CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sanford
MWard
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
Cockypantherfan
75CarolinaFan
gamecockgal
GarnetSwarm1990
TAFC 5 1981
ReadR00ster
Sidney Rice Retiring (998)
A good friend of min (522)
Dan Patrick Show - P (477)
ESPN Insider (384)
Pictures of older Co (316)
A Clowney Spotting? (259)
Places to eat in Con (200)
Bonefish Grill (159)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (143)
This Song is the F'i (121)
Curt Britt Transferring
SOS Dominating SEC Media
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Texags
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
Bonefish Grill
Places To Eat In Beufort
Georgia Defensive returni

Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his claws
Default Indoor practice facility progress

Has work started on the indoor practice facility yet? Seems like it would be a nice recruiting tool!
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Indoor practice facility progress

The better question is will it be ready for the thunderstorm filled afternoons in August.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

If they are starting it this offseason, which is what I have been reading, then I have no doubt it will be done by then. It doesn't take too long to put up those kinds of buildings. Most of is prefab I believe.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Site work should be under way. Someone do a drive by and take a pic
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

wont be complete until 2015..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

The outdoor part of it is "Supposed" to be ready by this fall and the team
will move down there for the regular practices in August. The INDOOR
facility won't be ready until (they said) January 2015.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Yeah, because we have to give the land back over to the National Guard before the start of the 2014 season, correct?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Yeah, because we have to give the land back over to the National Guard before the start of the 2014 season, correct?
Yeah, the lease won't be renewed with them.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #9
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

We need to keep this thread up much like the "beastboard" thread a while back. have updates and pic and such.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

So the indoor field and the plaza around the stadium should be complete around the same time?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #11
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1549032

Quote:
-- The new football practice fields, for a cost of $3 million, are set to be completed by July 2014. Construction will begin as soon as this season ends. The Indoor Practice Facility, at a cost of $14.5 million, is scheduled to be done by March 2015.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

In other words, the Vikings will have torn down their stadium and built the new one before we even finish the plaza area.

Still don't understand why they can't start construction on the plaza the same time as the indoor practice building.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I have driven by where I believe the fields are going to be, as recently as Thursday, 1/9. If you are looking at Carolina Park, I drove down the left side (between Carolina Park and the Proving Grounds). All the way down the road. There is an area at the back, down the hill from Carolina Park, that is a flattened area, with a few pole lights. It looks basically abandoned.

I have seen no start to any construction in the area, save for behind the area I'm talking about, I saw some utility construction going on, but I believed that to be unrelated. If this is no the correct area, please let me know where it is. I live very close to the stadium. I planned on taking lots of progress pics to post on here for everyone to see, there just haven't been any to take yet.

bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #14
bryarx
Starter

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Actually looking now, it looks like from the drawings thatthe green roofed building in my photo, that building, will need to be demolished for the new fields? With the indoor facility going in the patch just above and to the right of the circle I drew?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #15
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I have driven by where I believe the fields are going to be, as recently as Thursday, 1/9. If you are looking at Carolina Park, I drove down the left side (between Carolina Park and the Proving Grounds). All the way down the road. There is an area at the back, down the hill from Carolina Park, that is a flattened area, with a few pole lights. It looks basically abandoned.

I have seen no start to any construction in the area, save for behind the area I'm talking about, I saw some utility construction going on, but I believed that to be unrelated. If this is no the correct area, please let me know where it is. I live very close to the stadium. I planned on taking lots of progress pics to post on here for everyone to see, there just haven't been any to take yet.
I dunno if that's where they're building it or not, but what you circled is a fraternity tailgating lot. It's very scenic.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervous

The circled area is fraternity parking and is a pit and I don't see how you could build anything there...the building will be where the game day parking is currently located...the university doesn't own the pit.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #17
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Actually looking now, it looks like from the drawings thatthe green roofed building in my photo, that building, will need to be demolished for the new fields? With the indoor facility going in the patch just above and to the right of the circle I drew?
This is an old photo. The green building in the photo was the shelter in the old farmers market and it was demolished last summer. You are correct that the new outdoor practice fields will be in the area where the shelter was, and the indoor facility will be built in the grassy area adjacent to it in the photo (which has been used for overflow gameday parking the last two years).
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
In other words, the Vikings will have torn down their stadium and built the new one before we even finish the plaza area.

Still don't understand why they can't start construction on the plaza the same time as the indoor practice building.
State legislature slowed down things for a while.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #19
bryarx
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
This is an old photo. The green building in the photo was the shelter in the old farmers market and it was demolished last summer. You are correct that the new outdoor practice fields will be in the area where the shelter was, and the indoor facility will be built in the grassy area adjacent to it in the photo (which has been used for overflow gameday parking the last two years).
Thanks for the info, I'll drive straight across bluff road on George Roger's Blvd tomorrow and see if there is any progress in that area, and provide any pictures. I may do it in a new thread so I can update the OP in the new thread as I add pictures.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #20
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
yea... I don't think anyone is putting anything there.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote