CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
markp_vip
l^l^lBGCock
ChickenButt
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
ScottK
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
Vote For Cocky
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!

Old 12-30-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Benefit of using a travel agent?

I am looking to book a vacation at an all-inclusive for this summer. What is the benefit of going through a travel agent rather than booking directly through the resort?
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Benefit of using a travel agent?

I have one experience using a travel agent, so this may be completely off. However, I found it to be a good bit cheaper to go through the travel agent than to try and book it myself.

Sorry I can't provide more information....I have very limited experience with travel agents.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Travel agents usually know about discounts, special offers, bundling flights, etc. If you are doing an all-inclusive, they may be able to get you things like resort credits that you can use towards excursions.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Another perk was how simple the process was. They booked the flight, hotel, everything. All we had to do was tell her where we wanted to go and when. She took care of the rest.

Extremely convenient.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Thanks for the input. Any recommendations for one around the Lexington area?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

How do you know the travel agent is getting you the best deals if you let them do all the work for you? Also, what does the agent get out of it?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
How do you know the travel agent is getting you the best deals if you let them do all the work for you? Also, what does the agent get out of it?
You should also do a little research of the area so you do know that you're getting a good deal (maybe not the best). As some said above, agents can get perks that you can't. The agent usually gets some kind of kickbacks from the hotels/restaurants/etc that they are sending you to. Some agents do charge fees. I've only used an agent once and she said she would only charge us a fee if we wanted to do a lot of changes to the itinerary she set for us. Always look over the itinerary and check out the places before you agree on it (we didn't and only found out later that she put us in the nicest/most expensive place on the island). I have found that agents are only necessary if you do not have the time to do your own research or just don't feel like doing it. If it were me, I would not use an agent for an all-inclusive resort unless you are wanting to do a lot of excursions not provided by the resort (this is just my opinion). If you could find a good agent, then the benefits may be worth it.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I can't say I've ever used a travel agent or even planned a trip, but if I were you I would do some research to see what you can work up on your own and then call a travel agent and ask about what they can offer you, then decide if it's worth it from there.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Thanks for all the input. I've been trying to do some research on my own. I am still trying to decide if I want to go back to the Moon Palace in Cancun since they've done a ton of upgrades since our honeymoon 10 years ago or try a Couples brand resort in Jamaica for the first time. The main I problem I'm having is with the flights. All these travel sites have so many different prices from each other and since I haven't flown much I don't really know what airlines to avoid.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:06 AM   #10
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Here you go.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4891789_wh...vel-agent.html

http://www.travelsense.org/tips/whyuseanagent.cfm

http://www.travelcafeinc.com/wp-cont...avel-Agent.pdf