CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ccured
b381l
CockyDevil
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
USCBatgirl21
CockyLifer
Curt Geezus
usc90grad
tcmac08
Ace Dilcock
Athlon Sports ranks (941)
Newest thing in home (346)
5 coaches who derser (139)
CFN's Vandy Preview (111)
Dawn talks Rio, recr (84)
2018 WBB - Olivia Ne (33)
clowney 8x10 autogra (27)
Coastal Carolina to the C
5 coaches who derserve to
CONNOR SHAW DISCUSSION TH
Copa America and Euro 201
2017 - OrTre Smith
clowney 8x10 autograph ph
2018 WBB - Olivia Nelson-
CFN's Vandy Preview
Athlon Sports ranks GameC
Phil Steel Pre-season Top

Old 05-16-2016, 12:57 AM   #1
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 999998312457751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Some cool Steam Alphas out

There is this new Alpha out for an Apocalyptic MMO called The SKIES. Been playing for about an hour and I have to say its pretty well done. Especially for one that is free to play as well.

Also there is another one out called Machinecraft. I know what you are thinking, and no it is not like Minecraft lol. It is a game kind of like Siege, where you build your own machines. Could be anything from cars, to boats to planes etc, and you can actually take the machines you build and race them, or fight them against other opponents in a pvp match setting. Really great idea for a game.

Are you guys playing any Early Stage Alphas at the moment, and if so please feel free to share, always looking for new games to play.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Some cool Steam Alphas out

The guy one starring my thread must be on cockytalk 24 hours a day 7 days a week just waiting for me to post a thread to one star. He literally does it a minute after I post it. Such a sad individual
Old 05-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

I had no idea what a steam machine was until I googled when I saw this thread. Interesting idea. So the way I understand it is that it designed to allow PC gaming in a more console type system.

EDIT: I didn't get into what Alphas are yet. Too much info all at once!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
I had no idea what a steam machine was until I googled when I saw this thread. Interesting idea. So the way I understand it is that it designed to allow PC gaming in a more console type system.

EDIT: I didn't get into what Alphas are yet. Too much info all at once!
An Alpha is basically a really early version of a game that is being tested, mostly because its an online game to see how the basics work out and for folks to play for free and find glitches to report to the developers and give feed back on their thoughts on the game.

If the Alpha goes well then they move to what is called the Beta stage, which is usually a short window of time with a lot of updates to the game. Which afterwards they move to the final version, which would be verson 1.0 for release to the public.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:35 AM   #5
Order 66
Welcome Coach Boom!

Male

CockyCash: 100385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm downloading Masters of Orion 4 right now. I watched some gameplay, and it looks worth it. They are still tweaking bits here and there, but you can't mess up MOO if you just reboot the original with better graphics.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #6
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
An Alpha is basically a really early version of a game that is being tested, mostly because its an online game to see how the basics work out and for folks to play for free and find glitches to report to the developers and give feed back on their thoughts on the game.

If the Alpha goes well then they move to what is called the Beta stage, which is usually a short window of time with a lot of updates to the game. Which afterwards they move to the final version, which would be verson 1.0 for release to the public.
Ok, I actually knew that come to think of it. I guess the reference to the Steam Machine threw me off.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

That being said, I wasn't the one who rated you thread so low. I don't think I've ever actually rated a thread before.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #8
rioninusc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Dern here is the Wiki on game development, didn't realize how many stages were put into video games. Thought it was working game, alpha, beta, and finally release. Alpha was for bugs, Beta was to make sure it worked with a widespread audience, and to get any last bugs out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Gamecock, are alphas the early access games on steam?

Bigspenda what I usually do is vote threads with 5 stars to offset the person in hopes they will get tired of being a douchebag.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Dern here is the Wiki on game development, didn't realize how many stages were put into video games. Thought it was working game, alpha, beta, and finally release. Alpha was for bugs, Beta was to make sure it worked with a widespread audience, and to get any last bugs out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Gamecock, are alphas the early access games on steam?

Bigspenda what I usually do is vote threads with 5 stars to offset the person in hopes they will get tired of being a douchebag.
Yep all the early access on steam are Alphas, if its a beta it usually states in the tags under the game. Most Alphas are free, and you would be surprised how many free alphas are much better than the ones you have to pay to play. Developers who make it free do so with passion about their game, wanting the most out of it. So I don't buy into the paid alphas, that is just a way to get screwed out of cash. Most alphas dont make it, but most that are free do make it. If that makes sense.