CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
b381l
Order 66
Ahmad
wumarshall82
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
400 pasing yards
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit

Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #21
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Mitch, next big thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Well, that was an attempt at sarcasm on my part. Any type of All-American award is impressive.
Connor Mitch ranks all time in stats broken in the State of North Carolina, but I am also pretty sure that Nosovitch broke some of Dan Marino's old records as well. It will be great to watch these two go at it. Something tells me.. Mitch is poised to break some records here. Just look at his Senior Season,, made Manning's 54 TD record in the NFL look bad lol
Old 01-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #22
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I'm all for it. When Dylan pushed Connor Shaw, Shaw improved. If Mitch and Nosovitch push Thompson, the same thing will likely happen. Bring it.
This is exactly the reason our team has done so well the last few years.....we have depth at every position and the starters know there is someone right there looking over their shoulder.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #23
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I'm curious to how things will play out. Truth be told, I'd be a bit disappointed if NOS doesn't see the field some. I guess it all comes down to Thompson and how SOS feels about him. I do know this. I saw our HBC stick to his guns with Shaw, and NO body can argue with those results. Do I want to see Mitch at helm? Only if he is the man, and this coming year, I think that could be a tall mountain to climb. If NOS is not the player I think, then Mitch may sniff more than just few snaps. We'll see........
I have a question for you and the others that think Noso should start....what have you seen or heard about him that makes you think he will start. I'm not criticizing, I'm just aasking.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Well, that was an attempt at sarcasm on my part. Any type of All-American award is impressive.
Has anyone seen Jacob Park throw in these all star games......he's ranked #2 in the country I think......that's all I'm going to say.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #25
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Has anyone seen Jacob Park throw in these all star games......he's ranked #2 in the country I think......that's all I'm going to say.
I heard park had a horrible UA all american game. but who knows

I still believe Mitch is one of the better QBs we have ever recruited, throwing wise. Even with Blake Mitchell... I feel Mitch is 5x better
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #26
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I've seen him play.

He has fantastic mechanics, and when he's mastered an offense he's really hard to stop. Has great touch on the ball and throws with velocity when he needs to. Goes through his progressions like a surgeon.

That being said, there's no reason to start him next year. I expect to see him play meaningful snaps with Dylan next year and then take over the starting job after that.

Noso looks great, but I don't know if he'll ever be a starter here.

Connor Mitch is the future.

Promise.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #27
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Ok, you knew it was coming. It is officially the offseason, so we can now speculate about anything and everything, with no facts because we are just speculating.

I have seen a lot of who starts at QB this year, and while I fully believe Dylan will most likely lead our team this year, I want to talk about another QB who plays for us.

Recently he has been overlooked, because the way we run our offense, everyone expects Nosovitch to take the reigns, because his play style resembles Connor Shaw's more than that of Mitch.

When Connor Mitch was recruited in 2012 and signed and eventually enrolled early, everyone was high on this kid. I mean when Steve Spurrier tells you he will coach your entire career if you come play QB for him, your not just an average QB recruit, you must be something special. We all know that the thread pops up every offseason of when will Spurrier call it quits, or who will replace him, but he made it a note to tell this guy from NC that he will be here as long as he plays QB at South Carolina.

Lets look at some stats.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/conn...ball-stats.htm

So apparently over 2 seasons with 2 different Varsity teams he passed for a total of: 8533 yards, 111 TDs with only 9 INTs.. completions were 560 out of 922 pass attempts. Not too shabby.

He was also recruited as one of the top Pocket Passing QBs in the 2013 class. He chose South Carolina over Alabama, Auburn, FSU, Florida, LSU, North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Tennessee and the list goes on and on. That is one heck of a recruiting resume for a QB.

So we got a steal with this guy. He was Redshirted this past season, and now sits at Number 3 I would say on the Depth Chart? Mainly because he has not played a game for us yet, and was in a redshirt year.

Anyways with all that being said, I am high on Connor Mitch. I think having another Connor at the helm next year would be very huge for us. Not just any Connor, because you cannot replace a Connor Shaw. But this kid has showed time and time again he can be a baller.

