CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
JDJones
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
gamecockgal
Cockypantherfan
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
10 years since " (2079)
Sidney Rice is havin (1578)
Why the hesitance to (1096)
Should UNC get death (480)
2014 Charleston Clas (457)
BJ Mckie (449)
Getting Back on Trac (344)
Hospitality Area? (318)
Cocky cloth towels (277)
Challenge to or revi (246)
2014 Charleston Classic *
2015 Defensive Line
Micheal Shumacher Fightin
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Dragon Age Origins free!
Should UNC get death pena
Family, Faith, and Gameco
How many??
Lineup Changes (Offense)
weekend conference Predic

Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #21
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: has shaw passed lattimore as

I'll be glad to see Shaw's name up in the Stadium as the QB with the most wins ever at SC.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #22
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

IMO, both Shaw and Lattimore have joined Big George on the Gamecock Mount Rushmore.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #23
fridayserv
4-Star

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Most popular is not a question of which one, because as a gamecock fan or supporter you have a favorite. For example it is not question that the ESPN daily of Clowney and the ESPY award makes Clowney the most popular in School history. Not to mention the number of #7's sold. So as a Gamecock Grad, Gilmore, Lattimore, Clowney, Shaw, Ingram, Roland, Ellington, Jeffery, etc in this era are all equally popular, and more important WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

maybe we should have a thread listing only the elite and have us vote on various names that posters bring up......I'm guessing there are approximately 7-10 all time greats.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #25
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Can I get a Ryan Brewer? He was extraordinary, and one of the very best in my estimation. Yes, we've had some incredible success recently but this kid was a major difference maker.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #26
Cockdaddy2001
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
There is a level you reach were you can't be passed, you can only be joined. Lattimore and Shaw are both there.
Well put
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #27
SCFANFORLIFE
Walk On

Male

SCFANFORLIFE has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Virginia View Post
I like them both but Shaw surpasses in my book because he stayed all four years and completed a degree. It is college and the degree should be the ultimate goal. Too many go on to pro, get injured and then what? If you don't have the degree, you've got a life problem. Athletic scholarship students should include a basic course in finance so they are better prepared in case of career ending injury.
You cant fault Lattimore for turning pro when he did. Lattimore was not going to be abe to play this year anyway, so his best option was to go into the draft. That way he could be getting paid while he was rehabing in great rehab enviorment. Plus I am sure the 49ers have a excellent training and medical staff. I am surre Lattimore will still earn his degree on his own time, I bet his mom will see to that.

Hats off to both guys though. The were both a class act and did alot for the University. Even though Lattimore is my favorite Gamecock at the same time Shaw is right up there too. You could not have asked for anybody better too represent the Gamecocks than these too. Good luck to both in the NFL
SCFANFORLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #28
UScott
Walk On

Male

UScott has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
There is a level you reach were you can't be passed, you can only be joined. Lattimore and Shaw are both there.
I like that!
UScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #29
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
This temptation comes up over year with such and such player are the best/greatest/popular Gamecock but you cannot compare one player to another because each player brought something different. A couple of examples who is the greatest Gamecock that would be simple that would be George Rogers since he has the Heisman or who is the best QB is Tommy Suggs, Todd Ellis, Stephen Garcia, Connor Shaw. Tommy Suggs is the only QB who won a conference title, Todd Ellis the best stat QB, Garcia being the first QB to beat UGA, UF, UT, and Clemson in the same season, first to QB to beat #1, then you got Connor Shaw the QB with the most wins. Let each player contribution stand on its own merit there is no need to make comparisons because different players meant different things to different people.
Well said.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #30
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
This temptation comes up over year with such and such player are the best/greatest/popular Gamecock but you cannot compare one player to another because each player brought something different. A couple of examples who is the greatest Gamecock that would be simple that would be George Rogers since he has the Heisman or who is the best QB is Tommy Suggs, Todd Ellis, Stephen Garcia, Connor Shaw. Tommy Suggs is the only QB who won a conference title, Todd Ellis the best stat QB, Garcia being the first QB to beat UGA, UF, UT, and Clemson in the same season, first to QB to beat #1, then you got Connor Shaw the QB with the most wins. Let each player contribution stand on its own merit there is no need to make comparisons because different players meant different things to different people.
I agree wholeheartedly.

For me...my all time favorite Gamecock Football player is Brad Edwards, with Connor a close second.
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #31
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I'll be glad to see Shaw's name up in the Stadium as the QB with the most wins ever at SC.
Will they do that? I would love for it to be done. I wasn't sure if game wins were considered a stat unless it was for a coach. It would be great if they do this.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #32
GSC2013
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

Its a 3-way dogfight for "most popular Gamecock", but....

I think Shaw is most popular in SC, amongst fans in this state.

But outside of SC, Clowney is the most popular.

I'd say Shaw is the most beloved Gamecock, with Lattimore a close 2nd.

Far more people know Clowney....but don't necessarily love him. "The Hit" is the reason why.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #33
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I hope ya'll can see the video on this page...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202809686461361

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote