CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
BiscoCocky
COCKYTALKIN
l^l^lBGCock
black_magic85
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
rolinb1
thekob
Spurrier: Davis May (5874)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1542)
an apology (1228)
Our players and the (966)
Aggie looking forwar (768)
Cockaboose Owners (744)
Article on Shaw & (705)
First "Carolina (668)
JD & DJ Getting (610)
I'm thinking we're g (422)
and the #1 2014 acc must
First "Carolina Call
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Your SEC Standings Predic
JD & DJ Getting Love
New Sign at Williams Bric
VPN service recomendation
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
I'm thinking we're gonna
Article on Shaw & the

Old 07-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default 2014-15 Premier League season

There are a number of us who are fans of the EPL. With the season three weeks away, we can start talking about it. Lots of changes and transfers for a number of clubs. Suarez gone from Liverpool, new manager and lots of new players at Man U, Arsenal ready to make some noise, Southampton sold everyone, Man City still pretty much the same, and Chelsea is strong and deep.

I'm getting this started by welcoming Didier Drogba back to Chelsea! I can't wait for this season to get started!

College football and soccer in the Fall - it doesn't get any better!
Old 07-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #2
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Should be an exciting season. I'm thinking we will see more of the same from Man City and Chelsea with them both challenging for the title. Arsenal should be improved with Sanchez coming in. My two big question marks are how will Liverpool adjust to life without Suarez and how will Manchester bounce back from last season? If all 5 clubs can consistently play at a high level we may just see one of the best Premier League seasons yet.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Man City and Chelsea look to be very strong again.In Champions League is everybody conceding the title to Real Madrid after signing James Rodriguez?
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
Man City and Chelsea look to be very strong again.In Champions League is everybody conceding the title to Real Madrid after signing James Rodriguez?
They will be tough, but no club has ever won back to back Champion's League titles.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Anybody down for some fantasy??

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-team/

This is the code to join the league: 431379-112040
Old 07-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I HATE HATE HATE Real Madrid. I like James but screw them. May the Bernabeu burn down to the ground (with no on in it of course) and may the football gods wreak havoc on a team that has been nowhere near as good as people think just because they spent a lot of money.

With that said, I really like Chelsea's chances at the title if they stay healthy. Best GK tandem in the UNIVERSE, a very strong defense, great midfield. Just need goals from Costa, Drogba, and hopefully Lukaku who will want to be mentored under his hero. And Mourinho needs to keep everyone happy and get playing time for everyone. I'm worried about how they will find time for both GKs.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Anybody down for some fantasy??

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-team/

This is the code to join the league: 431379-112040
I will join once we get closer to the season. Need to make sure everyone is healthy and all the transfers are pretty much settled. I've done ESPN's the last couple of years and finished in the top 90% both seasons.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I will join once we get closer to the season. Need to make sure everyone is healthy and all the transfers are pretty much settled. I've done ESPN's the last couple of years and finished in the top 90% both seasons.
You can change your team as much as you want up until the first game FYI
Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #9
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I feel bad for Southampton. They are losing every good player they had on their team. Half their starting XI are gone and more are expected to follow. They were a fun team to watch. Now they be in the relegation battle this season. So saf to see.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #10
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Yeah Soto is just getting picked apart by the big dogs. They might as well just merge with Liverpool and be Southpool after this transfer window
Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #11
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPit

I'm excited to see Lamela with Spurs. He was supposed to be our Bale replacement last season but hardly played due to injuries. He has been fantastic in preseason. We haven't done too much in the transfer window other than shore up LB. I don't really want to see much activity, honestly (now that Griezman seems improbable).

As of other teams, Chelski and City look like favorites. Money will do that.

Edit: Just saw the Schneiderlin/Rodriguez news/rumors regarding sale to Tottenham, so that helps with depth as well. Probably means Sandro will be sold, which blows. I love that dude. Rodriguez could help on the left wing, but he tore his ACL, so I'm not sure he'll contribute for a while. Soton really is selling the whole team (at quite a profit).

Last edited by Transmaniacon; 07-28-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I like what Arsenal did...especially Sanchez...but with Tottenham and Chelsea getting better and Man U getting Van Gaal...who I believe is the best coach in the game...I'm not sure it is going to be enough. Regardless, my Gunners made some moves and got better...we will see.
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #13
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I like what Arsenal did...especially Sanchez...but with Tottenham and Chelsea getting better and Man U getting Van Gaal...who I believe is the best coach in the game...I'm not sure it is going to be enough. Regardless, my Gunners made some moves and got better...we will see.
I love all of our transfers in so far!! All we need now is a DM and we should be set for a good push for the title IMO
Old 07-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #14
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
You can change your team as much as you want up until the first game FYI
Are all leagues a 4-4-2 formation? Can this be changed? If so, I don't see how.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #15
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

You can change your formation as you like as well. You have to select your team first. Then go back in and set up what players you want playing by clicking the yellow arrow under the name to select them.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #16
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I'm pretty optimistic about my Gunners this year. People forget we were in 1st for half the year last year and with Sanchez Debuchy and healthy Walcott and Ramsey I feel like we can seriously contend. Hopefully we can do better in Champions League this year too as I am tired of playing Bayern Munich or Barcelona in the RD of 16.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #17
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
You can change your formation as you like as well. You have to select your team first. Then go back in and set up what players you want playing by clicking the yellow arrow under the name to select them.
OK I figured it out. Now got a 3-4-3 formation.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #18
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
I'm pretty optimistic about my Gunners this year. People forget we were in 1st for half the year last year and with Sanchez Debuchy and healthy Walcott and Ramsey I feel like we can seriously contend. Hopefully we can do better in Champions League this year too as I am tired of playing Bayern Munich or Barcelona in the RD of 16.
With Chelsea's defense and goalkeeping, if they can improve their striking abilities with Costa, Drogba, and possibly Cavani, they could run easily win.

Chelsea had the best defense in the league last year. Now they've even improved the midfield with Fabregas. Chelsea's problem was they couldn't score enough goals. Hopefully, not an issue this year. I just hope team chemistry is OK with no conflicts between GKs.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #19
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Sadly I see Chelsea building a very strong team. Terry is getting up there in age so his legs may be done about midway through the year. Still bitter about Cesc being a d bag too!!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #20
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Would be nice to get a good cockytalk fantasy league going if enough people got interested !! Code is higher up in the thread for the leauge