CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Lonnie
B-G
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
Why is everyone anti (2237)
Busta out indefinite (1246)
How did we not make (1209)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Miss St. defense (1060)
Just thought of some (1056)
SOS says his next st (883)
Our Road Upset Wins (775)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (692)
Busta out indefinitely.
To ANYONE complaining abo
Michael Sams done in Dall
No easy road for our offe
Our Road Upset Wins
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Miss St. defense
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat

Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

The bottom line is that he was caught on tv berating a player..that is the only reason this is occuring..frank needs to berate his guys in a lower voice..i gaurantee ray isnt happy at all.

Last edited by sc455; 01-22-2014 at 06:31 PM.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #22
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Some people think our coach is

while another group thinks our coach is

Some people think our players are

while another group thinks our players are

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #23
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

I'm glad he apologized...hope he finds a better way to get his point across than that from now on.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #24
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No, "You're a ****ing bove it."
No, It's pretty clear he said bum.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #25
tsb44
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit

It's called tough love. Noone ever got anywhere in this world by being coddled. It's pretty obvious to me he said "you're a F****** bove it". He loves these kids and that is obvious. He is the best thing we had in a long time. These kids are men...young men but men, fear breeds respect. It takes emotion and passion to get through to these kids and sometimes it goes to the extreme but that does not mean it is intended with ill will or uneffective. He just expects a lot from these kids and being in the SEC they have no choice but to grow up and toughen up quick. He was probably trying to get through to Brent and show the younger guys what he expects out of a senior.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #26
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

pretty sure he said bum
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #27
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

He does not say bum. At all. He says "You're a f*cking mama's boy".
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #28
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I have heard pee wee league football coaches that are worse
Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #29
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I have heard pee wee league football coaches that are worse
And...
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

The ones crying about Martin are probably the same people who don't want teachers to use red ink because it will harm their self esteem. Coddling them only encourages failure, you signed with Martin you know what you are getting if you can't take the heat get the hell out, why do you Harris and Gill left because they were too soft to deal with a real hardnosed coach. Sick and tired of the pussification of America, since when are coaches supposed to be nice? I took my share of ass ripings from coaches in middle school, high school, and college, did it get my feelings hurt hell no, I was called worse and had more f bombs dropped at ne in basic training. Then again I wasn't raised to be a weak person either.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #31
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I took my share of ass ripings from coaches in middle school, high school, and college, did it get my feelings hurt hell no,

Did you mean ass rapings?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #32
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Who cares what he said? Coaches talk this way all the time. Maybe not with his intensity, but until he strikes a player or uses a racial slur, this just sounds like the grumbles of people who don't understand that the man is trying to teach these boys to bite back when the heat is on.

If the players want him to shut up, then shut him up on the court. Otherwise, carry on as we have been.

At this point, I have confidence in his ability to pull us out of the dumpster. This was not going to be an Auburn football turn around where the players were already in place and had been previously recruited for a malzhan offense. This is a complete rebuild of a dumpster fire that was posing as a basketball team.

If he can't get the job done, send him packing. Other than that, I don't care what he says or does short of causing a national incident.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #33
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
The ones crying about Martin are probably the same people who don't want teachers to use red ink because it will harm their self esteem. Coddling them only encourages failure, you signed with Martin you know what you are getting if you can't take the heat get the hell out, why do you Harris and Gill left because they were too soft to deal with a real hardnosed coach. Sick and tired of the pussification of America, since when are coaches supposed to be nice? I took my share of ass ripings from coaches in middle school, high school, and college, did it get my feelings hurt hell no, I was called worse and had more f bombs dropped at ne in basic training. Then again I wasn't raised to be a weak person either.

What a load of absolute bullshit.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #34
SPURprise
Walk On

Male

SPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervous

This is one clip of SEVERAL I could pull from the Ole Miss game. Martin goes over the line in every game and it is getting worse.

Cussing at Williams? Read below, does this sound like a player you would berate?! This isn't "tough love" it is abusive behavior. There are ways to get through to players without calling them a m* f-ing mama's boy. Think about what that phrase actually means. It's awful and shouldn't be allowed.)

"Williams, the teamís lone senior and third-leading scorer at 11.1 points per game, nearly brought the Gamecocks (7-10, 0-4 SEC) back. He was fouled on a 3-point attempt late in the game and made all three free throws to make it a one-point affair, and then tracked down an errant inbound pass. USC couldnít convert in the final 1.8 seconds to win, though.

Williams is also leading the country in free-throw percentage (98 percent). He has only missed one of 49 attempts this season and set a school record for consecutive free throws made (50), breaking the mark held by John Roche."
SPURprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #35
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURprise View Post
Just a little bit of what the mics picked up on Saturday in the Ole Miss game.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nlvm34&s=5#.Ut_8a_Yo5GE
That is it? What is all the fuss about? That is some mild crap there. Some people really are teacups out there.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #36
lunchtrey
Walk On

lunchtrey has hatched from the shell

Quit coming in here and stirring up trouble SPURprise, you are not a Gamecock fan and you know it.
lunchtrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #37
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

His team had better start winning soon. That kind of publicity doesn't get you a longer leash.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #38
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

I don't know about the pussification of the country and all that but we've all seen the total rebuild job Holtz & Spurrier did with our football program and all the success our baseball team enjoyed under Tanner and I don't think they'd ever have treated a player like that. Again, glad he is a man of integrity who can admit he made a mistake & apologize for it. Hoping it acts as a turning point & brings the team closer together - it's obvious Coach Martin cares...just needs to rein it in a bit in-game IMHO.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #39
SPURprise
Walk On

Male

SPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervous

lunchtrey - I'm intelligent... and I am sticking up for the players and the class of the program. You don't see any other respectable college basketball coach in the country acting like he does.

However, thank you for the "We don't take too kindly to people like you 'round here" attitude. It gave me a laugh.
SPURprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #40
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURprise View Post
This is one clip of SEVERAL I could pull from the Ole Miss game. Martin goes over the line in every game and it is getting worse.

Cussing at Williams? Read below, does this sound like a player you would berate?! This isn't "tough love" it is abusive behavior. There are ways to get through to players without calling them a m* f-ing mama's boy. Think about what that phrase actually means. It's awful and shouldn't be allowed.)

"Williams, the teamís lone senior and third-leading scorer at 11.1 points per game, nearly brought the Gamecocks (7-10, 0-4 SEC) back. He was fouled on a 3-point attempt late in the game and made all three free throws to make it a one-point affair, and then tracked down an errant inbound pass. USC couldnít convert in the final 1.8 seconds to win, though.

Williams is also leading the country in free-throw percentage (98 percent). He has only missed one of 49 attempts this season and set a school record for consecutive free throws made (50), breaking the mark held by John Roche."

Troll city