CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4321)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2454)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (893)
US Air nsfw tweet (723)
I like how Frank sou (645)
boiled peanuts (495)
Ahh...The Masters (493)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (451)
Tax day freebies (443)
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
Last 5 years in the SEC
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #41
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
DTGCOCKS#32 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Grantham to Louisville

on some UGA boards they are saying that manny diaz would be a possible guy as well
DTGCOCKS#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #42
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Just when I thought Louisville was going to do well.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #43
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGCOCKS#32 View Post
on some UGA boards they are saying that manny diaz would be a possible guy as well

nope. he is interveiwing for the vacant secondary coach job.

I'm getting from some good sources that Kirby Smart is a done deal. big payday, and the next HC job promised.

if thats true then Bobo will be walking soon.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #44
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
nope. he is interveiwing for the vacant secondary coach job.

I'm getting from some good sources that Kirby Smart is a done deal. big payday, and the next HC job promised.

if thats true then Bobo will be walking soon.
only thing that is weird about the whole coach in waiting thing is that richt doesnt seem like he would be ready to step down soon
Old 01-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #45
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
only thing that is weird about the whole coach in waiting thing is that richt doesnt seem like he would be ready to step down soon

its hard to say. I know that he has a lot of interest in doing missionary work. also, he has to be tired of the constant "fire coach richt" that some of the fans chant every year.

could be that Richt is only wanting 3 to 5 more years of coaching, and they told Kirby that he could enjoy a nice payday while waiting on the takeover date.

who knows for sure. hell, who even knows if its true!

I will say that the sources I am hearing this from have a pretty good history at being correct, so time will tell.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #46
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Lock down Coach Ward big time.....gotta think they come creepin around on him....
Why would he leave for the same job at another school? I can't imagine he'd get THAT much more money to make it worth it.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #47
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

Quote:
its hard to say. I know that he has a lot of interest in doing missionary work. also, he has to be tired of the constant "fire coach richt" that some of the fans chant every year.

could be that Richt is only wanting 3 to 5 more years of coaching, and they told Kirby that he could enjoy a nice payday while waiting on the takeover date.

who knows for sure. hell, who even knows if its true!

I will say that the sources I am hearing this from have a pretty good history at being correct, so time will tell.
he is always under a lot of negative criticism. if smart is the guy do you think he could bring some bama recruits with him to UGA.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #48
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:
he is always under a lot of negative criticism. if smart is the guy do you think he could bring some bama recruits with him to UGA.
not only that, but if he is the guy then the state of georgia will be locked down.

you would be talking Richt, Smart, and Bobo on the recruiting trail for the same team.

My God let this be true.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #49
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Just when I thought Louisville was going to do well.
Well, from what I read, Louisville was originally going after Kevin Steele. So yeah, I'd say that they came out a bit better.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #50
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Kirby Smart will be the guy from what it sounds like. Lot's of speculation there from the UGA sites.
This makes zero sense for richt to hire a guy who would replace since he is constantly on the hot seat. Also hard to believe Smart would be lured away from Bama in only a few hours. Bama DC >>>>>>>uga DC
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #51
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
This makes zero sense for richt to hire a guy who would replace since he is constantly on the hot seat. Also hard to believe Smart would be lured away from Bama in only a few hours. Bama DC >>>>>>>uga DC

what you don't understand is that at no point ever has Richt been in danger of being fired by the University. Its fun to listen to it all on ESPN, and come to chat forums and talk about it. however, never be fooled into thinking that the man has ever been close to being canned. everyone in the world can report it, but its up to the AD and Richt is locked in for as long as he wants.

that said, he may be getting toward the end of coaching. He may have told Mcgarity that he only wants another 3 years, and to go ahead and offer a big time DC with the offer of HCIW if thats what it takes.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #52
uga dawg
Banned

Male

of course, this can't hurt the cause either.

even after college they have always been tight. groomsman in each others weddings.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #53
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Richt will likely retire in the next few years. His hip surgery did not heal well and standing on the sideline is painful for him; I would not be surprised to see him retire, have another surgery, and go into missions work. Missions work is really where his heart lies.

Rumors I've heard is Smart will likely be offered in the range of 1.5 to 1.7 mil for 4-5 years, be named Assisstant HC, DC, and recruiting coordinator, as well as HCIW.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #54
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Kirby Smart will be the guy from what it sounds like. Lot's of delusion there from the UGA sites.
Fixed.

Smart would go to the NFL before making a lateral move like that.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #55
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
what you don't understand is that at no point ever has Richt been in danger of being fired by the University. Its fun to listen to it all on ESPN, and come to chat forums and talk about it. however, never be fooled into thinking that the man has ever been close to being canned. everyone in the world can report it, but its up to the AD and Richt is locked in for as long as he wants.

that said, he may be getting toward the end of coaching. He may have told Mcgarity that he only wants another 3 years, and to go ahead and offer a big time DC with the offer of HCIW if thats what it takes.
I don't understand why Richt is such an "untouchable". He hasn't done much at Georgia... Considering the amount of talent y'all pull in every year..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #56
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Georgia already tried to offer him in 2010 and couldn't reel him in from Bama. Unless Mark Richt puts in writing that he will retire in 3 years, it wouldn't make any sense for him to go there. If the guy wants to be a head coach there are plenty of opportunities for him right now.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #57
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I don't understand why Richt is such an "untouchable". He hasn't done much at Georgia... Considering the amount of talent y'all pull in every year..
The powers that be love that he does things "the right way" and has such a good reputation. They don't want to be embarrassed like they were with the Damon Evans situation or end up with a Petrino situation.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #58
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Georgia already tried to offer him in 2010 and couldn't reel him in from Bama. Unless Mark Richt puts in writing that he will retire in 3 years, it wouldn't make any sense for him to go there. If the guy wants to be a head coach there are plenty of opportunities for him right now.
Situation is a lot different from '09-'10. 3-4 system is already in place, Garner is gone, and the coaching situation is much more stable than it was back then; Richt was genuinely on shaky ground back then.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #59
Cocked & Locked
Walk On

Male

Cocked & Locked has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Its actually up to BOD. McGarity listens to his BOD on everything and after the last AD and from his former stomping grounds he is scrutinize pretty heavily. According to one of the board members Richt has been in the hot seat before. He also told me that Smart is their 1st choice but the HCIW will never happen at UGA. The HC at UGA is such an elite position of a remarkable program where coaches will be dying to become a part of UGA when Richt does retire. He told me why settle now when you will be able to get the best of the best in that position opens up. Makes sense.

As far as Grantham to Louisville is that program is now scum! Scum coaches all the way around and mark my words something big will happen to Louisville's program because of these coaching hires! Scum buckets!
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #60
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
Thank God.

He's getting paid though. Apparently UGA refused to match the offer, and with good reason.
He got 100k after taxes, that's nothing.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote