CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
ccured
The Yancey
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
The #AskEmmert Q& (616)
Stadium Ratings-Site (508)
Peach Bowl name retu (308)
Construction of Worl (307)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (302)
Save Electricity By (264)
HELP calculating acr (227)
NBA Wants to Up Age (194)
How Experienced In P (152)
Salut Salon "We (85)
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Sweet Corn!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Jameis Winston's Accuser
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Kelcy and Vic questioned
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #41
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney Signs w/ Bus Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I'n not acting like he made a terrible decision, it's Clowney's life.

And no it doesn't say much, just says Clowney went where he was "recruited" to go.
Let me get this straight. You're saying this:

1. Jay-Z is a very powerful man.

Quote:
You do realize what Roc Nation is right? You do realize the connects Jay has right? He's a very powerful man.
2. Jay-Z is trying to protect athletes by luring them away from the powerful agencies that are only in it to make a profit.

Quote:
They know Jay is out to help these athletes who've been robed for years from agents. They know that if they allow Jay in, their jobs are in jeopardy.

3. Jay-Z, who is out there to protect these athletes, who met with Clowney, who had his chance to explain what he was about, was out recruited by James "Bus" Cook?

Quote:
And no it doesn't say much, just says Clowney went where he was "recruited" to go.
So...this oh-so-powerful man (Jay-Z) with the plan to protect athletes by giving them an agency option that's not out there to steal money (every other agency) was just out-recruited by a company that doesn't care about Clowney and is going to rob him?

Quote:
They know Jay is out to help these athletes who've been robed for years from agents.

Okay, make's a ton of sense now.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #42
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I haven't been living under a ROC, I know all about what you're talking about. You're missing the entire point of what I'm telling you.

Other agents don't want Jay Z in the business because they know how smart and powerful of a business man he is. They know Jay is out to help these athletes who've been robed for years from agents. They know that if they allow Jay in, their jobs are in jeopardy. Look what he's accomplished in his lifetime. You do realize what Roc Nation is right? You do realize the connects Jay has right? He's a very powerful man.
Jay Z is in the Jay Z business. The only person he is looking to help is himself. Is he offering lowered commissions? Matching investments or offering an independent financial advisor? Nope. He's offering the same thing as every other agent with the exception of the ability to use his name to get to a generation who obsesses over brand and name value.

It's no different than his desire to help the "occupy Wall Street" group.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #43
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Clowney Signs w/ Bus Cook

You're such a tool. You dissect any and everything just to get into a pissing match. You're worse than my ex and she's bi polar!

Yes Jay is a powerful man, so much so he gets White House clearance and talks to our President on the phone regularly. In fact some business schools have classes solely on Jay Z. Don't try and discredit the man. Clowney decided to go in a different direction, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Jay not being able to represent him properly. Maybe a personal preference. At the end of the day, what does it even matter? Is it worth arguing over? NO! Which is why I'm blocking you, nobody can post their opinion or even facts on here anymore without you patronizing them.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #44
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Which is why I'm blocking you, nobody can post their opinion or even facts on here anymore without you patronizing them.

You going to block everyone that disputes your opinion with facts? You said everything, I just put the pieces together.

And to talk about bi-polar. This is coming from the person who randomly attacked me in a thread early this week. Then went on to continually attack me in private messages, to randomly stop attacking me in private messages to wish me a Merry Christmas and tell me you're just kidding. Then to rep me on a post, then to block me....Hm. I'm the bi-polar one though.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #45
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but Bus Cook's agency is trying to bolster its client base so they can sell it to another firm. Not sure what all this means for the future for Clowney and Bus, but that is what I read online.

I am glad he didn't sign with Jay-Z because Jay-Z does not know an expert amount about sports and athletes. If I were a pro athlete, I would sign with somebody who has plenty of experience with my field, and not Jay-Z.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #46
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
You going to block everyone that disputes your opinion with facts? You said everything, I just put the pieces together.

No, You gave opinions of why Bus was a better choice than Sean Carter. All you want to do is argue people down, that's why I'm blocking you.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #47
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
No, You gave opinions of why Bus was a better choice than Sean Carter. All you want to do is argue people down, that's why I'm blocking you.
You've had weeks to do it. You said you were going to do it last week. Will you fulfill this want already?

1. USER CP
2. Edit Ignore List
3. Type "CarolinaGnB521"
4. Add.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #48
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but Bus Cook's agency is trying to bolster its client base so they can sell it to another firm. Not sure what all this means for the future for Clowney and Bus, but that is what I read online.

I am glad he didn't sign with Jay-Z because Jay-Z does not know an expert amount about sports and athletes. If I were a pro athlete, I would sign with somebody who has plenty of experience with my field, and not Jay-Z.
Do some research first people...please!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #49
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
And to talk about bi-polar. This is coming from the person who randomly attacked me in a thread early this week. Then went on to continually attack me in private messages, to randomly stop attacking me in private messages to wish me a Merry Christmas and tell me you're just kidding. Then to rep me on a post, then to block me....Hm. I'm the bi-polar one though.
I didn't say you were Bi-Polar, I said you were worse than my ex who is bi-polar. I didn't attack you either, I just told you I was tired of you arguing with EVERYBODY about EVERYTHING. & yes I did send you a PM, I decided to apologize to you only because I knew that was the only way to stop the argument. It really took a toll on me having to arguing with someone with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I'm done with it for good now, enjoy bickering with someone else.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #50
rjmims6017
Learn to swim.

Male

CockyCash: 100812
rjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Do some research first people...please!
After reading through this thread I find your repeated attempts to defend Jay-Z very odd.....
Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #51
VikingGamecock
Walk On

Male

VikingGamecock has hatched from the shell

Should have went to The ROC!!!

Guess he didn't see what Jay did for Cano.
VikingGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #52
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmims6017 View Post
After reading through this thread I find your repeated attempts to defend Jay-Z very odd.....

With the profile pic you have, I think you should too.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #53
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Well, Vic Hamton seems to be signing with Jay Z.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #54
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
He will make way more in sponsorship deals. The new rookie pay scale keeps those first contracts on the light side
I thought the new pay scale was just for base salary?

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #55
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

I thought the same...???
Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #56
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

There is a freeze on signing bonuses for draft picks because the growth in minimum salary outpaces the growth of the cap. The same thing also occurred last year.

The signing bonus is a lot like "Slot price" for MLB draft picks. The days of 25 Mill signing bonuses are over.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #57
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Remember when people said Jay Z was the reason Clowney wasn't having the year everyone expected?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #58
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The more interesting battle will be between Nike and Under Armour to get that apparel deal.
Actually I'm interested to see whether GEICO or Allstate gets the auto insurance safe driver discount deal.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:31 AM   #59
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

I think its pretty laughable if you honestly believe that jay-z gives two shits about any of his clients. He is only interested in making boat loads of money. He is doing exactly what you are defending him for. He is using his name to attract clients and take their money. Great choice by Clowney.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #60
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Ok so Jay Z is stealing money but all the other agents aren't? GTFOH!