CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (826)
Call of Duty: Advanc (523)
Good Riddance to bad (456)
Keeping tailgate foo (316)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (288)
Bashing Players, coa (213)
An A to Z of Noah We (207)
The Comeback & T (206)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (97)
Wallpaper & Back (97)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 01-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #21
snoopy
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 500
snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs
Default Re: Vanderbilt Coaching Search

Clemson fans claim Morris is on the list of every team that needs a HC, the fact is (for whatever the reason) their web sites do not even list him as one! There has to be something that the colleges see in him that we don't. He should be a good choice for some of the schools looking to replace a HC, but he has not been interviewed for any of them. Some say he is happy at Clemson, well the truth is probably that he is very well paid there and he does not want to rock the boat UNTIL he has a chance to leave. We are no different, we would certainly not leave a well paying job until we had something better to leave for. Makes me wonder just why nobody wants him! Does he have bad breath or something?
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
RichBandit20
Walk On

Male

RichBandit20 has hatched from the shell

He has it made where he is. If and when he takes on the role of a head coach, then the pressure comes!!
RichBandit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #23
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

I've thought about Chad Morris and he wants to be a HC but he is waiting for the right opportunity. I would rather take a program over where the coach was fired because then you aren't living up to expectation at a place like Vanderbilt where winning will not be easy and their recruiting class is going up in flames (generally doesnt get that bad at most schools where the coach leaves).

He is paid $1.3 million per year which makes him a rich man. If he was getting the poor mans $300k per year than he would have bolted for a HC position somewhere last year or this year.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #24
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
I've thought about Chad Morris and he wants to be a HC but he is waiting for the right opportunity. I would rather take a program over where the coach was fired because then you aren't living up to expectation at a place like Vanderbilt where winning will not be easy and their recruiting class is going up in flames (generally doesnt get that bad at most schools where the coach leaves).

He is paid $1.3 million per year which makes him a rich man. If he was getting the poor mans $300k per year than he would have bolted for a HC position somewhere last year or this year.
I would tend to agree, but also at Vandy, you can hang on for a long, long time while losing as well, so it does have some sort of job security. Nobody is going to expect Vandy to win 10 game a season- ever. If you can just get up to 9 wins per year, you're in the running for Penn State, Texas, etc. Try winning 9 games a season at any other SEC college but Kentucky and get back to me on how many major colleges are calling you for an upgrade.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #25
garnetchicken
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

http://vanderbilt.247sports.com/Boar...531pm-25038081
Quote:
** We have confirmed with sources that the hire will come from the college ranks despite the emergence of some names from the NFL.
Further, we are hearing that Chad Morris is gaining significant traction. We have felt and have been told all along that Derek Mason was the name to beat. With a late push in favor of Morris, we believe that this decision could go either way at this point.
***Based on the information we've received, we are hearing that a decision could come as early as tomorrow. No definitive timeframe is in place but a Friday announcement looks to be likely at this point.
garnetchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #26
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I would tend to agree, but also at Vandy, you can hang on for a long, long time while losing as well, so it does have some sort of job security. Nobody is going to expect Vandy to win 10 game a season- ever. If you can just get up to 9 wins per year, you're in the running for Penn State, Texas, etc. Try winning 9 games a season at any other SEC college but Kentucky and get back to me on how many major colleges are calling you for an upgrade.

nm
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #27
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I'm willing to bet it's going to go to Mason instead of Morris.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #28
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Hopefully they do announce Friday.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #29
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

They have favored Mason the whole way.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #30
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Seems very odd that nobody seems to want Morris. He must do very very poorly in his interviews.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #31
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

My brother who lives in Nashville said he heard Morris has the job. Not sure who his sources are...
Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #32
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Said it was from a Vandy booster he works with. Easy six figure booster.

Said he hasn't accepted but is the pick whatever that info is worth.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #33
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'd be surprised if they choose him over Mason.

Morris has a lot of name recognition right now though.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #34
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Said it was from a Vandy booster he works with. Easy six figure booster.

Said he hasn't accepted but is the pick whatever that info is worth.
Well, you're either going to have instant credibility or sink below whatever low threshold we typically reserve for Clemson athletic supporters. Guess we'll know which it is by this weekend.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #35
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
Well, you're either going to have instant credibility or sink below whatever low threshold we typically reserve for Clemson athletic supporters. Guess we'll know which it is by this weekend.
I doubt it'll change anything either way. It's clear he's saying to take his info with a grain of salt. It's not like some people on here who claim to drop info like it's the gospel.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #36
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Thank you. I don't think my info is gonna be on espn or yahoo sports anytime soon.

If Morris was to turn it down that isn't going to be the news story anyway. I wonder if that would even come out though.. It's obvious by the article that Morris is who they are leaning towards right now but flip a coin I guess.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #37
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thank you. I don't think my info is gonna be on espn or yahoo sports anytime soon.

If Morris was to turn it down that isn't going to be the news story anyway. I wonder if that would even come out though.. It's obvious by the article that Morris is who they are leaning towards right now but flip a coin I guess.
If he turns it down, I just dont get it. What are they smoking up there to make him stay and can it travel east?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #38
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Seems very odd that nobody seems to want Morris. He must do very very poorly in his interviews.
Exactly.....calling plays is only a very small part of being a HC.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #39
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

if he turns it down, he's a moron. the job is much easier now than when Franklin started and the culture now is changing.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:59 PM   #40
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Ever seen Morris do a live interview? Check him out on YouTube. He always looks uncomfortable in front of the camera and mumbles a lot. I'd imagine his interviews are similar.