CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
3MTA3
Thenardier
ertman420
thekob
b381l
G&B
Master Bedroom
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1180)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (817)
Cunningham wants to (520)
Purple drank (433)
Horseshoes has been (213)
Clemson Georgia Game (173)
ESPN article on Clow (141)
Fumble party (138)
1964 World’s Fair (130)
Softball tops Georgi (116)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
Clemson Georgia Game to b

Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material
Default Clemson Sexual Assault

Hate to see stuff like this happen. They found her unconscious in front of the science building.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...nclick_check=1
Old 01-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Sexual Assault

Hope she recovers. Hope they catch the sob
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I hope they catch whoever did this and lock them away
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

While I hate this happened, and no ones wants to see anyone hurt, why was she out after dark jogging alone?
One of the first things they tell you is NEVER go out alone after dark. Too often a little common sense can prevent things like this from happening.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
ds401
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

It doesn't give some AHole the right to hurt a female. I use to have to take the subway/'L' in Chicago to school. I use to hold my tailoring shears, noone ever sat next to me or bothered me:) I was 17 yrs. old.

I find it odd that this happened on campus. Wonder if it was a student who committed the crime.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

A college campus should be safe at any hour! Students are always walking around late at night/early in the morning. Not a good decision to be alone but she still shouldn't have to worry about being assaulted.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
A college campus should be safe at any hour! Students are always walking around late at night/early in the morning. Not a good decision to be alone but she still shouldn't have to worry about being assaulted.
Should be, you nailed it..unfortunately we don't live in the perfect world where it is, there are bad people in this world, and they target those who appear to be weak, especially women/elderly/handicapped. Should it be that way? Nope, but it is and you and I have to live in it. So do what you can to protect yourself and limit your exposure, make wise decisions.

All that being said, I am not blaming the young lady for this horrible act, just hoping since it happened it will serve the purpose of making people be more aware of their situation and surroundings.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #8
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

CockyCash: 200
TS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
While I hate this happened, and no ones wants to see anyone hurt, why was she out after dark jogging alone?
One of the first things they tell you is NEVER go out alone after dark. Too often a little common sense can prevent things like this from happening.
I don't understand what the hell you are trying to say here. Is it her fault because she went jogging alone after dark or she didn't have enough common sense?

Was she asking for it?

TS-45 Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #9
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Quote:
Good point, I almost forgot that women shouldn't jog after dark. If they can't get their jog in before 5:30 PM in January, they just need to get on the treadmill. Otherwise they basically want to be raped. That is just common sense.
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 AM   #10
wthforever
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
wthforever is learning to peck

Thought I remember hearing a while back where Clemson recruiters were using that against USC, telling the parents or something, that Columbia is a dangerous town, on and on?
wthforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 AM   #11
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post
Good point, I almost forgot that women shouldn't jog after dark. If they can't get their jog in before 5:30 PM in January, they just need to get on the treadmill. Otherwise they basically want to be raped. That is just common sense.
Quit being a smartass. Use some common sense, clearly she didn't imply that. Read deeper and speak less

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 AM   #12
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I thought bad things only happened in Columbia.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #13
bobbycock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
It doesn't give some AHole the right to hurt a female. I use to have to take the subway/'L' in Chicago to school. I use to hold my tailoring shears, noone ever sat next to me or bothered me:) I was 17 yrs. old.

I find it odd that this happened on campus. Wonder if it was a student who committed the crime.
The difference between what you did and this jogger is the fact that you had to do what you did...she didn't need to be jogging late at night. She lacked common sense. But I hope she recovers from this ordeal.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #14
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
She was on campus, not jogging through the hood.

Surprised to see you blaming this on the victim.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #15
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
She was on campus, not jogging through the hood.

Surprised to see you blaming this on the victim.
ODL people. Not blaming the victim at all. Just saying what everyone is thinking, especially if you read the comments on the news outlets Facebook pages.

It doesn't matter where she was jogging. Young women are told from the moment they get on campus (and many are told by their parents as they are growing up) NOT to go anywhere after dark alone because it makes you more vulnerable to crime. IT IS UNSAFE! Even in the article the police point out how unsafe it is to go out alone after dark. So I guess they are blaming the victim too. When I was in school 20+ years ago, we always went in groups after dark. If you had late classes you found someone in your class going to the same dorm as you to walk with. If you had to go park your car and walk back to the dorm you got your roommate or someone on your hall to go with you. Why? SAFETY IN NUMBERS.

Yes, we should expect to be safe on college campuses, even after dark. BUT that is not the world we live in. I wonder, had she been walking home alone from Tiger Town Tavern (or had it been one of our students walking home alone from 5 Points) how quick many of you would have been to point out the same thing - that it could have been avoided had she been in a group? But oh no...you can't point that out if something happens on campus.

Again, no one asks to be attacked. But I'm standing by my statements that in ANY situation when someone (male or female) is attacked (be it mugged, raped, whathaveyou) being out alone after dark makes one more vulnerable and criminals look for those people. There is a reason why we tell people not to be out alone after dark.

Sadly, this is yet another example that the Police and University Officials will have to illustrate their point.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #16
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

As a father of a young lady, I cannot imagine the anguish, nor do I want to try. Praying for that young lady and her family.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #17
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post
No, there are options. Just find a partner to run with and make decisions that are less risky.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #18
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

That woman has the right to be anywhere and anytime and to NOT be a victim. She does not share one iota of blame here. In the future I suggest that she pack heat or at least some mace or a Taser on her keychain. Nail the bastards!

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

No one is saying she carries any blame at all, just what she did goes against what people (women especially) are taught about how to keep safe. Regardless, an awful event and prayers to the victim and her family, and hellfire and brimstone to the assailant.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #20
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Man, I read this thread and then a couple about the super bowl and the ad at the top of the page showed a CWP ad, then a super bowl ad. Freaky.

Well, certainly men and women should be able to go anywhere that they are allowed to at any time without fear of attack. Unfortunately, the reality is that steps should be taken to reduce the risk that is part of life.

That being said, the best result of this moving forward is that the SOB is caught, prosecuted and incarcerated for as long as possible. This poor girl went for a jog and her whole life changed in a terrible way. Prayers to her and her family and friends for this life long ordeal.