CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ColaCock
ucan'tlickourcocks
TAFC 5 1981
Joe
SomertimeCock12
The Octopus
doubledribble
Coulwoodwarlord
ktguen
ScottK
Skai Moore out for U (1135)
Troubles in Tigertow (868)
TN game weather (865)
Who is your favorite (743)
Cockaboose Video (522)
Marvel releases movi (338)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (316)
FSU vs. Louisville (242)
Aliens Are Real (223)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (172)
Uniforms for Tenn
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Who is your favorite play
We're going to the NCAA T
Interesting quotes from D
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Have you ever been so wro
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Lattimore to play after S

Old 01-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Amazing Roku App (Football fan, check it!)

A new app called USTVnow is out and it provides free HD streams of basic channels like FOX, ABC, CBS, A&E, etc...about 6-7 channels total.

They also have a premium subscription that gives you around $100 channels.

It was initially designed for military who lived out of the US to access local US content.

Add the channel and link to your Roku device...and you can watch NFL games and all other content on these channels.

I cut all of my extra room cable boxes a few months ago and only have one box in the living room...Rokus in the other rooms. The WatchESPN app was a blessing for watching sports...now with this, I have NFL games on national TV covered PLUS the college games that aren't on ESPN networks.

Add it...then send me rep!

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Amazing Roku App (Football fan, check it!)

Where might one find this app? On the apple app store?
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I just looked through the channel store and could not find it? Where is it located?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Sorry, it is a private channel.

Here are the directions:

http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2012/...nside-USA.html

Follow those directions...and don't worry about it saying "Free Trial" because the basic 6-7 channels are completely free. Don't understand why they use a trial for that. If you want a premium service, you can pay more I suppose.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

It is available on AppleTV, and also mobile devices as well I believe.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #6
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

EDIT: I just now realized what the "Free Trial" means. For 45 days, you can watch on any device in HD. After that, you can only watch on a computer in standard resolution...or pay their subscription fee.

There are plans after that:

- 1 Day Pass $2.99
- 3 Day Pass $6.99 ($2.33/day)
- 1 Week Pass $15 ($2.14/day)
- Monthly Subscription Promo price of $19/month for the first 3 months and $29 thereafter

Still, for $2.99 to watch some games outside or in another area of your home isn't a bad deal to me. This free period will get me through playoffs and Super Bowl at least! Maybe even some Olympics as well.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Seems like a lot of hassle for the network channels. Why not just get an HD antenna for those extra tvs?
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Seems like a lot of hassle for the network channels. Why not just get an HD antenna for those extra tvs?
Well, mainly because it is in one place (Roku) and also, it has a couple channels the antenna doesn't provide. I'm all about consolidating devices.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Gotcha. I need to update my Roku. I have one of the old XD models. It streams fine, but it is not as responsive as I want it to be. I really wish it had the PS3 Netflix UI bc the one on Roku sucks.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Gotcha. I need to update my Roku. I have one of the old XD models. It streams fine, but it is not as responsive as I want it to be. I really wish it had the PS3 Netflix UI bc the one on Roku sucks.
With the Roku 3 it's now the opposite. They are both the same UI now but the PS3 is a lot slower then the Roku. That goes for all the vid apps, amazon VUDU, etc. The Roku 3 is way more responsive and quicker at bringing up the apps and playing the movies then my PS3.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #11
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

My ROKU brings up the apps faster, but once in the apps the PS3 does faster work. I have the ROKU hooked up to a smart tv in my bedroom. I need to compare it to the smart tv apps. I haven't even messed around with it. I may eventually just get a ROKU 3 for my living room instead of using my PS3 so my in-laws can learn how to use it.