I look for him to really push for the job of QB in the offseason. Again may the best QB win, but for him I think he really has a shot.
Been following this kid for a long time and he is gonna be something special. I hope Dylan plays bc he deserves it buti can't wait to see this kid sling it in a game

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #28
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I hope it's a close race. That always seems to push the guy up front to bring his A game
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #29
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
With no real replies, and lots of views, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen this kid play. Does anyone know he once threw 9 TD passes in a game lol
Yawn. Maybe a lot of folks posted in the earlier QB thread. Maybe they saw little they wanted to respond to. I saw him play in the spring game. He redshirted. We'll see.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #30
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I have a question for you and the others that think Noso should start....what have you seen or heard about him that makes you think he will start. I'm not criticizing, I'm just aasking.
Kept the ball on two seperate zone read plays and bowled over defenders to get into the endzone this year. Parade All-American that set a ton of QB records in Pennsylvania (Dan Marino and Terrelle Pryor just a couple of the many talented QBs to come out of that state).

Looked good in the spring game and heard a bunch of talk about him during the past two fall camps. Like that he brings a similar skill set that Shaw had so that the zone read can still be run effectively.

I still don't understand why this thread wasn't added onto the other QB discussion thread. Admins slacking
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:57 AM   #31
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Kept the ball on two seperate zone read plays and bowled over defenders to get into the endzone this year. Parade All-American that set a ton of QB records in Pennsylvania (Dan Marino and Terrelle Pryor just a couple of the many talented QBs to come out of that state).

Looked good in the spring game and heard a bunch of talk about him during the past two fall camps. Like that he brings a similar skill set that Shaw had so that the zone read can still be run effectively.

I still don't understand why this thread wasn't added onto the other QB discussion thread. Admins slacking
This thread was about Connor Mitch as a whole.. not just another QB thread. But w/e
Old 01-08-2014, 02:03 AM   #32
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
This thread was about Connor Mitch as a whole.. not just another QB thread. But w/e
Connor Mitch as a whole fits into the description of a QB discussion. He does play QB after all.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #33
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Connor Mitch as a whole fits into the description of a QB discussion. He does play QB after all.
Yep and how many other QBs do you know have a 111 TD ratio to 9 ints. Just asking.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #34
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I think it is Dylan Thompson job to lose and I really think that he is going to step up his game going into his last year. That being said, I am really thankful that we do have some very good talent behind Thompson to play if it is needed. I just think that Dylan is going to have a great year and hopefully the other two guys will get to see the field as we will have big leads in some games. Connor Mitch looks good as does the other kid. I vote for all three of the guys doing well.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:24 AM   #35
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
I think it is Dylan Thompson job to lose and I really think that he is going to step up his game going into his last year. That being said, I am really thankful that we do have some very good talent behind Thompson to play if it is needed. I just think that Dylan is going to have a great year and hopefully the other two guys will get to see the field as we will have big leads in some games. Connor Mitch looks good as does the other kid. I vote for all three of the guys doing well.
I agree.. but one thing I will miss.. is DT and Connor Shaw's lil handshake.. I thought that was pretty awesome as the year went on.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #36
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
With no real replies, and lots of views, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen this kid play. Does anyone know he once threw 9 TD passes in a game lol
Did you really laugh out loud when you wrote that?
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:52 AM   #37
McBrain
Walk On

Male

McBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Yep and how many other QBs do you know have a 111 TD ratio to 9 ints. Just asking.
I'm pretty sure there's a typo in there somewhere. I'm not going to believe for a second that the kid threw 503 passes his senior year with 0 interceptions.

Still, however many picks he threw his senior year 111:xx is a great ratio. Just not keen on believing the stats on maxpreps.com.
McBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 AM   #38
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Did you really laugh out loud when you wrote that?
Yes because that amount of TD passes in a game is ****ing ridiculous. Your point?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:01 AM   #39
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes because that amount of TD passes in a game is ****ing ridiculous. Your point?
I don't have a point, I just asked a simple question. LMAOLOLROFL.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 AM   #40
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I don't have a point, I just asked a simple question. LMAOLOLROFL.
Yeh good for you, did you or Jimmy Kimmel write that.