CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
robgusc76
b381l
usc1
ertman420
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
2001 vs Sandstorm
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #21
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney's 1st big purchase

How do y'all know he hasn't hired someone to look after his funds? Hell, I would not be surprised if it was a gift from his agent.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #22
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervous

The kid gave us three years of the best football USC has ever seen, Let the kid have whatever car he wants. He's earned it.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #23
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Good for JD... That is a nice ride.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #24
paynemd2
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
paynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming in

Saw on twitter it was just a joke. Not his car
Old 01-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #25
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Good grief. Give the kid a break.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #26
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly

Spend wisely JD
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

Old 01-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #27
Cocked & Locked
Walk On

Male

Cocked & Locked is sharpening his clawsCocked & Locked is sharpening his clawsCocked & Locked is sharpening his clawsCocked & Locked is sharpening his clawsCocked & Locked is sharpening his claws

I just said he should hire someone that is licensed to watch his finances and that a car was a bad investment - overall. I think he should buy whatever he wants but be logical about it and know that he has a time limit on his career and prepare for his future. I didn't say he should not have bought that car. I think he needs and deserves a nice ride but he needs to get a governor put on it though. LOL!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #28
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked View Post
Dumbest thing I have ever heard. A car is the worst investment ever unless its going to be a limited special edition. A financial advisor, or investor, or personal broker should be the second person he hires after his agent.
Sometimes it's about enjoying life. Not everything is about the investment. I hope he will enjoy his money, but set aside enough to live on after football.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #29
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

The cost of a Bentley is chump change compared to what that kid is going to be making over the next dozen or so years. It's his money, he should do whatever the hell he wants with it and I hope he enjoys every penny of it. He probably will splurge on a few ridiculous luxury items and who can blame him. Of course a lot of people will have something snarky to say about it and JD will just have to find a way to live with that.

Seriously, I do hope he hires a driver with that lead foot of his.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #30
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Forget financial advisors, they are equivalent to financial liars. He should buy bitcoins, silver, and high quality tools and machines. A Bentley probably is a pretty good investment verses the risk he would take by investing in Wall Street at this time in our history.
This is the future.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #31
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
This is the future.
Bitcoins are going to take a hit soon.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #32
bcolinc
4-Star

Male

bcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spurs

Y'all, I don't believe he actually purchased that. Don't you think he was just "clowning" around? Where would he have gotten this money already? Lol funny though
Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #33
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Todays news was really bad for Mizzou. There #1 pick alleged arrest for drugs. I hate to use this moment, but to all the folks who hated on Conner, Clowney, Latty, Gilmore, Quarles, Ingram, etc. I hope you can understand how with all the hype these college kids off the field represented the gamecocks as good as they did on the field. I hope DGB another college in the spotlight now understand the gifts he has and makes good use from here on out.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #34
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
The cost of a Bentley is chump change compared to what that kid is going to be making over the next dozen or so years. It's his money, he should do whatever the hell he wants with it and I hope he enjoys every penny of it. He probably will splurge on a few ridiculous luxury items and who can blame him. Of course a lot of people will have something snarky to say about it and JD will just have to find a way to live with that.

Seriously, I do hope he hires a driver with that lead foot of his.

Well said, including probably soon needing a driver. It's okay for fans to be a tad jealous. I certainly am. And I'm confident JD won't hold it against me ;)

http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/01/11/p...y-just-funnin/

http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/01/11/j...clowney-rolls/

Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #35
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Don't be so sure this is actually his.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #36
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Don't be so sure this is actually his.
http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/01/11/p...y-just-funnin/
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #37
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Maybe he was looking at it to buy it for his mother...Who knows. Nice car, good kid, not worried about him going broke like some people are already. He hasn't made a dime yet in the NFL and people are already scared of him going broke. Is this how the board acted when Rice, Jeffery, Gilmore, etc left?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #38
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

cocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPit

This is like the helmet " he signed" and spelled heard herd.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/08/08...sells-for-171/

Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #39
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

No one needs to speed that much money on freaking car, especially if you are a guying going into the NFL draft that has not played one down in the league. One bad injury and his career can be over.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #40
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

What did he get? We have a Continental GT Speed, its a great car and I don't see what is wrong with buying one if you can afford it. Clowney can expect to be a first round draft pick, I am sure his agent loaned him the money to buy it, he will easily be able to pay him back. Hopefully he will put some money away for a rainy day.

It is a great driving car, not sure why you would want to have someone else drive it? Hopefully he can get his drivers license back.