CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
b381l
ertman420
robgusc76
usc1
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-04-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Record to be proud of this year.

We played 7 bowl teams. All but one won their bowl so far (Georgia lost). We beat 3 BCS bowl winning teams. Shouldn't we be top 5?
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
spurman14
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Record to be proud of this year.

I've seen this in another thread, I don't get the concept that we beat 3 bcs winners..since when was the cotton bowl a bcs bowl? Just askin not tryin to be a dick lol.

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
spurman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 AM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurman14 View Post
I've seen this in another thread, I don't get the concept that we beat 3 bcs winners..since when was the cotton bowl a bcs bowl? Just askin not tryin to be a dick lol.
Because it is labeled as that. We deserve more respect. I understand us as fans are not ready to handle that, so we defer the question and never answer. But we deserve a lot more than we were handed this season. That is ok, we will get it this year.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
But we deserve a lot more than we were handed this season.
No, not after the UT debacle.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #5
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCNowAndForever View Post
No, not after the UT debacle.
Ok. I hope your trolling.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
spurman14
4-Star

Male

spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Because it is labeled as that. We deserve more respect. I understand us as fans are not ready to handle that, so we defer the question and never answer. But we deserve a lot more than we were handed this season. That is ok, we will get it this year.
Really? I've just always seen it as THE primer second tier bowl, albiet a great bowl, it's not a bcs bowl. But that's all a technicality anyway, because all three of those teams did in fact lose to THE university of SOUTH CAROLINA. Future is bright, GO COCKS.

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
Old 01-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #7
carolina_corpsman
4-Star

Male

carolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Really? I've just always seen it as THE primer second tier bowl, albiet a great bowl, it's not a bcs bowl. But that's all a technicality anyway, because all three of those teams did in fact lose to THE university of SOUTH CAROLINA. Future is bright, GO COCKS.

Nice quote on your profile.. But... I got one better

"Navy Corpsman... Because Marines need heros too!"
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #8
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Well in a way let me ask you this. Who could have beat Ohio State. A South Carolina Gamecocks team with Conner Shaw and Clowney at the helm, or a Clemson team with Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins?

It is easy now because we saw Clemson win, but who would have owned. Be Honest.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #9
spurman14
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Nice quote on your profile.. But... I got one better

"Navy Corpsman... Because Marines need heros too!"
Oh god, my night was already ruined because of this game, now I'm just gonna be sick. Lol just kidding brother. HOORAH.

/endhighjack

- Semper Fi
Old 01-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #10
carolina_corpsman
4-Star

Male

carolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervouscarolina_corpsman is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Oh god, my night was already ruined because of this game, now I'm just gonna be sick. Lol just kidding brother. HOORAH.

/endhighjack

HOORAH KILLER!
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #11
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

The Cotton Bowl is not considered a BCS bowl. I don't know who told any of you that lie.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 AM   #12
spurman14
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Well in a way let me ask you this. Who could have beat Ohio State. A South Carolina Gamecocks team with Conner Shaw and Clowney at the helm, or a Clemson team with Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins?

It is easy now because we saw Clemson win, but who would have owned. Be Honest.
Oh no argument with that. Honestly, I believe my 14 yr old sister could've picked that OSU secondary apart. But you are right, we deserved more than what we were handed. But, if we just put away tenn, we wouldn't have to say that. But nevertheless we played the hand that we were dealt and we beat the tar out of the badgers, GO COCKS!

- Semper Fi
Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #13
spurman14
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
The Cotton Bowl is not considered a BCS bowl. I don't know who told any of you that lie.
Exactly what I was thinking, lol, felt like I was left out of some memo somewhere.

- Semper Fi
Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 AM   #14
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Correct. Cotton isn't BCS. I thought there were 5 BCS and forgot the Championship Bowl kicked Cotton down a notch. We only beat 2 BCS winners. It'll be interesting to see the final rankings of our opponents this year.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:31 AM   #15
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

for clarification, this is the SEC bowl rankings in order:
1) BCS (or National Championship, then BCS)
2) Capital One
3a&b) Cotton (usually West) - Outback (usually East)
5) Chick-fil-a
then all the minor bowls....

The Capital One bowl is the top non-BCS bowl, maybe not historically, but right now, in terms of picking order and money, it's the top... in no way is the Cotton Bowl a BCS bowl.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

If UCF breaks the Top 10, then our guys beat 3 Top 10 teams in 2013.

Of course, some of the manic depressed will remind us that we lost to UTen which ruined our seasonn and USC should stop playing football forever as penance for allowing such a debacle to be heaped upon the Gamecock Nation.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #17
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
If UCF breaks the Top 10, then our guys beat 3 Top 10 teams in 2013.

Of course, some of the manic depressed will remind us that we lost to UTen which ruined our seasonn and USC should stop playing football forever as penance for allowing such a debacle to be heaped upon the Gamecock Nation.

An impressive feat. I wonder how many times something like that has been done. I'm sure it's happened quite a few times, right?

Sent from iPhone, please excuse minor grammatical errors.