CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Master Bedroom
CapitolCock
smoovecock
JohnSC
NAGamec0ckFan
Order 66
GamecokLuver
Gamecocks1137
sporkgod50
Relax. USC football (2350)
USC +17 (1222)
"Win Now" (1071)
Spurrier inherited a (1007)
Arnold Palmer dead a (638)
The good news (614)
Don't Underestimate (498)
Jose Fernandez Dead (373)
BEST SITCOM EVER (SE (219)
BEST SITCOM EVER (SE (211)
Gamecocks Will Win At Lea
CWM Please Someone Get Hi
"Win Now" Was N
Lay off Champ
The good news
Gamecocks for ORTH!
Should we run to the outs
Don't Underestimate Texas
Relax. USC football will
WBB - 2016-2017 OCC Sched

Old 05-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Gaming Headset recomendations

I currently have a Logitech G430. I've had it for probably 3 years now and it still works great, and I actually like it quite a lot. Long story short, I'd like to use it for work and buy a new headset for home use. I've considered buying another G430 since I like it and it's been reliable, but I'm considering upgrading to the Logitech G633. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have headsets with both of these and could give me some advice on if it's worth the higher price to get the 633, or maybe have experience with some other high end headset that you recommend. Of course I've looked around at Online reviews and such, but I like to get opinions from people that actually paid for the product and use it every day.

Things to consider:
This is for a desktop and I have no speakers plugged in, meaning my headset is my only source of sound. I use my computer a lot so it absolutely has to be a headset I can basically wear all day with no discomfort.

The headset will be used mostly for gaming. Quality of surround sound to hear enemies and mic quality to communicate with teammates is very important.

I play a pretty wide variety of games/genres, so it's important that the headset not be super specialized to only sound good with one type.

Budget wise I probably don't want to get any higher than $150.

I want to stick to a wired headset just because I feel like that's one less thing that can go wrong and there is less potential for sound lag, but if anyone has any strong feelings that wireless is absolutely the way to go I'd be curious to know why.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 800
DrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudlyDrZyn is crowing loudly
Default Re: Gaming Headset recomendations

People wear headsets now when they play video games and can hear other players and talk to them while playing? Wow, what will they think of next?
Old 05-19-2016, 03:49 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062848307561
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I currently have a Logitech G430. I've had it for probably 3 years now and it still works great, and I actually like it quite a lot. Long story short, I'd like to use it for work and buy a new headset for home use. I've considered buying another G430 since I like it and it's been reliable, but I'm considering upgrading to the Logitech G633. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have headsets with both of these and could give me some advice on if it's worth the higher price to get the 633, or maybe have experience with some other high end headset that you recommend. Of course I've looked around at Online reviews and such, but I like to get opinions from people that actually paid for the product and use it every day.

Things to consider:
This is for a desktop and I have no speakers plugged in, meaning my headset is my only source of sound. I use my computer a lot so it absolutely has to be a headset I can basically wear all day with no discomfort.

The headset will be used mostly for gaming. Quality of surround sound to hear enemies and mic quality to communicate with teammates is very important.

I play a pretty wide variety of games/genres, so it's important that the headset not be super specialized to only sound good with one type.

Budget wise I probably don't want to get any higher than $150.

I want to stick to a wired headset just because I feel like that's one less thing that can go wrong and there is less potential for sound lag, but if anyone has any strong feelings that wireless is absolutely the way to go I'd be curious to know why.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Turtle Beach, Razer, and SkullCandy all make a pretty good gaming headset. But personally I use the Kingston HyperX Cloud. Really great headset, comfortable with crystal clear audio and mic. You can get it on Amazon for less than 70 bucks which saves buttloads of money compared to the other three I mentioned. But if you are willing to splurge, a Turtle Beach, Razer or SkullCandy would be what I would definitely go after.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 90144645
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I second the Kingston Hyper X Cloud suggestion. Extremely comfortable and sounds great. It has a detachable mic so you can can use it as a normal pair of headphones too and it comes with both felt and leather removable ear cups that have memory foam padding.

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-G.../dp/B00JJNQG98

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #5
rioninusc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

I don't have any good headsets, but as Gamecock stated, his is the best valued Headset.

Here are some reputable websites when it comes to reviews.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gam...view-2710.html

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gaming-headsets/

Sennheiser is a good brand, but very expensive. Also Logitech is good, if you loved the one you had, it might not be a bad idea to get the same one, or 1 step up. Main thing is to read the reviews on these items as well.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
I second the Kingston Hyper X Cloud suggestion. Extremely comfortable and sounds great. It has a detachable mic so you can can use it as a normal pair of headphones too and it comes with both felt and leather removable ear cups that have memory foam padding.

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-G.../dp/B00JJNQG98
I'll third it. Both the standard and Cloud II are great products, just depends on if you want the USB sound card or not. I have a hard time thinking you can find more bang for your buck considering all of the accessories that come with each.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #7
Jbsc88
Cash,Cars, Hoes, Dabo

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Jbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudlyJbsc88 is crowing loudly

I have two awesome headsets. Number one is Skull candy Crusher. This headset has built in Bass you can feel. Comes with a bass adjuster. Mic located on cord. Price of the Skull Candy headset was 99.00 at GameStop.
Second I own a set called Steel series Siberia P300 for PS4 Very comfortable and affordable headset with built in mic and mute button. Awesome sound quality, but does not pack that massive bass punch of the Skull Candy Crusher. Paid 62.99 for them at GameStop. The Hyper X is a good headset also.

Gamecock For Life!!
Jbsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:11 AM   #8
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 1090385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I have the Earforce Stealth 420x They are wireless all around, and have pretty great range. The sound quality is good enough for me. The battery life is remarkably longer than I expected. I don't think I've had to charge them but a handful of times since I bought them.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #9
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Thanks for the input folks. I think I'm going to decide between the Cloud II and the Logitech one I was already looking at. tomsguide seems to think the Logitech is the way to go but pcgamer says to go for the Cloud. Gotta look around some more.