CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
b381l
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
TheUniversityofSC
2014 Charleston Clas (5812)
Could Pharoh Run the (1085)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1040)
Huge recruiting week (911)
Big George Statue (638)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (619)
TV?? (521)
No Shave November (412)
Fly_over tomorrow? (385)
Scholarship Lounge B (338)
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
USC/South Alabama 11/22/2
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Big George Statue
2014 Charleston Classic *
Fly_over tomorrow?
TV??
Awful Shooting Continues
River Bluff High School.
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING

Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #101
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit
Default Re: 49ers vs Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
Thanks for the stereotype-driven generalizations. The guy plays at a high level, he's a CB, and he's in mano a mano matchups, against top-flight players, every down. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

JD had social media posts where he said Murray and Boyd were scared of him. Not quite sure you are apprised of all the facts (this isn't detracting from Clowney - he was one of our greatest players, and we wouldn't have had the success we did without him, the last 3 years).

Bold: R U serious? Michael Jordan was an almost psychopathic shit-talker, on the court. He was also the best.
Did you just see the way this guy acted after the game was over? Most people go over and shake the opponent's hand after the battle is over. This guy went Ultimate Warrior style with snot flying out of his nose in a post game interview. There is a difference between being an intense competitor and complete lunatic douchebag.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #102
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I thought she handled it perfectly. WTF are you supposed to do in that situation? He's obviously worked up and isn't going to listen to a thing you say.
Reminds me of this

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #103
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Did you just see the way this guy acted after the game was over? Most people go over and shake the opponent's hand after the battle is over. This guy went Ultimate Warrior style with snot flying out of his nose in a post game interview. There is a difference between being an intense competitor and complete lunatic douchebag.
He was jacked-up. His team won, and they're going to the super bowl. I agree it was a dooshtoid comment. But the stakes were high, and he's part of a highly competitive sports culture. I actually see the point in the Winston tweet, as crudely articulated as it was - that's what those dudes are actually thinking.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #104
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Peyton Manning is going to hand over a can of whoop ass in that game! Kaepernick doesn't even deserve to play in the same league as Manning. Seattle's defense is facing a little tougher task next.
Seattle gave up over 400 yards to the Saints last week. This was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen for a division championship game.....all bad calls in Seattle's favor. I'm a little surprised to see all the 49er haters on here with Lattimore and Culiver being part of the their team. I'm neutral on these teams, so I didn't really care who won. Seattle has 2 local guys playing for them Wilson and Robinson.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:45 AM   #105
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
He was jacked-up. His team won, and they're going to the super bowl. I agree it was a dooshtoid comment. But the stakes were high, and he's part of a highly competitive sports culture. I actually see the point in the Winston tweet, as crudely articulated as it was - that's what those dudes are actually thinking.
trying to make excuses where there is none.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #106
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Thanks for the stereotype-driven generalizations. The guy plays at a high level, he's a CB, and he's in mano a mano matchups, against top-flight players, every down. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Speaking of stereotypical...
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:52 AM   #107
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

He could have gotten his point across in the post game, and taken a jab at Crabtree without looking like a psycho. He didn't. It's something he's going to have to live with, not any of us. He's a great player who probably wishes he could take it back right about now. No excuses, just the truth.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:56 AM   #108
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

fyi

Quote:
Jim Harbaugh said preliminary reports indicated left guard Mike Iupati fractured his ankle, and linebacker NaVorro Bowman had suffered a torn ACL.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/1...mpionship-game
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 AM   #109
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Denver by 14.
Its easy to think the better offense that scores more and looks flashy will win but I really think this is could be a big seahawks win, especially if it snows. In the snow it is going to have to be a ground attack primarily and Seattle is far more adept at running, that is their MO, while the broncos would be in far worse situation if they had to play in the snow. Also a good defense beats a good offense and I won't bet against Peyton choking. Seattle by 10
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #110
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
Its easy to think the better offense that scores more and looks flashy will win but I really think this is could be a big seahawks win, especially if it snows. In the snow it is going to have to be a ground attack primarily and Seattle is far more adept at running, that is their MO, while the broncos would be in far worse situation if they had to play in the snow. Also a good defense beats a good offense and I won't bet against Peyton choking. Seattle by 10
I wouldn't bet my house on it. Im going to have to go with the Broncos here.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:24 AM   #111
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Erin Andrews and Pam Oliver BOTH need to be fired.

Erin Andrews, "Who was talking about you?"...what a ditz. Is this elementary school?
^ This is a guy who has no idea what he's talking about.

Hawks gonna beat Denver by the way. No doubt about it.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 AM   #112
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

That interview was awesome. If you disagree, you should take a long look at how boring your existence is.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 AM   #113
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Pam Oliver was terrible. She axed him if that was quote??? Yeah Dumbazz he just said it!

And then she locked up...

As for Erin she was just takin off guard like he scared her a little bit.lol

I love trash talk it makes it interesting. It's not smart though usually.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #114
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

I'm now a bandwagon fan of Seattle. Sherman is awesome. Talk a big game and follow it up. Plus, he is working on his Masters right now and is smarter than 99.9% of the people calling him out here. It's awesome. Also, go look at some of USC's players tweets before you start calling someone out for being ignorant.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 AM   #115
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Erin Andrews should have said look at dis fool when sending it back to the announcers
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #116
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Apart from Sherman being borderline psychotic, I think Seattle will beat Denver. I have felt for several weeks that Seattle was the best team in football. I also felt that San Francisco was the 2nd best team in football, and that the two were very close. I think Manning will put up a bunch of yards in between the 20's, but I think he is going to have trouble finding the endzone a bunch of times.

Give me the 'Hawks 27-24 over the Broncos.

P.S. Richard Sherman's mic game is already on the level of a lot of WWE Wrestlers...you know, in case this whole football thing doesn't work out for him.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #117
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I'm now a bandwagon fan of Seattle. Sherman is awesome. Talk a big game and follow it up. Plus, he is working on his Masters right now and is smarter than 99.9% of the people calling him out here. It's awesome. Also, go look at some of USC's players tweets before you start calling someone out for being ignorant.
I may have missed something but initially, I thought Sherman ran across and tapped Crabtree on the butt, as in a "Good Game" situation.

I then saw Crabtree shove Sherman in the face. Sherman pointed that out to the Official with NO REACTION.

I think he did the "Choke Sign" after that, which was probably why they threw the Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag.

Again, I may have missed something but that is the way it appeared to play out to me.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #118
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
That would be a great comeback.... if it were true.
True.. But it's 6 wins in 18 years, compared to 4 wins in 2 years...
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #119
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
I may have missed something but initially, I thought Sherman ran across and tapped Crabtree on the butt, as in a "Good Game" situation.

I then saw Crabtree shove Sherman in the face. Sherman pointed that out to the Official with NO REACTION.

I think he did the "Choke Sign" after that, which was probably why they threw the Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag.

Again, I may have missed something but that is the way it appeared to play out to me.
Sherman is a great player, but I just wish he had handled the interview better... He also is a pretty smart fellow.. Maybe he was still jacked up, but this is why I don't agree to having people on the sidelines sticking mics in these players faces just seconds after the game.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #120
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
You seriously believe that nonsense, since the Panthers have 6 playoff wins and Kaeperchoke doesn't, not to mention Carolina has NEVER lost anything prior to the Divisional round. So don't go tater and spout incorrect crap.
6 wins in 18 years, compared to 4 wins in 2 years.. My bad. And since we are talking about NEVER... Win a ring, and holla back.