spurrier change the offense to fit Shaw's game...thought Spurrier was the "fun and gun" type...if that's the case..doesn't that change the conversation of who plays QB other than Thompson...BTW, DT has earned the right to be called the starter for next year..it's his to lose in my opine.
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post

I comprehend the argument, just saying that a glorified scrimmage against a defense you are familiar with vs. people that can't hit you is the only time we've gotten to see this NFL ready arm strength with anything close to game simulation. Arm strength is also about throwing on the run, from strange angles, while being pressured and after having your spleen whacked a few times by guys that don't hold back. So if you want to agree with Swagga, feel free. I don't and think its ridiculous to use that phrase.

And reading his other posts, its pretty obvious I won't be agreeing with him anytime soon, which is fine.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #48
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonick View Post
Didn't Spurrier change the offense to fit Shaw's game...thought Spurrier was the "fun and gun" type...if that's the case..doesn't that change the conversation of who plays QB other than Thompson...BTW, DT has earned the right to be called the starter for next year..it's his to lose in my opine.
Earned the spot? No. Shaw earned the spot if DT had earned it he would be starting this year, this job is as open as it is gonna ever be
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #49
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The best case scenario is that Thompson takes the reigns with his experience and never looks back. The backups compete and keep him on his toes. Ideally, you want your senior to go out on a high note and groom the young guys for the 2015 offensive rebuild that will be staring us in the face yet no one wants to talk about it.

If USC has to go with the young guys early next year, the offense is going to be an eye sore as they go through their growing pains which given what we have scheduled to return, would be a big disappointment.

If we have to go with Nosovitch and/or Mitch, hopefully it's in the second half of the season and we don't have much to play for.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #50
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Shaw as a Senior was and is the better QB for this type offense..DT was his Back-up for all of the season...the natural progression of things would mean DT is the starter for next year...His job to lose..but if they stick to this type offense run this year..then it's wide open..does that explain it any better...
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #51
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotter22 View Post
Come on man! Ive been backing u up for 2 pages! How bout some props! lol just playin
Sorry man! I dont eveb read screen names! Haha
Old 12-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #52
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I comprehend the argument, just saying that a glorified scrimmage against a defense you are familiar with vs. people that can't hit you is the only time we've gotten to see this NFL ready arm strength with anything close to game simulation. Arm strength is also about throwing on the run, from strange angles, while being pressured and after having your spleen whacked a few times by guys that don't hold back. So if you want to agree with Swagga, feel free. I don't and think its ridiculous to use that phrase.

And reading his other posts, its pretty obvious I won't be agreeing with him anytime soon, which is fine.
It doesnt matter who its aganst. It could be aganst pee wee football. His arm strength wont change bassed on who hes playin. Your still wanting to make it about overall skill.

Were not talking about decision making, reading defense, anything else. Strictly arm strength.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #53
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The best case scenario is that Thompson takes the reigns with his experience and never looks back. The backups compete and keep him on his toes. Ideally, you want your senior to go out on a high note and groom the young guys for the 2015 offensive rebuild that will be staring us in the face yet no one wants to talk about it.

If USC has to go with the young guys early next year, the offense is going to be an eye sore as they go through their growing pains which given what we have scheduled to return, would be a big disappointment.

If we have to go with Nosovitch and/or Mitch, hopefully it's in the second half of the season and we don't have much to play for.
You know that this makes way too much sense.

If Thompson somehow went undefeated, would they still think Mitch or Nosovitch should have started? I'm beginning to think so.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #54
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
You know that this makes way too much sense.

If Thompson somehow went undefeated, would they still think Mitch or Nosovitch should have started? I'm beginning to think so.
Who are you talking about? I think most people expect thompson to start. I myself even said that i expect us to put up more yards next year than we ever did with spurrier before.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #55
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

If Swagga knows so much about arm strength then why compare him to Todd Ellis. Todd had a good college arm but not anywhere big enough for the nfl. He got a tryout with Denver through Dan reeves and could not get the ball to the sidelines on the out route. He was promptly sent packing. Mitch appears to have a much stronger arm than Ellis from the little I have seen from him.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #56
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

I'm expecting a two-QB rotation. Dylan will be our typical pocket passer and the guy who will take about 85% of the snaps, while Noso will come in for short yardage runs and the occasional pass. Noso will be our own little version of Blake Bell from OU. I don't expect to see Mitch play much this year, IMO. He'll play some against teams like South Alabama and Furman. However, I do expect Mitch to be our starting QB for 2015.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #57
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Let's hope all our QBs will emulate the Shaw-Dylan type chemistry and relationship formula.
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #58
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
I'm expecting a two-QB rotation. Dylan will be our typical pocket passer and the guy who will take about 85% of the snaps, while Noso will come in for short yardage runs and the occasional pass. Noso will be our own little version of Blake Bell from OU. I don't expect to see Mitch play much this year, IMO. He'll play some against teams like South Alabama and Furman. However, I do expect Mitch to be our starting QB for 2015.
Let's hope that all our QBs will emulate the Shaw-Dylan type chemistry and relationship formula for years to come.
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #59
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Stop making sense C2. This is a troll thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #60
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
If Swagga knows so much about arm strength then why compare him to Todd Ellis. Todd had a good college arm but not anywhere big enough for the nfl. He got a tryout with Denver through Dan reeves and could not get the ball to the sidelines on the out route. He was promptly sent packing. Mitch appears to have a much stronger arm than Ellis from the little I have seen from him.
Ellis had a cannon. Ive seen him throw many darts into the other teans hands. He had a pretty serious ankle injury. Was never the same again. Thats where you get a lot of velocity from.

So try again.

Also i didn't compare their arm strength. I said since ellis. Really havent had many strong armed QBs here. Mitchell could put some heat on it. Garcia too. But i wouldnt say they had cannons. Petty? Weak arm. Tanneyhill had a weak arm too. Just knew where to put it.

*Wasnt alive to see ellis play in person. Have many gamecock games on DVD.