CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Cock Kool-Aid
Order 66
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4433)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2536)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (906)
US Air nsfw tweet (744)
I like how Frank sou (673)
boiled peanuts (506)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (474)
Tax day freebies (457)
Sweet Corn!!! (193)
Last 5 years in the SEC
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 12-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Alabama town accidentally hires black drag queens to dance in Christmas parade

Residents in the small town of Semmes, Alabama were surprised when one of the acts in the annual Christmas parade was a group of black drag queens known as “The Prancing Elite.”

The captain of the troupe, Kentrell Collins, said he believed the offer had been made in good faith, and that the representative for the Friends of Semmes to whom he spoke knew who she was hiring.

“I said we’re all over 21 and we’re guys. She was so excited. She was like I didn’t know they had any groups like that in Mobile,” Collins told Fox 10 News.

The reaction of local residents to the troupe’s performance was overwhelmingly negative.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/2...istmas-parade/

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama town accidentally hires black drag queens to dance in Christmas parade

Although it's hard to tell, it appears as though the organizers thought it would be cool to do this in a Christmas parade when in all honesty, things that are appropriate in Key West, New Orleans, and Las Vegas are probably inappropriate for that town. The pushback from residents should have been foreseen and expected.
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama town accidentally hires black drag queens to dance in Christmas parade

The most I can figure is that they were going with some type of "12 Days of Christmas" motif and she hire the Prancing Elite to fill the "Lords A'Leaping" requirement...

I did not read the article.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Christmas Parade Ruined

Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material
Default Re: Christmas Parade Ruined

So I guess i'm probably racist/sexist/homophobic/offensive when I say that's the last thing i'd want to see at a Christmas parade and it would indeed ruin it for me.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
TheShelbySensation
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly

Weirdos.
TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

They didn't do anything overtly wrong or dishonest. That said, way to make people take you seriously, gentleman.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #8
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 661
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Can't blame them, they didn't do anything wrong. Way to screw up town.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #9
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Our candle light service was ruined when our two year old barfed all over himself as we pulled into the church parking lot.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #10
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

That is possibly the gayest thing I have seen...

Here is a picture of some of the crowd who had to watch this parade:

Old 12-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
NJCocky14
Recruit

Male

NJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
They didn't do anything overtly wrong or dishonest. That said, way to make people take you seriously, gentleman.
I don't think they're too concerned about some rednecks taking them seriously.
NJCocky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCocky14 View Post
I don't think they're too concerned about some rednecks taking them seriously.
This is now a national story. Entering a small town's Christmas parade and forgetting to mention that you and your buddies are a bunch of drag queens probably doesn't do a lot to make people take gay and transgender rights more seriously.

- Rick H-

Old 12-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

them santas need some sit ups
Old 12-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Sound more like the town's mistake than the dancers. I think you'd want to check the acts out before booking them.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
Sound more like the town's mistake than the dancers. I think you'd want to check the acts out before booking them.
lol, I think it's a pretty safe bet they will, going forward.

- Rick H-

Old 12-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

No what happened is, one of the organizers knew exactly what they were going to do, and booked them anyway, so they were just doing what they were being paid to do.

I mean, if you're going to book them for your parade, there you go
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Mommy, is that what Santa's elves look like?
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #19
NJCocky14
Recruit

Male

NJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
This is now a national story. Entering a small town's Christmas parade and forgetting to mention that you and your buddies are a bunch of drag queens probably doesn't do a lot to make people take gay and transgender rights more seriously.
Quite the opposite actually. It brings attention to them.

And they didn't "forget" to mention anything. The town knew what they were doing.
NJCocky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

They're in talks for a reality show, go figure.