CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyDevil
sporkgod50
jellafever
USC girl
qcgamecock
SanAntonioCock
CockpetBagger
PanamaJack
gamecockphan
Metalrush24
Tiffany Mitchell's W (876)
Monkeys on the loose (842)
I'm in the Atlanta a (658)
Tiebreaker scenario (524)
Why he will be great (515)
Talent Evaluation (346)
Cookout Follow-Up w/ (235)
***2016 Carolina Panthers
107.5 is terrible
**GAME #2 USC vs. Florida
Talent Evaluation
Khadim Gueye 7-1
Name a Gamecock
Cookout Follow-Up w/ Recr
Tiffany Mitchell's WNBA d
2017 - OrTre Smith
2016 - Mykelle McDaniel

Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Woody7687
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudlyWoody7687 is crowing loudly
Default Chavis

Can someone explain to me how we whiffed on Chavis as DC again? How did we let a proven DC that wanted to come here go elsewhere? I miss those days of scoring 17 points and winning at least then we could depend on the defense. now when the defense comes on I go outside, grab a beer, beat my girlfriend anything to keep from watching this shot show. I am glad we whiffed on Muschamp. Auburn faithful are ready to burn him at the stake.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
AmonRa777
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chavis

Hoke was the man Spurrier wanted...Despite some of the internet rumors, he never seriously considered anyone else....
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
lugoff_gamecock
Banned

Male

lugoff_gamecock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Hoke was the man Spurrier wanted...Despite some of the internet rumors, he never seriously considered anyone else....

Imagine that!!
lugoff_gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Chavis is an idiot. Really wanted that guy at USC?! The man is suing his former employer as well as his current...Yeah sign me up.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
OriginalGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 688
OriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
This is the problem right here. The best college DC in the country WANTED to come here and Spurrier sent him away to hire a f*cking position coach (who was recently fired btw) who has been in the NFL for the past decade?!?!?! That has to be up there with the dumbest personnel decisions in CFB history. Chavis is the mastermind of some of the most impressive defensive squads ever and we get a f*cking position coach from the NFL. Think about that. What a joke!
OriginalGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #6
CockyDevil
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2239
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGamecock View Post
This is the problem right here. The best college DC in the country WANTED to come here and Spurrier sent him away to hire a f*cking position coach (who was recently fired btw) who has been in the NFL for the past decade?!?!?! That has to be up there with the dumbest personnel decisions in CFB history. Chavis is the mastermind of some of the most impressive defensive squads ever and we get a f*cking position coach from the NFL. Think about that. What a joke!
I must have missed in the offseason where Chavis said he wanted the job. Is there a quote somewhere?
Old 09-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
OriginalGamecock
Banned

Male

OriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot materialOriginalGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyDevil View Post
I must have missed in the offseason where Chavis said he wanted the job. Is there a quote somewhere?
http://southcarolina.247sports.com/B...olina-34463306

He's from Dillon, SC too
Old 09-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

man, when things go south here, they go really south
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
OriginalGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
man, when things go south here, they go really south
It would be funny if it weren't so enraging. At least Chavis would have taught them to tackle (notice how few tackles were missed in the TAMU-ASU game). Not saying he'd have them even in the top 50 but definitely way better than the sh*t we are seeing now.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #10
lugoff_gamecock
Banned

Male

lugoff_gamecock has hatched from the shell

He is from Dillion. I went to College in that area and talked to people who knew him. Dude looks like saddam hussein
lugoff_gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #11
JDStud6
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPit

I don't care wtf he looks like. He's probably better than what we have right now. LSU pulls in a ton of talent, which helps him of course, but overall he's done great. I'm sure he has contacts all over to help us pull in some better players as well. I had no idea who John Hoke was until his named started coming up here. He's been out of college ball a long time and was just fired...not exactly a rock star pick up in my opinion. But I can't judge him yet...he needs to be given a year or two to recruit and implement his guys in his system and THEN I will judge. :)

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Chavis is still a VFL.

Biggest error of millions of errors Kiffin made was firing him.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
CockyDevil
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2239
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Quote:
Interesting. Didn't know that.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #14
cocksmith1or11
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Hoke, Chavis, Monty Kiffin, Jesus Christ all wouldn't have a defense worth a crap if the players cant tackle, blow coverage, and have zero pass rush.

Guys have to produce and listen to Hoke. Deke Adams is a complete waste and needs to leave. His guys are all busts so far and the d line has been terrible since he set foot on campus.
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #15
OriginalGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Chavis is still a VFL.

Biggest error of millions of errors Kiffin made was firing him.
Well at least you didn't tell him to kick rocks when he wanted to be your DC..just solidifies my position that Spurrier needs to go. This could have been a program changing hire. I just can't even begin to imagine what he was thinking to choose Hoke over Chavis. Chavis is a defensive genius. If anyone other than Miles was dialing up the offense at LSU, they'd have won more championships than Bama.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #16
SOUTH CAROLINA
Banned

Male

SOUTH CAROLINA has hatched from the shell

Spurrier has been wanting Hoke since he took the job here in 05'

Couldn't get him at the time and the opportunity came available.
SOUTH CAROLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #17
OriginalGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTH CAROLINA View Post
Spurrier has been wanting Hoke since he took the job here in 05'

Couldn't get him at the time and the opportunity came available.
Who gives a f*ck?! You don't turn down the best DC in the country so you can work with your best friend from a decade ago. Just mindblowingly dumb. I bet he chuckles every time he looks at a schedule and sees us on there.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #18
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Who gives a f*ck?! You don't turn down the best DC in the country so you can work with your best friend from a decade ago. Just mindblowingly dumb. I bet he chuckles every time he looks at a schedule and sees us on there.
YOU TELL EM MAN!!!!! HELL YEAH! FOOTBALL WIZARDS!!!! Nevermind we don't know how much Chavis, was asking for, or what he was demanding!!! That stuff doesn't matter! If we gotta promise Chavis a key to the city, then dammit, DO IT! He's from DILLON! I MEAN COME ON!!!!!! WHAT WAS SPURRIER THINKING!!!??!!?!!
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:28 PM   #19
pitchcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29788000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
To be fair, an anonymous source telling a newspaper that Chavis supposedly contacted SOS before the season was even over is as reliable as the real estate guy who claimed it was a done deal that Muschamp was coming here.

I wouldn't put much stock in that. The consensus back then was that Chavis's agent floated that rumor out to try and leverage a better deal with TAMU.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #20
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 999998612457751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Can someone explain to me how we whiffed on Chavis as DC again? How did we let a proven DC that wanted to come here go elsewhere? I miss those days of scoring 17 points and winning at least then we could depend on the defense. now when the defense comes on I go outside, grab a beer, beat my girlfriend anything to keep from watching this shot show. I am glad we whiffed on Muschamp. Auburn faithful are ready to burn him at the stake.
Really? That was a horrible analogy