CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4284)
Cunningham wants to (1089)
ESPN article on Clow (640)
Clemson Georgia Game (618)
Horseshoes has been (442)
Fumble party (343)
1964 World’s Fair (232)
New Led Zep releases (129)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (125)
Truly Inspiring (102)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly
Default Great video of draft guru praising Connor Shaw

I just happened to run across this. CBS Sports #1 draft guru Rob Rang heaps praise on Connor Shaw and predicts he'll get picked up in the 4th or 5th round.

Here's the link to the video: http://tv.yahoo.com/video/nfl-draft-...44995-cbs.html
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: Great video of draft guru praising Connor Shaw

Can't really argue with anything he said.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

So if Connor goes in the 5th rd, will he be the highest any USC QB has ever been picked in the draft?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #4
JerseyBird
Don't Mess With The Bird

Male

CockyCash: 1500
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Agree with the comment -

"Whatever team picks Connor Shaw is getting the steal of the draft."
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I would love to see him get drafted by Miami. If not them. either Atlanta or San Fran.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly

You got this Connor!
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

I think for long-term career he's a better fit in New England...those guys coach and develop talent like no one else.

But he'd be PERFECT for Chip Kelly's natural offense.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
So if Connor goes in the 5th rd, will he be the highest any USC QB has ever been picked in the draft?

Yes.

Todd Ellis was a 9th round pick, back when they had several more rounds (there are only 7 rounds now). He was cut by Denver in the preseason and never played in a regular season game. Anthony Wright was an undrafted free agent who signed with the Steelers (and went on to have a decent little career as a backup for several teams). Steve Tanneyhill and Blake Mitchell were undrafted free agents who never made a final roster. Dan Reeves was an undrafted free agent way back in the day -- he made the Dallas Cowboys roster after converting to safety, and then to running back (where he had some notable success, even becoming an All-Pro in 1966).

So...unless I'm missing something, Ellis was the only Gamecock QB ever drafted, and he went in the now non-existent 9th round. All the more reason to root for Connor in this draft!
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

It seems like Connor is finally getting the accolades he is due...

Glad to see it!

Can't wait to watch the draft to see where his name comes up!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

I think Connor has the HOLY @#@^%@#$! Did you see that potential at the combine that could vault into the 3rd round.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #11
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

For the recruitniks, the second guy he talked about from The University ofMemphis is a guy named Johnnie Farms. He was originally committed to South Carolina but changed his commit to Unc because he said the "academic" situation there was stronger.

Of course, he transferred out of Unc to Memphis and couldn't even finish his year out there. Safe to say that we won that battle even though many thought we lost it.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #12
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

The Saints or the Patriots would be great spots for him to land.

Bill O'Brien is suppose to be very good at developing QBs so if the Texans pick him up late that could work out as well.

Philadelphia and Seattle would fit his style but he would struggle to get on the field sitting behind Wilson and Foles.

NFLPA collegiate bowl practice is on ESPNU right now if anyones interested. Shaw could be shown at some point
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #13
ClintonGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3200
ClintonGamecock has hatched from the shell

He would be a great fit in San Francisco. Would love to see him and Marcus in the backfield together again but Kapernick and Gore are not ready to give it up yet.
ClintonGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Tood Mcshay just wrote this article about Connor Shaw and the NFL. Very positive read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...shaw-an-nfl-qb
Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #15
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Most of the stuff on Shaw is very positive which is great to hear. I read one idiot who tried saying he maxed out his potential.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #16
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I don't care where he goes. I just want to see him get PAID!!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #17
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

It is funny how way off this Senior NFL Draft Analysis is about Connor. He said he had great arm strength and accuracy from the pocket. But our very own talent experts on here said he doesn't have good arm strength or accuracy, that the receivers made him look good. Said he needed to be replaced and maybe moved to another position. So I'm confused, I don't know who to believe anymore.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
It is funny how way off this Senior NFL Draft Analysis is about Connor. He said he had great arm strength and accuracy from the pocket. But our very own talent experts on here said he doesn't have good arm strength or accuracy, that the receivers made him look good. Said he needed to be replaced and maybe moved to another position. So I'm confused, I don't know who to believe anymore.
Believe what you saw him do while on the field. That says it all.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #19
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his claws

Would love my Falcons to get Connor as our backup to Matty Ice

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #20
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

If he goes to SF, I wont watch his games.

****!!!
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote