CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
KaneisAble
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
Captain9Dragons
HBC Weekly Presser (1163)
Thompson Has Neck In (1060)
Funny? (1010)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (606)
What fish do you eat (558)
KY Suspends 4 Player (501)
Clowney didnt get ma (408)
4th & 1 Play (326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (325)
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
HBC Weekly Presser
Thompson Has Neck Injury
QB Recruiting Strategy
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs
Default Steve Spurrier to receive raise

According to a text I got from GoGamecocks Spurrier is set to receive a raise from $3.3 million to $4 million annually on Thursday. Definately deserved, but I was curious if anyone knew if there were any indications of raises for the rest of the coaching staff? Anyone know? I didn't see this posted anywhere so forgive me if there is already a thread somewhere on this.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Steve Spurrier to receive raise

According to the State, no details on that yet.

SOS should be 9th highest in the country after this.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

He is still under paid
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

GA, Deke, Sands, Botkin, and Whammy are all in line for significant raises.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I am jealous. I could use a $58K/month raise. LOL
Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

With a $4 million coach, it is time to start winning some championships.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

I think Spurrier has proved that you can win at South Carolina, and we (as a University) have proved that we are committed to winning as well by how much financially we are willing to pay for a winner. I think that will prove to be beneficial whenever Spurrier does decide to retire as a job that will potentially pay that much to a head coach will attract some big time talent.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Well deserved. Hopefully it will turn into championships
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #10
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Not enough IMO: Imagine the taxes.!!! If you think about it.SOS should do what I always did. Get large expence account ,gas card, Golf course memberships of his choose [ which Iam sure he already does], there are tons of ways to suppelment a raise an keep the gov outta your pocket.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
According to a text I got from GoGamecocks Spurrier is set to receive a raise from $3.3 million to $4 million annually on Thursday. Definately deserved, but I was curious if anyone knew if there were any indications of raises for the rest of the coaching staff? Anyone know? I didn't see this posted anywhere so forgive me if there is already a thread somewhere on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
GA, Deke, Sands, Botkin, and Whammy are all in line for significant raises.
Not sure about the contract lengths of each assistant, and I'm back and forth
at the Computer and work today, so not enough time to look it up... But
with Deke just joining the staff this past year, I'm sure he's still got a year or
two on his new contract, so I doubt he has a raise coming.... As for the rest,
not sure if their contracts are up for renewal, or if they'd just had them renewed
in the past year, but I'd be willing to bet that for those up for renewal would
probably get an increase as well. Spurrier would more than likely want that.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

Joe Robinson is way overpaid

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Not sure about the contract lengths of each assistant, and I'm back and forth
at the Computer and work today, so not enough time to look it up... But
with Deke just joining the staff this past year, I'm sure he's still got a year or
two on his new contract, so I doubt he has a raise coming.... As for the rest,
not sure if their contracts are up for renewal, or if they'd just had them renewed
in the past year, but I'd be willing to bet that for those up for renewal would
probably get an increase as well. Spurrier would more than likely want that.
I believe that all assistant coaches got raises this past offseason, with the exception of GA. He was unable to get a raise because of his little trip to downtown a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure that I read that in a thread on here last offseason.

Maybe i'm crazy though and don't know what i'm talking about...
Old 01-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #14
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
I believe that all assistant coaches got raises this past offseason, with the exception of GA. He was unable to get a raise because of his little trip to downtown a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure that I read that in a thread on here last offseason.

Maybe i'm crazy though and don't know what i'm talking about...
you're correct....you're not crazy.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #15
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
He is still under paid
TRUE THAT!!!

Old 01-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #16
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Congrats to the 2nd best coach in the history of college football (behind Bear Bryant).
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
RHHS8068
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 51477
RHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Well deserved. Hopefully it will turn into championships
It already has. Ask Dabo.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #18
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
I think Spurrier has proved that you can win at South Carolina, and we (as a University) have proved that we are committed to winning as well by how much financially we are willing to pay for a winner. I think that will prove to be beneficial whenever Spurrier does decide to retire as a job that will potentially pay that much to a head coach will attract some big time talent.
This is what I am thinking...this tees us up to offer 4-5 million per year for the next head coach if he's worth it without big changes in budget management.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes, I heard that $500,000 of the increase was for Coach agreeing to personally coach special teams.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #20
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons

Yep, should be winning the SEC soon with that kind of money!!! Great job Coach. Glad we aren't one of these teams who is worried we'll lose our great coach anytime soon.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote