CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
conwaycock2
The Yancey
ESPN Game Day Commen (1196)
Simple "yes&quo (1064)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (835)
Phil Steele just pre (743)
The Comeback & T (728)
TeMarcus Blanton (516)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (511)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Garcia: Change the R (464)
Wallpaper & Back (226)
Phil Steele just predicte
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Best place to watch the g
Simple "yes" or
Where in Seattle
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
2016 - Avery McCall

Old 01-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #21
GotCocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GotCocky has hatched from the shell
Default Re: FBI Special Agent Connor Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
This was your first post?

Five months after signing up?

Odd
Didnt realize this was frowned upon... how can I redeem myself? Do I need to slaughter a tiger at the horse shoe or something? Haha.
GotCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

WTF did I just read?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #23
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1693674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I am nearing the completion of a novel I am writing, "Larkl and the Remnant Clan" and this adventure includes an FBI agent named Connor Shaw (purely coincidental, you know).

The book is a hi-tech adventure novel with a very fast pace. Simultaneous story lines occur in the mountains of Kenya, the Amazon rain forest, the Olympic National Park, Victoria, Canada and Washington, D.C.

The story involves Osprey V-TOL craft, the U.S. Marines, AWACS, Karelian bear dogs, a cougar attack, Sikorsky Skycranes, FLIR and night thermal vision systems, a clan of Gigantopithecines... you know, the works.

For the FBI operative, I tried to think of several names, but only one was a perfect fit.

This agent is a solid citizen, fearless, compassionate, sharp as a tack...

He's going to take down a serial killer who is a former National Geographic photographer -- that uses poison blow darts to kill his victims. The killer is the first person to ever get an authentic high resolution close-up of a Gigantopithecus (sasquatch).

Special Agent Shaw's action will take place primarily in Washington, D.C., but he may end up in the Olympic National Park in Washington state as well.

Being one of the protagonists in the story, the Agent Shaw character may play an indirect role in saving a group of four hikers from Canada in the Olympic Park (they are a special group of deaf girl scouts that are held hostage by the serial killer).

Over time, Shaw may move from the FBI to working for EIDER (Environmental Intelligence Department of Emergency Response) for the state of Washington. EIDER is a super-secret, highly funded Washington State agency run by former Navy Seals.

When finished, the book will be a hardback of about 1,000 pages. 85% done and closing in on the finish line.

Stay tuned...
Check into publishing it in eformat (kindle/nook/iBooks) there's lots of people who don't buy physical books anymore...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #24
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Check into publishing it in eformat (kindle/nook/iBooks) there's lots of people who don't buy physical books anymore...
I'm giving that a lot of thought. Was looking into that this morning. I

I may dial the faith based stuff back, though I hate to. It's just hard to get anything published in the mainstream that even remotely mentions faith. On the other hand, the Christian publishers want everything squeaky clean and watered down, and they would probably freak over the Gigantopithecus (sasquatch) in my novel because of the concerns about creation vs. Darwinism.

Connor will probably become "Agent Shaw" without identifying his first name.

As far as adding sex, I will be adding a romance but it won't be R rated.

The actual book may be more manageable in that there are major segments that are about the key characters and those can be spun off as separate books.

I really appreciate everyone's comments, by the way.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

You need to add bitcoin to your plot

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #26
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm giving that a lot of thought. Was looking into that this morning. I

I may dial the faith based stuff back, though I hate to. It's just hard to get anything published in the mainstream that even remotely mentions faith. On the other hand, the Christian publishers want everything squeaky clean and watered down, and they would probably freak over the Gigantopithecus (sasquatch) in my novel because of the concerns about creation vs. Darwinism.

Connor will probably become "Agent Shaw" without identifying his first name.

As far as adding sex, I will be adding a romance but it won't be R rated.

The actual book may be more manageable in that there are major segments that are about the key characters and those can be spun off as separate books.

I really appreciate everyone's comments, by the way.
Can the villain be Mr. Abo?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #27
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Can the villain be Mr. Abo?
No. The villan is too smart for that name.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #28
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am nearing the completion of a novel I am writing, "Larkl and the Remnant Clan" and this adventure includes an FBI agent named Connor Shaw (purely coincidental, you know).

The book is a hi-tech adventure novel with a very fast pace. Simultaneous story lines occur in the mountains of Kenya, the Amazon rain forest, the Olympic National Park, Victoria, Canada and Washington, D.C.

The story involves Osprey V-TOL craft, the U.S. Marines, AWACS, Karelian bear dogs, a cougar attack, Sikorsky Skycranes, FLIR and night thermal vision systems, a clan of Gigantopithecines... you know, the works.

For the FBI operative, I tried to think of several names, but only one was a perfect fit.

This agent is a solid citizen, fearless, compassionate, sharp as a tack...

He's going to take down a serial killer who is a former National Geographic photographer -- that uses poison blow darts to kill his victims. The killer is the first person to ever get an authentic high resolution close-up of a Gigantopithecus (sasquatch).

Special Agent Shaw's action will take place primarily in Washington, D.C., but he may end up in the Olympic National Park in Washington state as well.

Being one of the protagonists in the story, the Agent Shaw character may play an indirect role in saving a group of four hikers from Canada in the Olympic Park (they are a special group of deaf girl scouts that are held hostage by the serial killer).

Over time, Shaw may move from the FBI to working for EIDER (Environmental Intelligence Department of Emergency Response) for the state of Washington. EIDER is a super-secret, highly funded Washington State agency run by former Navy Seals.

When finished, the book will be a hardback of about 1,000 pages. 85% done and closing in on the finish line.

Stay tuned...

I know how this book ends.

FBI Special Agent Connor Shaw's personnel information is compromised and the villain breaks into Shaw's place.

The villain manages to spring a trap for Shaw and goes into a long exposition before he snuffs Connor.

But this is all a trick by Shaw to be a last piece of critical information to save the day.

We know the tables have turned when the villain laughs and expects to see a dejected and hopeless, broken man but instead sees Shaw give him a wink and this line, "I'm sorry but there was one flaw in your grand plan: I NEVER LOSE AT HOME."

He then proceeds to kick the shit out of the villain and save the day.

Boom goes the dynamite.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #29
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Forgot to mention that this book of mine is about values and character.

There is some swearing in it, but not too much. The novel is written from a Christian perspective without being "preachy". I intend for this to market through the mainstream and not just Christian publishers.

The characters pray a lot, the way Christians do when they are in trouble or when they give thanks. I don't take it over the top, but I portray what goes on in Christian homes when families and individuals have their backs against the wall.

Also, there is a particular scene where angelic intervention takes place. Again, I tried to be consistent with what the Bible says, so the angels don't have wings and they seem remarkably similar to humans.

Anyway, their intervention occurs during a Christmas festival in Montreal and nearly one hundred ice skaters fall into the freezing water. The angels are there to protect the children.

What happens during that episode may take your breath away (at least, I hope so)

That's sounds a lot like what Tyler Perry decided to do and he is loaded
Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 AM   #30
dapheet
4-Star

Male

dapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
This! Also, there needs to be some killing and gold stolen in South America tied in.
And someone from the future. A hot girl. A redhead. A hot ninja with red hair from the future.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #31
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

How about pictures? Will there be pictures in the book(s)?!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #32
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
How about pictures? Will there be pictures in the book(s)?!
Nah, so it won't be in the Clemson library, sorry.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #33
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Nah, so it won't be in the Clemson library, sorry.
Meatball down the middle.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #34
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Well I don't read books or eat at restaurants without pictures. Count me out.