CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gamecockswag
b381l
cocksmith1or11
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
Travelin
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
Badazcock
Freshman ND WR " (1144)
Good Riddance to bad (602)
The Comeback & T (528)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (400)
Keeping tailgate foo (389)
ESPN Game Day Commen (294)
An A to Z of Noah We (277)
TeMarcus Blanton (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (247)
Simple "yes" or
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Auburn game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Battlefield 4
The Comeback & The Bl

Old 03-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb
Default 2015 WBB - Asia Durr - 5'10" Point Guard

Consensus #1 prep player in the 2015 class from Douglasville, GA.
Usually listed as a point guard but coaches and observers feel she's an all around combo guard also comfortable playing the wing.
Has USC in her cut down list of 13 schools:
Notre Dame, Kentucky, Louisville, Georgia, Duke, Baylor, UConn, Rutgers, Florida State, Maryland, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU

http://www.fullcourt.com/tags/asia-durr

Quote:
Durr has been a dynamic player on the court since she enrolled at St. Pius. This season, she is averaging 24.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.8 steals per game. Durr played a major part in leading the Golden Lions to its fourth state champion in the program’s history last season. She averaged 18.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.5 steals during last season’s championship run.

St. Pius head coach Kyle Snipes said Durr is unflappable on the court and plays at a higher level than most players her age.

“She does a lot of things for us that helps make us successful,” Snipes said. “She’s really good at making her teammates better and she’s almost unselfish to a fault at times, almost to the point where I have to say ‘you need to shoot the ball more.’”

Durr is strong at shooting three-pointers and pull-up jumpers. Durr is shooting 56 percent from the field and 42 percent from outside the three-point line. Although she makes it look easy, she said her jump shot was something she had to work hard at to get down pat.

“It took me two years to get that down,” she said. “I’m trying to stay in the gym and get better with that.”

Although she had some skills at an early age, Durr said she had to work hard to get where she is in her career, which included learning which hand to shoot with. Durr is right handed but shoots with her left hand. Durr was in the fourth grade shooting with both hands at the same time when her coach told her she had to shoot with one hand.

“I tried my right hand and that was terrible,” she said. “So I tried my left hand and it was OK so I stuck with that.”

Being the No. 1 player in the nation has led to many opportunities for Durr. In May 2013, she was selected to the 2013 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team. She was named the most valuable player at the FIBA Americas Cup Tournament when the United States U16 Women’s Basketball team won the gold medal after defeating Canada in Cancun, Mexico. Durr said playing basketball for her country was a great experience.

“That was my first time going out of the country with some new group of girls,” she said. “It was a lot of fun going out there and playing against Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina and other good teams.”

During her sophomore year, Durr began receiving basketball scholarship offers from some of the top college programs in the country. She has not committed to a school yet but has narrowed her choices down to 13 schools, which include Connecticut, Florida State, Louisiana State, Notre Dame, South Carolina and Tennessee.

“I want to go to a school that’s going to make me feel like I’m at home,” she said, “A team that has a great coaching staff, a team that can win national championships and just a school where I feel comfortable at.”

Durr, who has 3.1 GPA, said she will make her decision next year. As for now, she is focused on helping her team finish out the season strong and possibly winning a second consecutive state championship.
http://thechampionnewspaper.com/news...s-no-1-player/
http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-li...25-born-leader

Last edited by JDuro; 03-26-2014 at 07:18 PM.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: 2015 - Asia Durr - 5'10" Point Guard

Let's have an all-Asia/A'ja starting five in a couple more years!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 WBB - Asia Durr - 5'10" Point Guard

