CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
Fight, win, kick a-- (1385)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1035)
The Gator Bowl wants (1023)
CFN prediction for a (936)
A simple defensive l (808)
USC will upset Aubur (804)
In-state QB talent (627)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (352)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 01-10-2014, 03:48 AM   #21
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Re: cracked screens

I replaced the screen on my S3. Cost was about $19 bucks I think at the time. Best practice is to use a piece of tape and cover the hole screen so that you can remove all the little shards of glass when you pull it off. Then use a heat gun or blow dryer and heat the glass up really well to loosen the glue between it and the screen/digitizer. Then you pry one corner up with a knife or small screwdriver and pull it off with the tape which keeps it all together. Be careful removing the home and return sensors at the bottom of screen. Then you stick those sensors carefully on the new glass and lay it over the digitizer and press firmly into place. You can even reheat it to make sure the glue is reapplied properly and voila you have a like new phone.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #22
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Replaced my son's Ipad2 screen for $25 over Christmas. Looked at is yesterday and it is cracked again...SON OF A @#$@#%@%@!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Cell Phone Repair is a chain and they replaced the screen on my 4S for $99.

I know you can buy the screens on e-bay for cheap. They even give you all the tools and instructions. But it will take an hour or so and if you're not careful, you could do more damage than good.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #24
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Replaced my son's Ipad2 screen for $25 over Christmas. Looked at is yesterday and it is cracked again...SON OF A @#$@#%@%@!
Get an Otterbox man. Got my kids iPad minis for Christmas and got the Otterboxes on Amazon. My 6 year old has already dropped hers a couple times and didn't hurt the mini at all.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #25
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
I replaced the screen on my S3. Cost was about $19 bucks I think at the time. Best practice is to use a piece of tape and cover the hole screen so that you can remove all the little shards of glass when you pull it off. Then use a heat gun or blow dryer and heat the glass up really well to loosen the glue between it and the screen/digitizer. Then you pry one corner up with a knife or small screwdriver and pull it off with the tape which keeps it all together. Be careful removing the home and return sensors at the bottom of screen. Then you stick those sensors carefully on the new glass and lay it over the digitizer and press firmly into place. You can even reheat it to make sure the glue is reapplied properly and voila you have a like new phone.
That's cool I just didn't feel comfortable doing that on someone else's phone, but it sure is a lot cheaper. The 2 parts(glass and LCD) together is like $100.
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote