CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
Thenardier
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo

Old 03-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Was this a bad Lady Gamecock loss ?

I would think it helps us in the long run. If we went in as a No.1 seed, we would have been sent to Seattle. That is a long way to go and even if a 2 or 3 seed plays closer to it's opponents home it will still be a neutral court. This could still work out better....JMO. Less travel and more fans closer vs other side of the country and no one there.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
JerseyBird
Don't Mess With The Bird

Male

CockyCash: 1500
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: Was this a bad Lady Gamecock loss ?

If we end up in UConn's bracket, I'd have to give that a yes. Actually I'd say yes just in general. The UT loss, you could look at in a somewhat positive light; this one, it's a tremendous stretch to find a positive, although kudos to your flexibility in achieving that :-)
Old 03-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

If we end up as a #2 seed in UConn's or ND's region then yes it was a bad loss. I think those two teams are head and shoulders above everyone else. I think we have a reasonable chance at beat any of the other teams. I'd like to play Tennessee again, but chances are they won't put the two highest SEC teams in the same region.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
doccock
Super Doc

Male

CockyCash: 500
doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

With 2 losses in our last 3 games, yes it was a bad loss. However, hopefully they got some of the dumb mistakes out of the way and can get back to the team we saw 90+ percent of the year.
Playing themselves out of a top seed might be a good incentive.
doc
Old 03-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

how was it a bad loss kentucky is good too

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

It's not a bad loss at all, considering that Kentucky is very good. However, it could be a costly loss depending on where we're seeded.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Better losing now than in the Tourney.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Number 1 seed or not, with the way we can't or won't attempt or make any outside shots will hinder us making a deep, deep run. Hopefully we can make it to the Elite 8 but we've become one dimensional and if someone doesn't step up and make 3's, midrange jumpers or at least show that we are not afraid to shoot them we might not make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Hopefully next year one or two of our recruits will have the guts to fire it up. Also we are making silly turnovers that we weren't in our SEC season championship run. We better tighten it up quick.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I thought we either needed to beat Tennessee in the last regular season game or win the SEC Tournament to get a 1 seed. It looks like we're relegated to a 2, but that is still an outstanding season for a relatively young team that will be much better next season with a huge influx of young talent.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #10
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Yes. Bad loss. UT beat Kentucky today for the SEC tournament title. I would be surprised if we're a higher seed than the Vols.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #11
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
Yes. Bad loss. UT beat Kentucky today for the SEC tournament title. I would be surprised if we're a higher seed than the Vols.
I feel like this "maybe it was better we lost" mentality is something Clemson would do.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I was disappointed in how we played. I could tell we got discouraged very early. It seemed like we were pressing. Kudos to Kentucky, they learned from their first couple of losses to us. Hopefully we can learn from this one. We can't be a one-trick pony on offense and expect to have too much success tough. We need to find some better outside and mid range shooting.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #13
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I was disappointed in how we played. I could tell we got discouraged very early. It seemed like we were pressing. Kudos to Kentucky, they learned from their first couple of losses to us. Hopefully we can learn from this one. We can't be a one-trick pony on offense and expect to have too much success tough. We need to find some better outside and mid range shooting.
I think we have people who can hit mid and long range jumpers, but we turned the ball over too much, trying to get the ball inside. We will have a lot of practice time to work on this before the tournament.