CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
RGHoskins
TAFC 5 1981
Dizzy01
ReadR00ster
Cockhornleghorn
Rebel4ever
OscarTheGrouch
Diamond DeSheilds, U (1884)
how has more ESPN an (1146)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (884)
Gamecock Legacy recr (661)
Attendance next seas (479)
Clemson's At It Agai (450)
Women's bb - Deshiel (392)
$15 home AC (306)
22 ways to annoy peo (284)
Why sports will alwa (209)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
how has more ESPN anounce
Clemson's At It Again
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
One thing I was glad to s
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Connor Mitch
I got robbed in broad day
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
USC-Hokie
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 700
USC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his comb
Default BPL

After week 1, who is your favorite to win the league?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly
Default Re: BPL

Man U ... Unless Rooney goes to Chelsea
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
TheManInBlack
Recruit

CockyCash: 500
TheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervous

After week 1, you have to say City right??? They looked crazy good yesterday, plus getting rid of Tevez, Balotelli (even though great players) and Mancini cant hurt.
TheManInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

As a ManU fan I don't see us finishing #1...hate to say it but it'll be City or Chelsea. We will be in top 3 though. Hearing rumors of getting Ozil from Real. Man I hope that happens; midfield needs a big injection.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

What I think:
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. United
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

However, it's silly to make predictions after one round. United lost at Everton last year and a lot of people wrote them off. If Spurs can keep Bale, they can challenge for the title. Their midfield is nasty. Also, if Defoe can learn to put the ball in the net instead of pulling it wide, he willl amplify their attacking threat.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

United WILL NOT win the league. They just aren't good enough. I am a Chelsea fan and have been for years so I am cheering for them. City looked good yesterday and I am a little curious how Mourinho is going to get playing time for all his guys.

I ABHOR Man U. I couldn't stand Alex Ferguson (and no, I will NEVER call him 'Sir'). However, I love Moyes. Love the guy and what he did at Everton. So it's a lot harder to cheer against Man U now.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

City
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
What I think:
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. United
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

However, it's silly to make predictions after one round. United lost at Everton last year and a lot of people wrote them off. If Spurs can keep Bale, they can challenge for the title. Their midfield is nasty. Also, if Defoe can learn to put the ball in the net instead of pulling it wide, he willl amplify their attacking threat.
Wonder how much time Defoe will see if Saldado lights it up?
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
USC-Hokie
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 700
USC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his comb

I agree it's silly to make a prediction after week 1, basically just asking who everyone thinks will win.

I personally don't think United have it either. New manager, losing a force like Rooney likely. Under Ferguson I would argue differently, but I just think they take a hit with a very good coach in Moyes. They will lose/draw some games where Fergie's knowledge would get them through.

Chelsea, they have the talent to win it but I think the fanfare around Mourinho being back will take away from the actual product on the field at some point. I will say they have some of the best attacking players in the league, but until they find a consistent striker I don't see them winning it. I think Lukaku is the guy but not sure how much Mourinho trusts him yet.

City look like a completely different team. Under Mancini they would just pass teams to sleep until they hoped for an opening. Pellegrini is a different monster with his style, attack, attack, attack. Also, he puts his in form players on the field unlike Mancini. Mancini just made sure his superstars were on the field. He told Joe Hart the other day that he needed to find his form from a couple of years ago or he would lose his spot. That said, he also puts his players in a position to succeed. Last year Mancini didn't know what to do with Dzeko, Pellegrini already has him back to form. And as someone else said, he has no patience for the Balotelli's and Tevez's of the world.

Should be interesting but I also see it being between Chelsea and City with City getting the slight edge based on experience.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Wonder how much time Defoe will see if Saldado lights it up?
I'd say it will dwindle significantly. ESPN FC reporting that United are launching a 35m bid for Fellaini and Baines. I'd be happy with that deal.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

I am an Arsenal fan.

We are gonna get ****ing relegated.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

City or Chelsea will win the league, both have looked great, City especially.

United's lack of a midfield will be their downfall. Spurs will be top 4, United and spurs will battle between 3rd and 4th.
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #13
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb

Quote:
I'd say it will dwindle significantly. ESPN FC reporting that United are launching a 35m bid for Fellaini and Baines. I'd be happy with that deal.

Please let this deal pan out.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #14
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
I am an Arsenal fan.

Things aren't THAT bad. You all do need to sign some players or tell Wenger to hit the road, though.

The Sun (A tabloid, I know) is reporting that the Bale-to-Madrid deal is all but finished and Spurs are preparing to launch a raid for 4-6 players. No clue who they are.

No word on the United deal yet.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

Fenerbache fans in Turkey set off flares and fireworks outside of the Arsenal hotel last night. Arsenal/Fenerbache play the 1st leg of a UCL playoff match tonight. It's looking like Arsenal's only chance of being in the UCL next year is to win it this year.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Citeh
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Chelsea
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb
Default BPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
I am an Arsenal fan.

This...really feeling gutted and miserable right now with how shite Wenger is handling the club/situation. I expect city to win the league though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb
Default BPL

Quote:
Fenerbache fans in Turkey set off flares and fireworks outside of the Arsenal hotel last night. Arsenal/Fenerbache play the 1st leg of a UCL playoff match tonight. It's looking like Arsenal's only chance of being in the UCL next year is to win it this year.
Doing we even have the man power to carry out the next few weeks. To many injuries to the team and to many matches in the next two weeks as well. Goodby CL goodbye PL haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

Sky Sports reporting that Willian is arriving at Spurs for a medical. Good signing for Tottenham.