CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
Storm Of Spurs
catdaddy66
talkincock
doubledribble
gamecockgal
For Discussing The C (2954)
Drew Owens missing? (2385)
Question about after (2056)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1307)
Shaq Roland (1246)
clemson game time: N (735)
FishFry 47-yarder (724)
How about this scena (570)
Clemson fan here (456)
Tenn-Mizzou game (442)
Question about after the
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Fly_over tomorrow?
Big George Statue
For Discussing The Clemso
How about this scenario
Winston
Predict nonconference win
Dylan Thompson surpasses
what I think ab ward

Old 01-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Samsung TV/ Iphone Compatibility

I just got a new Samsung Smart TV. I was told there was a way to connect my Iphone/Ipad to it (wireless) so that I can view pictures and videos from my phone on the tv. I haven't been able to find much help on the subject by doing random searches and the Smartview app isnt what I was looking for as it appears to just be a remote on the phone. Anybody had any experience with this. I am somewhat tech savvy but some of the newer stuff has passed me by. Thanks
Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default Re: Samsung TV/ Iphone Compatibility

There are a few apps like Samsung TV Media Server, but I haven't tried it, and the one comment for the app complained that it doesn't work, so I don't think I'd pay the $2.99 for that.

Edit: Just did a search on my iPhone, and there's an app called ArkMC DLNA UPnP media streaming server and video player. That might do what you're trying to do.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arkm...405487397?mt=8

Last edited by RockRocks787; 01-01-2014 at 12:59 PM.
RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

thanks
Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Get a Chromecast: http://www.imore.com/if-youre-gettin...-you-need-know

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

I got the app it's cool

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Smart view is 1
View photos on tv is the other

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons

which series? I sell tv's part time while going to school lol
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
which series? I sell tv's part time while going to school lol
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #9
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

Okay so I've looked at all the free or lite media servers and they suck. Any suggestions on which one to fork the $5 to $10 for?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I still think you come out best with Chromecast.

Order Of The Spur
Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I still think you come out best with Chromecast.
What is the use of having the Smart Tv if I have to buy Chromecast/Appletv/Roku/ etc?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
What is the use of having the Smart Tv if I have to buy Chromecast/Appletv/Roku/ etc?
You get far more apps and control. My TV has apps too but Chrome makes it better.

Order Of The Spur
Old 01-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I am interested in what app does this...I have samsung tv and I use my iPad to navigate the apps but I would love to be able to stream photos onto tv

My tv is like the 8000 series or something if anyone has any advice
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #14
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post

ease of use mostly. Roku especially has tons of apps. Chromecast is ok but not great. Smart TVs will work without these things but it helps since most are still a bit "kluge". I have a Samsung Smart TV and a couple Vizio's.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote