CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
peterlemon
Dizzy01
Kyle76
ccured
GarnetBlack&Blue
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
The Yancey
Mike Davis "dou (2222)
The Demise of the 3- (1649)
Gamecocks D staff re (1414)
Past SEC Champions w (1052)
Pirate Depth Chart (1031)
who thinks we need a (960)
East Carolina Predic (790)
Why didn't Wes Green (740)
Reginald Bowens (720)
Did we ever go after (377)
Tanner McEvoy should've s
What would be your defini
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecock football Long Te
Pirate Depth Chart
louisville
East Carolina Prediction
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
Did we ever go after Kenn

Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
clemsux614
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb
Default Sammy Watkins and Bryant declaring

http://college-football.si.com/2014/...ant-nfl-draft/

Also hearing Beasley and Breeland are going but cant find anything official yet.
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sammy Watkins and Bryant declaring

Watkins was a no-brainer, but Bryant should have stuck around for another year. He's got butterfinger and mental slump problems he needs to work out.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Watkins was a no-brainer, but Bryant should have stuck around for another year. He's got butterfinger and mental slump problems he needs to work out.
Often I think fans of the team shouldn't weigh in on a player leaving early if that player isn't a no-brainer (like Watkins for you guys and Clowney for us) because I think we, as fans, are too emotionally attached to the team and usually end up being negative about that player. That said, even as an outsider I agree with you about Bryant. I admit I don't watch much CU football, but Bryant hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's ready for the NFL in any way but physically. He has struggled in college overall, and in a system that is very WR-friendly, so why is he making the jump now?
Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Often I think fans of the team shouldn't weigh in on a player leaving early if that player isn't a no-brainer (like Watkins for you guys and Clowney for us) because I think we, as fans, are too emotionally attached to the team and usually end up being negative about that player. That said, even as an outsider I agree with you about Bryant. I admit I don't watch much CU football, but Bryant hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's ready for the NFL in any way but physically. He has struggled in college overall, and in a system that is very WR-friendly, so why is he making the jump now?
Good measurable, he will be drafted higher than you think he should.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

No surprise here.

Know Bryant through sources from Hanna...has zero interest in being in school. IF he could've gone straight to the pros out of HS, he would have.

He has filled his minimum to going to school...no shocker.

Beasley leaving won't shock me...will be a good 3-4 LB prospect in the NFL, and he needs strike after a good season...Brealand would be a surprise to me.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Also rumors Stephone Anthony and Corey Crawford may also go....

If that is true, and clemson had all this pro talent on the team, is it a failure they didn't not make a national title and got beat by one "inferior team" in South Carolina.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

More and more kids are leaving early these days. Watkins is a no brainer though.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I do believe the Tigers are gonna be in worse shape than us next year.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post

You are correct but you may be better without that nickel-head on your team. Find out what Mike Williams really has.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Bryant drops more balls than just about anyone I've seen
Old 01-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #12
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
No surprise here.

Know Bryant through sources from Hanna...has zero interest in being in school. IF he could've gone straight to the pros out of HS, he would have.
Yep, my Clemson fan neighbor told me last year Bryant would eventually fail out of school so it probably makes sense he's declaring.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #13
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Bryant almost had a breakout year
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Bryant almost had a breakout year
But he dropped it
Old 01-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I agree. He is a physical specimen and could be legit weapon in the league.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
I'm not arguing the measurables he possesses. In fact, that's what I meant when I said he's ready physically. But it's not like the game is going to get easier in the NFL, so why would he go early since he has struggled in college, especially given the system he has been in? I mean he COULD have been a legitimate weapon at CU, but he hasn't, really.

Last edited by kingoftheroost; 01-06-2014 at 01:23 AM.
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #17
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

And breeland sucks, I don't see why he's go early
Old 01-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #18
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
You are correct but you may be better without that nickel-head on your team. Find out what Mike Williams really has.
Mike has very good potential, we'll see how it pans out next season. Plus it'll be VERY nice having Charone Peake back from his injury. He's a very good receiver, just hasn't had the chance to show off yet between limited PT and a season-ending injury.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #19
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
Are we talking about the same Martavis Bryant that plays for clemson. He is 6'5" and only 200 lbs. I've never seen him be physical (granted, I didn't watch tons of clemson football this year). I saw him out-jump DBs. One good hit over the middle from an NFL LB and he may break in half.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
USC65
Walk On

Male

USC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his claws

Three and go doesn't bother me at all. I remember when freshmen were not allowed to play varsity ball, which in essence limited a player to 3 years of varsity play. The freshman rule was stupid, but if a player has the talent to be drafted early, he should take it and run. He can always come back and get his degree.
USC65 is offline   Reply With Quote