CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
b381l
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
The Demise of the 3-4
Finally Cooled Off
Uniform thread
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 01-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons
Default Advice on Outer Banks

Im planning a vacation this summer to the outer banks. I was needing some advice on the best areas to stay in. Thanks for any help you guys and gals and give me.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: Advice on Outer Banks

I enjoy Emerald Isle. When I feel I need a break, I drive down there and spend a day relaxing, so I don't know about staying, but it has good places for entertainment and food.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Can't speak for it myself, but my sister and her family went to Duck a couple of years ago and enjoyed that. She said the beach was pretty good and it's not too far from Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hills, so there's other stuff besides the beach.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I have lived on the Outer Banks for over twenty years...Kitty Hawk...work as a Realtor and my wife is the Queen of all things tourism related. I can hook you up directly with anyone you may need along the way.

I'm absolutely willing to help with where to stay, who to rent from, where to eat, what to see, do, who to fish with, surf, kite board, chill, drink, live music, etc.

How big of a group are you coming with and do you have kids?

Last edited by LBC; 01-14-2014 at 01:28 PM.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

years ago, my ex and i stayed in kill devil hills. it was a nice area back then. then, there were more locals than tourists. island hopping by ferry is an absolute must. have fun
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

have stayed in Duck and Corolla for a summer vaca spot for the last 10-12 years. Both spots are nice. The extra miles though to Corolla take a toll if you come in/leave at the wrong times...
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have lived on the Outer Banks for over twenty years...Kitty Hawk...work as a Realtor and my wife is the Queen of all things tourism related. I can hook you up directly with anyone you may need along the way.

I'm absolutely willing to help with where to stay, who to rent from, where to eat, what to see, do, who to fish with, surf, kite board, chill, drink, live music, etc.

How big of a group are you coming with and do you have kids?
/thread
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

We're usually fishing, so renting a condo at Pirates Cove is really nice. It's in Manteo, at the bridge that goes across to Outer Banks. Off season rates are cheap, and the condo's are really nice. Restaurants, tourist spots, lighthouses (recommend you see them all and climb to the top) are nearby.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

General info but...again...let me know what you are looking for and I can help.

http://www.outerbanks.org/
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #10
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Kill Devil Hills is nice
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #11
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

We stayed at Nags Head, it seems to have more condos if you're going with a group of friends or family. You'll have a great time wherever you stay.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

When I saw the title, I was going to post "ask LBC". I see that he already replied. I would trust that guy when it comes to the outer banks

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #13
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

Thanks for info. I sent LBC a message and he is hooking me up.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

So can someone school me on the Outer Banks? How is it different than say any of the beaches in SC? I know it's like a string of barrier islands, but what makes it such a popular tourist destination other than it provides beaches? Serious question.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuroftheMoment View Post
So can someone school me on the Outer Banks? How is it different than say any of the beaches in SC? I know it's like a string of barrier islands, but what makes it such a popular tourist destination other than it provides beaches? Serious question.
They're just better! lol
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
They're just better! lol

Sure.

I guess I'm confused as to why I would make the trek from Lexington, SC to Outer Banks when any of the beaches in SC are a 4 hour difference in drive time. I mean if I'm driving 7+ hours to a beach it sure as hell won't be to North Carolina.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #17
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuroftheMoment View Post
Sure.

I guess I'm confused as to why I would make the trek from Lexington, SC to Outer Banks when any of the beaches in SC are a 4 hour difference in drive time. I mean if I'm driving 7+ hours to a beach it sure as hell won't be to North Carolina.
The honest answer is that they are, in fact, better. Several are on the top 10 beaches of the US lists.