CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ertman420
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
GarnetSwarm1990
JerseyBird
Ericvol2096
RGHoskins
usc90grad
rosstheboss
thekob
Mangus now coaching (1045)
Can Tennessee get to (830)
Chick Redefines the (485)
2 Crazy things (450)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (436)
ESPN Article on HBC (428)
Spread vs. aTm (392)
The Bama series (345)
Lindy's top 100 for (341)
Ronald McDonald Gets (158)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2001 vs Sandstorm
2016 Thon Marker
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2 Crazy things
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Spurrier would take Clown

Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb
Default SEC Underdogs

Does anyone else find it odd that out of 10 SEC teams playing bowls, only two are underdogs....Aubie and us?

I mean, I can understand Aubie being a dog in the championship game. I still think they will win, but I understand the spread. But for no other SEC team to be rated as a dog other than Carolina is head-scratching to me. Even UGA without Murray is favored.

Does anybody else think this is weird? Honestly, not only am I confused, but I feel a little disrespected too. I hope the team is ticked by it!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: SEC Underdogs

Guys called it a "slap in the face" at a press conference today.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb

Good....they should take some umbrage at it....I'm still trying to figure out how us and Aubie are the only underdogs
Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 400
uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit

Its simple they're strength is our weakness. They plan on pounding the middle not the edge. Also the game was a pick for a long time and then Byrd went out and it went to 2 or 2 1/2. It is currently at 1 1/2 on the site I use. We honestly would have matched up better with any other Big 10 team. That being said I expect us to win.

This space has been censored
uscnoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Another double digit bowl victory will shut the critics up for a few months. As far as their strength being our weakness, if giving up only 145 yds rushing per game in the Sec is a weakness, I hope we are weak for 4 qtrs!!! Bring it, Wiscy, cause you know the Cocks will!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

We are the 2nd ranked rush defense in the conference.

I wouldn't exactly call that a weakness.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

We beat Wisconsin by no less than 10 points. Don't see them stopping us, I think we score virtually every time we have the ball.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
BigAppleBucky
Walk On

Male

BigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spurs

It makes no sense to me at all except that the so-called "sharpies" in Las Vegas have been laying money on Wisconsin.

By my estimate, South Carolina should be a double digit to three score favorite.

66% of 17,000 users on Yahoo Sports picked USC, nearly every media expert has picked USC, and ESPN's online pick 'em also heavily favors USC.

From what I've read, the general betting public's money is 2 to 1 down on South Carolina, but total money is near even. Go figure.
BigAppleBucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Guys called it a "slap in the face" at a press conference today.
Guess we got a choice to make: Roll over, play dead & go bay at the moon OR give Wiscy a good KITA.

Don't care to play like Dabo's guys so I vote for the KITA.

Hey, RP, been your 12th man this yr, but you haven't really needed me that much so I'm gonna be a floater just for this game. Pls tell the guys I'm fresh, got good hands & a big heart, & I'm ready to help 'em kick some ass so any of 'em can lean on me & take whatever they need. Tks, man, for everything.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Underdogs? I like it! Just win!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #11
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 400
uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Another double digit bowl victory will shut the critics up for a few months. As far as their strength being our weakness, if giving up only 145 yds rushing per game in the Sec is a weakness, I hope we are weak for 4 qtrs!!! Bring it, Wiscy, cause you know the Cocks will!
2 quarters down.

This space has been censored
uscnoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #12
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Wisky probably already has 145 yards rushing.