CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Latt7more
B-G
ReadR00ster
CoverTwo
b381l
Why is everyone anti (1575)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (962)
How did we not make (856)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (820)
Miss St. defense (745)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (628)
Flopping is reaching (377)
Roll call for Auburn (286)
Lattimore to play after S
SOS says his next stop is
Our Road Upset Wins
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
Busta out indefinitely.
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
Recipe for success
Roll call for Auburn

Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Battlefield 4

Just 4 more days.

Using Cack's comprehensive iCocky guide that was posted in the CoD thread I was able to create this thread for Battlefield 4. Here are some nice vids of a couple of maps and the technology used in BF4. This is where I think it separates itself from the rest. I have preordered both, but not sure if I will get much CoD in at release.

Also they have a commander mode where you can play using your tablet or phone.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Battlefield 4

Wooooot
Old 10-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Always bought cod but I'm excited to get this!
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

can't wait to get my Xbox one and this game. going to hopefully pick up a new 50" tv this week to play it on
Old 10-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

2 days!

Preload on PC has started for the ones that pre-ordered.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Any of the CYTK clan guys going to get this one? I'm thinking about it since they have a $10 kickback via amazon and the Beta was good, I thought.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I just hope the Beta is no indication of how that game plays. I wasn't feeling the beta at all.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Got my sons on order. He as aggrevated the hound out of me about this game.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I just hope the Beta is no indication of how that game plays. I wasn't feeling the beta at all.
I was the exact opposite. I was addicted to the Beta and didn't want it to end.

Now I will admit that it seemed slightly more sluggish when I first entered the Beta. But that is because I still play COD to this very day and the running and shooting in COD is hyper-realistic, almost superman like. So then when I went over to BF4, they try to make it more sim-like, such as running sluggishly (in BF4 you actually have to gain speed instead of full speed right of the bat), can't aim well if tired, Bulletdrop (COD has no bulletdrop), and hit power vs. distance. In COD I can run around and own people with the "Peacekeeper" SMG on any map, in BF4 that is not possible. So once I realized those differences it was actually well equaled out and fun.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Looking forward to it, and what happens, Xbox 360 red ring of death.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Release is tomorrow and I'm still at 80% download. Started it 2 days ago. 25gig at a hotel takes forever lol.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

For those of you with a pc add me on Origin my ID is jonpdukes
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
usc_thereal
Recruit

Male

usc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming in

Does anyone know much about the campaign? Specifically, how long or short it is. I rarely if ever play online with all of my first person shooter games. So I hate it when I get one and the campaign takes about 4 hours to beat (a la Black Ops a few years ago).
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Any of the CYTK clan guys going to get this one? I'm thinking about it since they have a $10 kickback via amazon and the Beta was good, I thought.

Sorry, traitors can't steal our clan tag.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Sorry, traitors can't steal our clan tag.
Lol, I know you aint talking about your COD tag over here on this thread.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #16
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

my gamer tag is ClowneyComin if any of y'all want someone to play with
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Been playing this non-stop (after work of course). Really like it. Definitely an improvement over BF3 which I though would be impossible. They make every class useful so there is no dominant class. The maps actually allow snipers to snipe unlike other games that just create close combat maps with quick scope snipers. And you can actually blend in to the surroundings and can only be seen by your scope glare when aiming at someone, in BO2 the graphics always made you stand out like a sore thumb no matter how far away you were. Support, Assault, and Engineer all play important roles during the fighting. The graphics are amazing and the 64 man matches are very smooth with no lag (server dependent). The upgrade system is very nice. The only thing I wish we could do is access our loadouts during server map changes.

The very nice thing about this game is that you cant run around with an SMG and expect to kill everyone. To me that was a major problem with CoD BO2. No matter what map, you could make every shot with an SMG which had very little recoil and you could headshot across the map. In BF4 the PDWs just spray all over the place at long ranges, but are deadly up close and vice versa for the rifles. So since the maps are huge this gives every weapon a purpose and a chance to be useful which is what I like.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #18
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Lol, I know you aint talking about your COD tag over here on this thread.

You know it ... thread hijacking baby

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #19
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
You know it ... thread hijacking baby
Lol...where's a mod at?

Old 11-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I wish I had time to play anymore :/

I played BF2 on PC with my best friend and we would grind the hell out of that game and it was a ton of fun.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote