CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
thekob
B-G
MWard
Spurticus
uscjeremynca
markp_vip
GarnetSwarm1990
sanford
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (503)
Bonefish Grill (493)
What Are The Most Im (416)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (333)
Kansas to invest $75 (320)
When does fall pract (300)
Jaguars Justin Black (260)
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING (232)
George Harrison Memo (204)
Green and Lammons
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Spurrier vs Saban
Official WWE Thread
Tenn vs WVU in Charlotte
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F
Places To Eat In Beufort

Old 01-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous
Default cracked screens

Fellow Gamecocks:
I have recently been fixing cracked screens for people(mostly iphones). If you need a new screen, let me know. I can do it for considerably less than any store I know of. I may even do a trade of some sort.

SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: cracked screens

How much we talking here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

It depends on the model # Iphone 4 = $65
Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Nice niche to carve out. I hope that you do well. While most people could do it themselves for around $12 in parts it is tedious and time consuming and most likely they will just end up pulling their hair out and sending it in anyway.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

LoL...The parts are more than though...closer to $30 for the iphone 4
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Pro'lly right on anything apple. I can buy a new digitizer for my S3 for $6.50.

#ModForMod
Old 01-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

I've never changed the screen on a S3. have you?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
edited
how much for 3gs

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.

Last edited by CCC; 01-13-2014 at 01:07 PM.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #9
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1782750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #10
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
how much for 3gs
haha I changed my "bullshit" remark because I see the digitizer on ebay for $6.50 but it's not that simple to fix it correctly
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I managed to do it on an older phone. I swore that it was not worth the time and frustration to ever do again. There is a kid at a local computer shop here who will do it for me for $20 + parts if I ever need to do it again.

#ModForMod
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #12
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
how much for 3gs
to answer your question...$40
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #13
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

how much for an iphone 5?
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #14
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I managed to do it on an older phone. I swore that it was not worth the time and frustration to ever do again. There is a kid at a local computer shop here who will do it for me for $20 + parts if I ever need to do it again.

Someone asked me to do a 3s, but I didn't want to take the risk of separating the glass from the LCD, so I quoted them for replacing both together. I guess it works but I saw that a lot of people tore the LCD when removing the glass, and also there is a liquid adhesive between the glass and screen that would be missing from doing it this way, so it might not hold as well and there's a gap between the new glass and LCD that can cause problems doing it this way.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #15
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
how much for an iphone 5?
$110
Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #16
BlakelyH19
4-Star

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

I just started buying iphones off ebay and repairing them for resell. Do you have any problems with the proximity sensors after replacing the screens in a iphone 4 with a aftermarket screen?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #17
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
I just started buying iphones off ebay and repairing them for resell. Do you have any problems with the proximity sensors after replacing the screens in a iphone 4 with a aftermarket screen?
good idea, maybe I should do that too. No problems that i know of with that sensor, mainly because the sensor is not replaced when i repair a screen, it stays on the mainframe.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

are your quotes replacing it with a aftermarket parts or apple replacement parts, I ask because I work with a guy who does this on iOS devices and he has had mixed luck with replacement screens/parts off of ebay/amazon (aftermarket stuff)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #19
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
are your quotes replacing it with a aftermarket parts or apple replacement parts, I ask because I work with a guy who does this on iOS devices and he has had mixed luck with replacement screens/parts off of ebay/amazon (aftermarket stuff)
That's interesting. I get everything off of ebay, but I only buy from Top Rated Plus sellers. You may have to be an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get genuine Apple parts, but they don't make the screens anyways. I think the ones I buy are OEM, so it's the same thing.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #20
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
That's interesting. I get everything off of ebay, but I only buy from Top Rated Plus sellers. You may have to be an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get genuine Apple parts, but they don't make the screens anyways. I think the ones I buy are OEM, so it's the same thing.
oem, thats what I was referring to, sorry