CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
elcid99
BiggerLSUfan
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
sporkgod50
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1149)
Ranking the Opposing (1009)
Not a Rival.. (760)
Gamecock Coaches as (576)
help with army insig (410)
NCAA Football 15 (352)
Hello Gamecocks! (280)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (242)
I'm a grand godfathe (240)
George Miller revisi (214)
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Clemson Recruiting...how
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
NCAA Football 15
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Green and Lammons
Parking needed

Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default TJ Gurley

Any chance he can play cb next year? Or is the plan to move Elder to corner?

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: TJ Gurley

O word

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

I don't think they move Elder. The secondary was at its best with him at FS and Williams at SS.

I doubt they move Gurley. Hes a hard hitting safety that already struggles in coverage
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Gurley would struggle at CB. They want to keep Elder at S.

Jamari is moving to CB and we should sign Lammons and DJ Smith.

If anyone moves it sounds like it would be Brison Williams
Old 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Do anyone know how Chaz Elder is doing. He had 2 concussions and went out during the Capitol One game.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayserv View Post
Do anyone know how Chaz Elder is doing. He had 2 concussions and went out during the Capitol One game.
He came back in during the bowl game so it wasn't another concussion.

I was afraid it was another concussion too when he first went out. Guys got a ton of talent and will be a bigtime player for us if he can stay healthy
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

thanks
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I don't see Elder moving to corner because he's listed at 6'2, but Gurley being at corner could make sense. I would definitely let him try out the position in the spring if I was the coach.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
I don't see Elder moving to corner because he's listed at 6'2, but Gurley being at corner could make sense. I would definitely let him try out the position in the spring if I was the coach.
As has been mentioned, I do not believe Gurley has the hips to play corner. He's more of a "seek and destroy" type of player at safety. I really hope he is back to 100% so he can push for some PT this fall.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Any chance he can play cb next year? Or is the plan to move Elder to corner?
neither
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Gurley is one of our best safeties when/if he can get healthy.

A Gurley/Elder safety combination would probably get our best out there.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #12
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Elder belongs at safety for the rest of his career. He proved and earned it. Kid is gonna be a great one for us
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:27 AM   #13
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I just want another DJ to emerge this season.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #14
O'Aces
Recruit

Male

O'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his claws

I missed DJ this year too
Old 01-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Yea we missed Gurley this year.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #16
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm afraid there might be speed issues with Gurley. I hope he picks back up to where he was headed when he first came in.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #17
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Gurley was a very solid CB in HS. IF he can regain his speed he lost after the injury I think he could play some CB. It normally takes about a year to fully recover from his type of injury and I expect him to be close to 100% this year if not 100%.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #18
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I just want another DJ to emerge this season.
Smith will probably have his chance
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #19
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Gurley was a very solid CB in HS. IF he can regain his speed he lost after the injury I think he could play some CB. It normally takes about a year to fully recover from his type of injury and I expect him to be close to 100% this year if not 100%.
He should be good to go and think he has potential to contribute. He definitely was no where near 100% in 2013.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #20
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Are any of these CB we're currently leading for/in the running for thinking about enrolling early?