CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
The Bama series
Mangus now coaching TEs
2015 - Taj Griffin
Playstation 4
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things

Old 01-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Rooster'srule
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rooster'srule has hatched from the shell
Default Dawn Staley

I heard her commercial today on the 107.5 The Game. I forgot the name of the company she was promoting but it was about chicken and waffles. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. I am not sure she was even serious. It sounded like a spoof. What came to my mind as I was listening to it, it sounded as if I was listening to Buckwheat's sister. This is not a racial slur and I will not defend myself if you think it is. Its just what it sounded like to me.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dawn Staley

Kiki's chicken and waffles on two notch
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Kiki's is actually delicious. I've heard the commercial and didn't find it funny. Just sounded like your average endorsement. She definitely didn't sound country to me, she's from Pennsylvania.

http://www.kikischickenandwaffles.com/
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

She sounded kinda stilted and wooden, but I would try Kiki's for sure. Not everyone can read like actors do but I've heard a lot worse!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

By far the worst endorsement on 107.5 is Woody Wyndams endorsements of the tree service. He sounds like he forgot what he was supposed to say and then just adds something in about the guy being good looking. It's so bad it's comical.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Rooster'srule
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rooster'srule has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
By far the worst endorsement on 107.5 is Woody Wyndams endorsements of the tree service. He sounds like he forgot what he was supposed to say and then just adds something in about the guy being good looking. It's so bad it's comical.
Can't argue that.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote