CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Aggie96
Master Bedroom
spareparts
johnnyb
The Yancey
SuperCockMaster
Handsome_Dabo
thekob
CoverTwo
I have not bought in (1707)
Article on Shaw & (1395)
SEC East QB's Ranked (1168)
and the #1 2014 acc (1156)
I'm thinking we're g (957)
The bane of our seas (824)
As things currently (725)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (471)
Ward wants us to pla (398)
Come and get your Jo (320)
As things currently stand
OBC banner being added to
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
2014-15 Premier League se
Ward wants us to play fas
If you don't think our co
The bane of our season
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Really excited to visit t

Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #21
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Melvin Ingram

Man what a fine Gamecock he was....always well spoken and just a great guy. Still miss him...
Those 2 TDs v. UGA in '11 will always be epic!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Int and back from a knee injury.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #23
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 538
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone15 View Post
I just realized Melvin is playing linebacker. I don't keep up with the Chargers, has he played LB the whole time in the NFL?

He was lining up all over the place. I saw him at LB and at left DE and right DE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #24
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I just realized Melvin is playing linebacker. I don't keep up with the Chargers, has he played LB the whole time in the NFL?
He is a 3-4 OLB
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #25
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I watched most of the game and Melvin was a force. He had a sack early in the game and a couple of pressures and a big int.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #26
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Great game .
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #27
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I didn't realize he was back in pads! Dang, I missed it!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #28
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

I heard the Commentators say the Chargers Defense looked a lot better with Melvin Ingram on the field.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #29
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
He was lining up all over the place. I saw him at LB and at left DE and right DE.
That's the best way to play him....let him expoit and find his seam.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #30
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
s

Don't know, but we all know that is his most natural position.

He reminds me of Lawrence Taylor in the standup position.

MI6, we love you, man!

Keep lighting things up!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 AM   #31
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
yes, in the Chargers scheme especially it favors him as a LB
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #32
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
yes, in the Chargers scheme especially it favors him as a LB
And with his athleticism, he'll thrive for years at that spot barring another injury. He looks fresh and with more and more reps and PT, he could become one of the best in the NFL. Still has some room to improve learning the position and that is scary.