CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
rosstheboss
3MTA3
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
Spurrier_Superior_On
MountainCock
Thenardier
bigdog2003
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
ESPN article on Clowney -
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Clemson Georgia Game to b
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 01-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb
Default Name 3 Things.....

That you would like to see change in College Football. This can be rule changes, player requirements, or changes specifically related to Gamecock Football such as gameday traditions and so on.

And then throw in one over the top thing that has virtually no chance of ever happening.

Mine would be the following.

1. Targeting - I think there has to be some adjustments to the rule. While I think it's a good rule, I think it's causing a lot more injuries with players having to basically learn to tackle all over again. To add on to it, if a player is deemed after review that he didn't launch, pick up the damn flag.

2. Heisman Considerations - if you wanna hold the most prestigious trophy in football, you should be at least a Junior. Not a redshirt Sophomore. A Junior.

3. 8 Team Playoff - It to me just makes more sense. With the 4 team playoff "Cinderella" will still not make it. I think the Cinderella team this year would've been UCF. Give fate a shot. It would be good for College Football.

My Never would happen would be-

Have a week dedicated for any team wanting a shot at the playoff to "challenge" a team that is already in the playoff. To keep it from being a fiasco, the challenging team would have to have no less than 2 losses. And the game would be considered a wild card played in the challenged opponents stadium. For example,

This below is totally hypothetical but, for examples these are the teams involved.

This years playoff teams.

1. FSU
2.Auburn
3.Stanford
4.Bama

We could've challenged Stanford for their spot. If we win, we're in.
If OSU wanted a shot in they could've challenged Bama.

If the playoff were set to 8 teams I would say give the No 1 seed a bye.

What you guys think? I'd love to hear others opinions on this.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Name 3 Things.....

Pass Interference needs to be a spot foul.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

1. They need an 8 team playoff... This will eliminate the argument for teams who just miss the cut at 4

2. They need to pay players for one purpose... they'll be able to fine them when they do something absolutely ignorant, for example fighting and "throat slash" gestures

3. Permanently ban Clemson University from ever playing football again... I don't see how this could be anything but positive for the entire sport.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Neutral sites should only be allowed after the regular season. Everyone needs to play home-in home-out. Mainly talking to you UF/UGA
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Also I think schedules should be adjusted to 1 out of conference opponent with 1 bye week to make room for a 16 team playoff. The Top 10 seeds go to the conference champions (SEC, ACC, B1G, BXII, PAC12, AAC, MW, MAC, CUSA, SB) .. Fill in the rest of the field with 6 at larges based on end of season ranking or a committee or whatever.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 400
Nick29321 has hatched from the shell

1. Bring back celebrations, that was fun to watch
2. NFL like playoff have the conference champs with a bye week then have 4 at large teams play like the wild card.
3. On touch backs make it the 15 yard line instead of the 20. A lil bit longer field would make it more interesting
Old 01-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick29321 View Post
1. Bring back celebrations, that was fun to watch
2. NFL like playoff have the conference champs with a bye week then have 4 at large teams play like the wild card.
3. On touch backs make it the 15 yard line instead of the 20. A lil bit longer field would make it more interesting
you mean the 25?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Pass Interference needs to be a spot foul.
This is one of the things I don't like about the NFL. I just don't think a penalty should be worth 50 yards.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #9
SmokeyFTW
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SmokeyFTW is learning to peckSmokeyFTW is learning to peck

1. Pay the players
2. If you fumble on the 1 inch line, it goes out of the end zone, and the other team doesn't touch the ball or causes the fumble. The defense shouldn't be awarded the ball. Penalize the offense by moving them back to the 15. Example UT vs GA.
3. The "BOX" should be bigger for intentional grounding. You shouldn't be able to take 4 steps left or right and throw the ball out of bounds.
SmokeyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 400
Nick29321 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
you mean the 25?
Oh it thought it was the 20. But move it back to the 15 not for kick offs but for the offense after the touchback
Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Sorry I got 4... in no particular order...