IMO Durr is the type of PG role player that our team is missing: a point player that can handle and distribute the ball, play ferocious perimeter defense and also be a consistent scorer - not necessarily be a team leader score-wise, but be able to consistently contribute from the perimeter and 3-pt line. A back-court duo such as Cuevas and Durr added to what we'll have in the interior (Coates, White, possibly Wilson on the wing) would be a world-killer.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

cant imagine she wouldnt go to uconn, they got the womens game on lock
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
A great player should realize that they can elevate a good program to UCONN status. We have a top 5 class coming in next year and we will give UCONN a run for their money.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think we get the chick from Texas who I think is actually better.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 AM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

She definitely can get her own shot whenever she wants. Would love to get her in Cola.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post

The winds of change are upon us; or at least, there will soon be a couple more "key holders"!!

jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:10 AM   #9
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Dropped down to #2 in ESPN 2015 rankings.

Te'a Cooper down to #12. I believe she had previously been #5 one spot over Kyra Lambert but no longer.
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls...s/_/class/2015

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #10
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

We don't make the cut for Asia Durr's top 5 .

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...and-notre-dame
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Yep I haven't been hearing a lot of good news for the 2015 class.....in fact I haven't heard much news at all. All of the early targets that were showing interest in USC that I heard of have all chosen someone else. Don't know of any others who may be high on our recruiting lists for this cycle.....
Old 08-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #12
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Yep I haven't been hearing a lot of good news for the 2015 class.....in fact I haven't heard much news at all. All of the early targets that were showing interest in USC that I heard of have all chosen someone else. Don't know of any others who may be high on our recruiting lists for this cycle.....
I don't think we have many open slots this year.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I don't think we have many open slots this year.
We'll have 3, to replace departing seniors Aleighsa Welch, Elem Ibiam, and Olivia Gaines. Not only 3 departing contributors, but 2 of them very huge contributors to the team's success. The problem I guess with bringing in 3 very talented 6-4+ players in back-to-back classes: most probably think Wilson will end up a 4/5 more than a 3, and Welch and Ibiam manned the 4 and 5 spots. Any talented post players or forwards coming in with the '15 class will have Coates for 2 years and Wilson and White for 3 years, to contend with. That's probably causing a number of them to look for better opportunities to play elsewhere...

Although we'll still need more quality depth at the 2 and 3 spots: Mitchell, Dozier, and Sessions will be seniors in 2015, and whoever comes in at those spots will only have 1 year behind them. Then after that the minutes on the floor opens up tremendously. Top programs like UConn and UT continuously stock their rosters - UConn's 2015 class is already done with 4-5 commitments - they are a front-runner for Durr, and they are already working on 2016. Those programs can have 4* and 5* talent sitting behind other starters for years, because everyone wants to go play for national championship winners.

Hopefully USC continues to rise to where we can keep that kind of talent incoming, if we want to consistently remain in the discussion with those other programs....
Old 08-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #14
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
We'll have 3, to replace departing seniors Aleighsa Welch, Elem Ibiam, and Olivia Gaines. Not only 3 departing contributors, but 2 of them very huge contributors to the team's success. The problem I guess with bringing in 3 very talented 6-4+ players in back-to-back classes: most probably think Wilson will end up a 4/5 more than a 3, and Welch and Ibiam manned the 4 and 5 spots. Any talented post players or forwards coming in with the '15 class will have Coates for 2 years and Wilson and White for 3 years, to contend with. That's probably causing a number of them to look for better opportunities to play elsewhere...

Although we'll still need more quality depth at the 2 and 3 spots: Mitchell, Dozier, and Sessions will be seniors in 2015, and whoever comes in at those spots will only have 1 year behind them. Then after that the minutes on the floor opens up tremendously. Top programs like UConn and UT continuously stock their rosters - UConn's 2015 class is already done with 4-5 commitments - they are a front-runner for Durr, and they are already working on 2016. Those programs can have 4* and 5* talent sitting behind other starters for years, because everyone wants to go play for national championship winners.

Hopefully USC continues to rise to where we can keep that kind of talent incoming, if we want to consistently remain in the discussion with those other programs....
Durr's top 5 does not include UConn .
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote