CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
75CarolinaFan
b381l
Aggie96
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
uscjeremynca
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
Sidney Rice Retiring (1245)
Dan Patrick Show - P (578)
ESPN Insider (499)
Pictures of older Co (411)
SOS Dominating SEC M (249)
Bonefish Grill (242)
Places to eat in Con (241)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (191)
This Song is the F'i (179)
What Are The Most Im (161)
Predict Clemson 2014
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Georgia Defensive returni
Jake Coker
Green and Lammons
Another A&M aggie off
Texags

Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly
Default First team from South Carolina to finish in the top 5 in the BCS era?

Well since we're keeping track of the "firsts" from the state LOL!
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: First team from South Carolina to finish in the top 5 in the BCS era?

Ha-Ha, take that Deebo! Jeez, that guy makes an ass out of himself every time he opens his mouth.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Clemsux182
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
Clemsux182 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: First team from South Carolina to finish in the top 5 in the BCS era?

First AND the last. Goodbye BCS, hello playoffs!
Clemsux182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

say all they want about winning a BCS game, it doesn't matter since they didn't finish ahead of us...or even in the top 5
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Ha-Ha, take that Deebo! Jeez, that guy makes an ass out of himself every time he opens his mouth.
He doesn't have to open his mouth to do that.
doc
Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Once again the man's mouth wrote a check his team could not cash!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Just curious, are we the first team from South Carolina to finish in the Top 10 for three consecutive years regardless of era?
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
CockyandProud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2450
CockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
say all they want about winning a BCS game, it doesn't matter since they didn't finish ahead of us...or even in the top 5

I've been asking Clemson friends what the big deal about a BCS bowl is. If you don't make the championship game, it's just another bowl with a fancy tag, and some more money. The term "BCS bowl" means absolutely nothing.
CockyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #10
woodscock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
woodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPit

Last time I checked, they were the first team from this state to allow 70 in a BCS game too. Just sayin.
woodscock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #11
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
Just curious, are we the first team from South Carolina to finish in the Top 10 for three consecutive years regardless of era?

Yes.

Taters came close in 81,82,83 when they were ranked 1, 6 and 11th.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #12
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

How many states have had 2 in the top 10 during the BCS era? I will guess Florida, Alabama, Ohio, and Texas. Any others?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #13
The Flash
Walk On

Male

The Flash is learning to peckThe Flash is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodscock View Post
Last time I checked, they were the first team from this state to allow 70 in a BCS game too. Just sayin.
Now that is the Zinger that Spurrier should have said. Well done.
The Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #14
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I need this for my tater friends.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #15
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
How many states have had 2 in the top 10 during the BCS era? I will guess Florida, Alabama, Ohio, and Texas. Any others?

California
Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #16
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Ohio???? Let's see they have OSU, Bowling Green, Akron, Cincinnati, Toledo, Ohio U, Miami (of Ohio), am I missing any other possible BCS schools??
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #17
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
As I've seen other places: It says a lot about South Carolina that we had a BCS winner and they weren't the best team in the state.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #18
USC65
Walk On

Male

USC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his clawsUSC65 is sharpening his claws

How bout Michigan with Michigan and Michigan State
USC65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #19
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Ohio???? Let's see they have OSU, Bowling Green, Akron, Cincinnati, Toledo, Ohio U, Miami (of Ohio), am I missing any other possible BCS schools??
I was surprised too, as both Cinci and Miami (O) made the top 10 once each in the last 1O years.