1. 10 Team playoff
2. Targeting to be penality only
3. 1 Preseason game at the beginning of the season
4. Penalties on both teams do not offset, both are enforced
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #12
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Quote:
Also I think schedules should be adjusted to 1 out of conference opponent with 1 bye week to make room for a 16 team playoff. The Top 10 seeds go to the conference champions (SEC, ACC, B1G, BXII, PAC12, AAC, MW, MAC, CUSA, SB) .. Fill in the rest of the field with 6 at larges based on end of season ranking or a committee or whatever.
I really find that one interesting.

That would give your Northern Illinois, UCF's and such a better shot at glory.

I'm gonna break the rules and throw a 4th one in here...

MAKE NOTRE DAME JOIN A FOOTBALL CONFERENCE!!! If you wanna play for the Playoffs you must be a member of a football conference!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
This is one of the things I don't like about the NFL. I just don't think a penalty should be worth 50 yards.
Have to agree with you on this one. I don't like the idea of the offense gaining possibly that much yards and not earning it.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I think its crap when you have a receiver down the field about to make a play and he gets mugged by the defender and the defender is only penalized for 15 yards. I mean shit, defensive coaches tell their corners to grab if they get whipped off the LOS. That isn't right.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I think its crap when you have a receiver down the field about to make a play and he gets mugged by the defender and the defender is only penalized for 15 yards. I mean shit, defensive coaches tell their corners to grab if they get whipped off the LOS. That isn't right.
lol I agree with that one too. Guess I'm kind of in the middle on the pass interference call... I'd much rather it only be a 15 yard, automatic 1st though instead of a 50 yard gain.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Great point.....

If a receiver has flat out beat his cover guy, and the ball is there and the defender makes a last ditch all out tackle on the guy, it should be a spot foul.

It's hard to intelligibly argue your point.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #17
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

My changes would have more to do with players:

1. NFL Draft - Players should not have to wait three seasons to be eligible for the draft. If the NCAA is not going to pay players they should not be forced into a three year mandatory unpaid internship.

Also, every year players should be able to enter the NFL draft and if they go undrafted and still have eligibility should have the ability to return to school.

2. Transfers - Players should be able to transfer to any school outside of their current conference and be able to play the next year. If coaches can go wherever they want players should be able to do the same.

3. Year to Year Scholarships - I think these are absurd! The fact that a coach can sign a player to a one year deal, like this is the NFL, and then cut them is ridiculous.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #18
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

First...the targeting rule...if a player is called for targeting and it is reviewed he didn't target, why does the targeting penalty still stand?

16-team playoff.
10 conference champs...six wildcards.
This year would've been
Florida State
Michigan State
Stanford
Auburn
UL-Lafayette
Bowling Green
Central Florida
Baylor
Fresno State
Rice

With six wildcards.
Stipulate...you lose your conference title game, you don't get a wildcard spot.

3-Celebrations...I want them back
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #19
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post
I really find that one interesting.

That would give your Northern Illinois, UCF's and such a better shot at glory.

I'm gonna break the rules and throw a 4th one in here...

MAKE NOTRE DAME JOIN A FOOTBALL CONFERENCE!!! If you wanna play for the Playoffs you must be a member of a football conference!!!!!!!
Agree big time on last one.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #20
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
My changes would have more to do with players:

1. NFL Draft - Players should not have to wait three seasons to be eligible for the draft. If the NCAA is not going to pay players they should not be forced into a three year mandatory unpaid internship.

Also, every year players should be able to enter the NFL draft and if they go undrafted and still have eligibility should have the ability to return to school.

2. Transfers - Players should be able to transfer to any school outside of their current conference and be able to play the next year. If coaches can go wherever they want players should be able to do the same.

3. Year to Year Scholarships - I think these are ridiculous! The fact that a coach can sign a player to a one year deal, like this is the NFL, and then cut them is ridiculous.
One remark, the NFL Draft rule, is by the NFL not the NCAA, so not something the NCAA could change. I like the way this is done in college baseball, where they can be drafted and still decide to come back, and that you can go straight out of HS but if you go to college you have to wait 3 years.

Concerning rule 2, I thought I saw something recently that transfer rules either were about to change or someone had brought it up to have it changed to allow something similar.